Whatever age that you are at, a fitness program is the best thing that you can do to your body so that it stays healthy. But what exactly is a fitness program and how is it different from the sporadic days of exercise that we indulge in? Fitness training programs are an integrated set of goal-oriented programs that are designed keeping in mind the specific needs of a person like those related to her/his health, skills, profession, etc. Best fitness programs are the ones that include:
- Cardio and stamina building exercises to help strengthen your cardiovascular system, breathing, and blood circulation.
- Strength training for improving bone and muscular strength.
- Core exercises to strengthen your lower back, pelvis region, and abdomen.
- Balance training that helps improve your balance and coordination.
- Stretching exercises aimed at improving flexibility and posture.
Why do we need a structured fitness program?
Doing workouts that are tailor-made for you make all the difference to your health and fitness. Here are some reasons why a structure in our fitness programs is critical:
- You know exactly which exercises to do along with the numbers of sets and reps. This helps in increasing their efficacy and results.
- You avoid the risk of injury that comes with overtraining.
- Since your goals are achieved better it has a direct impact on your health, productivity, and mental state.
What are the signs that you need to start with a fitness program?
Your bodies give us ample signs to start exercising. These include:
- You fall sick more often.
- You are often exhausted and fatigued.
- You've gained or lost weight without trying.
- You experience shortness of breath.
- You feel the blues more often i.e. you are unable to manage stress and anxiety.
Which are some of the best exercises to include in my fitness program?
With a plethora of options available for fitness training programs and information available, choosing the best one for yourself may get a little tricky and overwhelming. We have rounded some of the best exercises to include in your fitness program that are not only easy but extremely effective too:
This is an amazing whole body workout that enhances your flexibility and strength in your legs and glutes. It is a simple beginners workout that is easy to practice and is also a fun group exercise that can be included in teenage fitness programs.
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and arms at your side.
- Step forward with your right leg as you bend your knee till your thigh is parallel to the floor.
- Hold the position for a few seconds.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Do 10-12 sets of 3-4 reps each.
This is a great workout for teenagers to increase the strength in their core and lower body as it exercises their calves, quadriceps, hamstrings, abdomen, etc. What's more, it is a super fun exercise to include in the kids fitness programs too.
- Start by standing straight with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Keeping your chest and chin up, push your hips back and bend your knees in a sitting position till your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Keep your arms in front of you and pause for a few seconds. Return to the starting position.
- Do 3-4 sets of 20 reps.
One of the most fun and effective exercises to include in teenage fitness programs, burpees are a compound exercise that works on your legs, hips, abdomen, chest, shoulders, abdomen, etc.
- Start by standing with your arms at your sides.
- Reach your arms over your head and jump.
- Come down and get into a pushup position and do 1 pushup.
- Come back up
- Do 2-3 sets of 7-8 reps each.
Mountain climber with a Swiss ball:
This is one of the most effective tummy tightening exercises to include in fitness programs for women. This is a great workout for upper body that doesn't need any equipment, making it a great inclusion in your at home fitness program.
- Get into a pushup position with your hands placed on a Swiss ball.
- Lift one foot off the floor and raise your knee to bring it close to your chest. This is one rep.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Do 5 sets of 10-15 reps each.
What are the things that need to be kept in mind before starting a fitness program?
Here are some things that you need to keep in mind before you start your fitness program:
- Never start a fitness program without consulting an experienced fitness trainer to avoid serious injuries.
- Identify your goals so that your exercises are relevant to your goals.
- Never over-commit to any fitness program at the outset. Start slow and pace it up gradually to reap its benefits.
- Ensure that the spot that you choose for your at home fitness program is clean, spacious, and free of any sharp-edged furniture to avoid injuries.
- A kids fitness program should never involve intense training and should focus on free weights.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Hal Aasan | Frog Pose | Surya Ravi Mudra | Benefits Of Balayam Yoga | Benefits Of Vipassana | Benefits Of Scorpion Pose |Padmasana Pose | Benefits Of Uttanasana | Vajrasana Benefits | Shambhavi Mudra Steps | Benefits Of Ashwini Mudra | Types Of Pranayama | Benefits Of Yoni Mudra | Prithvi Mudra Benefits For Hair | Mudra For Digestion | Yoga Parvatasana | Bakasana Benefits | Khechari Mudra Powers | Padahastasana Meaning | Vakrasana Precautions | Mayurasana Step By Step | Dandasana Steps And Benefits | Child Pose | Makarasana Yoga Pose | Yoga Nidra For Anxiety | Yoga To Reduce Anger | Bhujangasana Benefits | Yoga Mudrasana Meaning
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Air Squat Form | Superman Workout | Sumo Dl | Benefit Of Side Plank | Benefits Of Skipping Rope For Height | Chiseled Muscles | How To Do Dragon Flags | Kickback Exercise | Box Jump Exercise Benefits | Lunges Benefits | Wipers Exercise | Exercises To Increase Creativity | Archer Push Ups Benefits
Top Search Terms For Fitness
Increase Blood Flow To Brain Yoga | Yoga Positions For Weight Loss | Kriya Yoga For Beginners | Dumbbell Workout For Weight Loss | Meditation Mantra In Hindi | Contradiction Of Gomukhasana | Apan Vayu Mudra Blood Pressure | Hrithik Roshan Workout | How To Do Prana Mudra | Anxiety Mudra