Wraps & rolls are time-saving foods that help us to easily grab on the go. Hunger can wait for none. Therefore, we all need something swift and delicious to consume when we go craving food. Wraps & Rolls are versatile meals that almost all cultures have created their versions by experimenting on them. Few examples of wraps & rolls are Stromboli, quesadilla, and frankie. Below we have covered almost all the lunchbox recipes and the mid-meal cravings too.The most vital ingredients to make wrap recipes and rolls recipes are paneers, lettuce, and various sauces to add flavour. With paneer, the different kinds of wraps & rolls and paneer roll recipes that one can make are paneer tikka roll, paneer frankie, paneer wrap, and paneer roll. All the wraps and rolls recipe have a standard method to prepare the wrap, and they are usually made with tortillas, leftover chapatis, or freshly prepared chapati to roll. The inside filling varies according to the type of wrap recipes and rolls recipes.Below are the wraps & rolls recipes discussed in detail for you to try at home:
Kung Pao Chicken Wrap
- First and foremost, prepare the kung pao sauce by sauteing the ginger, garlic, and red chilli in oil. Add soy sauce and vinegar with salt. Cut some boiled sweet potatoes in salt water and make it into a puree with water. Blend it well to form the kung pao sauce.
- Prepare the dough by mixing all-purpose flour, curd for this chicken wrap, salt, oil, and water. Knead it till it blends well and leaves it aside for some time. Make round shape flat rotis and cook it well on both sides.
- Heat oil in a pan and saut diced onions and pepper julienne. Then drop in some julienne chicken and cook for some time. Add the kung pao sauce, spring onions, and salt to the chicken.
- Take the round roti and spread it with mayonnaise.
- Place thin cucumber slices and shredded carrots with fresh cilantro leaves.
- Add the prepared chicken mixture in the centre and fold it from the sides.
- Then grate milk cheddar cheese on top.
- Fold it from the sides and grill them on a non-stick pan.
- Serve it with kung pao sauce.
Greek Chicken Wrap
- These wraps & rolls consist of garlic chicken. Prepare this chicken wrap by combining garlic, oregano, salt, lemon juice, and fresh pepper with olive oil. Add the chicken thighs to the above mixture and massage it well for some time. Then cook the chicken thighs in a skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes until it turns slightly brown. Let it cool, and then slice it well into small pieces.
- Allow the chicken to marinate for 30 minutes, and meanwhile, prepare a yoghurt sauce. This is done by combining Greek yoghurt with dried dill, lemon juice, and salt.
- Then slice grape tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onions.
- Prepare these wraps by smearing the inside of the wraps with hummus, and then add the sliced chicken, tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onions.
- Drizzle the yoghurt sauce and wrap it well.
- Serve these wraps & rolls with a sauce of your choice.
Tofu Schezwan Wrap
- Heat oil in a pan and saut onion, celery, carrot and garlic in oil.
- Drop-in diced tomatoes and keep cooking it until it turns mushy.
- Add oregano and paprika to the above mixture with little water.
- Please bring them to boil and then simmer it on low flame with regular stirring until it turns saucy. This might take an hour or so. Cool it and grind to make a smooth paste.
- Make the schezwan dip with the above sauce with chilli paste, veg oyster sauce, and saut them with ginger, minced garlic, celery, and onions.
- Prepare the tortillas with all-purpose flour as discussed in the other recipes.
- Prepare the tofu filling by sauteing chopped garlic, celery, onions, ginger, red, green, and yellow pepper. Add in chilli paste with crushed peppercorn and salt. Finally, drop in the top and garnish with chopped spring onions.
- Add the Tofu filling to the tortillas and fold the bottom to make a roll.
- Grill them and serve these wraps & rolls with the schezwan hot sauce.
Chicken Schezwan Wrap
- The schezwan dip is prepared as discussed in the above recipe.
- Prepare the chicken filling by sauteing minced ginger, celery, garlic, and onions, with julienne peppers, chilli paste, sichuan peppercorn powder, and salt.
- Add the chicken chunks into the above and toss well.
- Garnish with spring onions.
- Take the tortillas and fill them with the chicken mixture and make a neat roll. Grill them and serve these wraps & rolls with schezwan dip.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds to it. Once they crackle, add chopped onions and saut until it turns brown. Add ginger-garlic paste along with red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, tomato ketchup, coriander leaves, green chilli, and mix them well.
- Turn off the flame and add crumble paneer to the above along with salt.
- Place lettuce on the wrap and fill them with the prepared paneer. Grate cheese and wrap the roll. Serve the paneer roll with tomato and chilli chutney.
- And all the paneer roll recipes like paneer frankie and paneer wrap are all similar.
- Falafel roll and falafel wraps are the same and are done by first washing the beans and chickpeas and soaking them in cold water overnight.
- Then the water is drained, and the contents are rinsed well.
- It is blended well in a blender, and then a pinch of baking powder is added.
- Make patties out of the above and deep fry them in vegetable oil until they turn brown. Drain the excess oil and then place the falafel balls along with other veggies and wrap it up.
- Grill the falafel wraps and serve it hot.
Kathi Roll Veg
- This is done by steaming first all the veggies like peas, cauliflower, carrot, potato, and French beans.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, wait till they splutter. Then add diced onions with chaat masala, chilli powder, and lemon juice.
- Drop-in some ginger garlic paste with chopped tomatoes, capsicum, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and garam masala powder.
- Saut for 2 to 3 minutes and add the steamed veggies and mix them well.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and grated paneer.
- Fill the roll and serve the Kathi roll veg immediately.
- This is made by first spreading a seed butter or any favourite nut butter on the tortilla.
- Then peel and slice the bananas. Please place them in the centre of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle hemp hearts on to the bananas.
- Wrap it and serve it immediately.
- This can be refrigerated also and then consumed.
- In this wrap, the hummus is spread onto the tortilla.
- The fillings inside will be shredded purple cabbage, carrot, lettuce, and sliced tomatoes and bell peppers.
- Drizzle vinaigrette onto the fillings and wrap it neatly and serve.
- Chickpeas are soaked the previous night, and they are drained and blended into a smooth paste.
- Then hummus is spread onto the tortilla. On top of this, another layer of the chickpeas paste is applied.
- Spread baby lettuce on the tortilla, and then sliced cucumber, plum tomato, and avocado are placed on it.
- Olives are sprinkled, and one tablespoon of vinaigrette is sufficiently sprinkled.
- Then the wrap is rolled and served with a sauce of your choice.