The world of fitness is amazing. You can try a number of different types of exercise to get a fit body. If you are bored with one particular type, just change it with another one. Yoga, dance fitness, Pilates, and a number of other great workout formats are apt for people of all ages.
If you are beginning your journey of fitness and want to try different workout formats, we have jotted down a list of different workout formats for you. Give it a read and then get ready to lose some sweat:
- Walking Fitness: Only a few people know that the simple act of walking can lead you to a fit body. Of all the different types of exercise, walking is perhaps the easiest type.
- Yoga: This ancient art of wellness is now revived in the 21st century. Of all the different types of exercise, yoga works the best for peace of mind. From beginners to advanced, there are yoga asanas for people of every level of expertise.
- Dance Fitness: If walking or yoga is too slow for you, you might find Dance Fitness perfect for you. You can try different dance forms like Bhangra, Bollywood, Salsa, Zumba, Hip-Hop, and the list is endless.
- Equipment Training: Workout with equipment is another form of exercise that is quite engaging. Equipment like dumbbells, jumping rope, barbells, etc. can be easily available at home. If you want to strengthen a particular set of muscles in a short period of time, exercises with equipment work the best.
- HRX: Imagine the type of fitness that you would get if the Bollywood star and fitness geek Hritik Roshan starts teaching you exercises. Yes, Hritik Roshan teaches different types of exercise that he personally performs to get a fit body.
- Cardio exercises: This is one of the most famous forms of exercise amongst gym-goers. Cardio exercises are those exercises that increase your heart rate and thereby improve the functioning of your lungs, heart, and circulatory system. Some great cardio exercises that you can try at your home are running, cycling, and stair climbing.
- HIIT: If you want to go one step further than cardio, HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training) is the perfect type of exercise for you. Most workout formats improve your health without taking you out of your comfort zone, but HIIT is not one of them. In this type of workout, you push yourself to your limits, take a small interval of rest, and then repeat.
- Strength & Conditioning: The types of exercises that improve your performance, strength, and movement quality are called strength and conditioning exercises. These types of exercises were earlier available to only athletes. But when people found out their efficiency in improving their health, they adapted the exercises to non-athletes too.
- Surya Namaskar: Sun salutation or Surya namaskar is a series of 12 yoga poses that have a powerful and positive impact on your consciousness and body. It is considered to be one of the best cardiovascular workouts.
- Pilates: Different types of exercise focus on different parts of your body. And Pilates works best on your core muscles. If you want a better posture, balance, and flexibility, pull out your mat and start doing this series of movements.
The list of workout formats does not just end here. There are other types of workouts like boxing, relaxation yoga, etc. that are also very effective in giving you a fit body. All you need to do is try out these different types of exercise and stick to the ones that you like the most.