What is Yoga for Hair Fall?
Originating from the word ‘Yuj’, yoga means to harness or attach. Found almost 5000 years back, the principles of yoga rest on the philosophy of uniting with the supreme power through techniques such as breath control, meditation, and the adoption of body postures. This practice is done with the objective to integrate one’s mental, physical, and spiritual faculties to attain a higher level of consciousness and good health.
We are no strangers to the many physiological benefits of yoga like giving you a toned body and clear skin. But what about your precious hair?
We all know how a bad hair day spoils our mood. It is unfathomable when we have to deal with losing our mane. Yoga for hair fall is getting popular around the world due to its wondrous tangible benefits.
Hair fall has become quite common these days and is not limited to older adults anymore. Here are some reasons why more and more people are losing their hair:
- Genetic factors
- Deficiency of iron, protein, zinc, and vitamin D.
- Scalp issues like oiliness, dandruff, and dryness.
- Medical issues such as thyroid, hormonal imbalance, etc.
- Chronic stress and anxiety.
- Chemical and heat treatments on the hair.
- Tying the hair too tightly.
- Lack of hair care.
Besides these, according to Ayurveda, hair fall occurs due to an imbalance in the body’s Pitta energy that also causes the hair to prematurely age.
How does Yoga for Hair Fall Work?
Before we talk about how to do hair loss yoga, it is important to understand the genesis of yoga for hair fall and how it works.
There are two ways in which yoga exercises for hair growth work:
- Stress reduction: Experiencing chronic or extreme stress has a direct impact on your body’s immune system. This, besides making you susceptible to other health problems, also slows down your hair growth. Poses of yoga for hair growth help in reducing the levels of stress hormones in your body that in turn reduce inflammation. This leads to a reduction in hair fall.
- Improved circulation: Different poses of hair loss yoga help in improving the circulation of blood that reaches your scalp. When your hair follicles get more oxygen and nutrients through this blood supply, they get stronger and have a healthy hair growth life cycle.
What are the benefits of yoga for hair fall?
There are several benefits of asanas for hair fall control. These include:
- Yoga for hair fall emphasizes the root cause of your hair fall and offers a lifelong solution to this problem. It even treats hereditary problems and revitalizes your hair growth.
- Another way how yoga benefits hair is that it makes your hair lustrous and thicker.
- It prevents premature greying of hair and gives a natural sheen to your hair.
- An important yoga benefit hair is that it prevents breakage and makes your hair stronger.
- One of the best yoga for hair fall control benefits is that it helps treat hair problems like male pattern baldness and alopecia areata.
- Practising asanas for hair fall control don’t require any special equipment or studio space. You can do them practically anywhere anytime as home workouts.
Which are Some of the Most Effective Asanas for Hair Growth?
Here are some poses of yoga for hair growth that will help you get thicker and stronger hair with regular practice:
- Adho Mukha Savasana (Downward Facing Dog Pose): One of the most effective poses of yoga to reduce hair fall and promote hair growth, this helps in stimulating your scalp through increased blood flow.
- To begin this yoga exercise for hair fall control, stand on all fours and move your legs backwards to form an inverted ‘V’ shape.
- Keep your knees and arms straight and your abdominal muscles tight.
- Lower your head and place your gaze on your navel.
- Hold the pose for a few seconds.
- Come back to the starting position gently.
- Uttasana (Standing Forward Bend): One of the best poses of yoga to reduce hair fall, it helps in relaxing your muscles and improving the flow of blood to your scalp.
- Stand straight and place your legs close to each other.
- Lift your arms and take a deep breath as you bend forward.
- Keep your arms straight and touch the mat with your palms.
- Keep your head down and relax your neck
- Hold the pose for a few seconds.
- Come back gently to your standing position.
- Prasarita Padottanasana (Wide-Legged Standing Forward Bend): One of the best yoga for hair fall control poses, this helps in reducing your stress levels, which helps prevent hair loss.
- Spread your legs hip-width apart.
- Bend forward from your hips and place your hands on the floor.
- Keep your head down for a few seconds and return to the starting position.
What Should You Keep in Mind Before Doing Yoga for Hair Fall?
Here are some things to keep in mind before you start practising yoga for hair fall:
- Always learn the techniques of doing these asanas from an experienced trainer. Not maintaining the correct posture during your practise may result in injuries.
- For the best results, practise these asanas early morning.
- If you are a beginner, don’t give yourself unrealistic targets. Start slow and gradually build upon your practise.
- Be consistent with your practice. Taking long breaks may not yield the desired results.
Are there any side effects of yoga for hair fall?
Asanas of yoga for hair fall may have some side effects for:
- Pregnant women as they may lead to uterine contractions.
- People who suffer from hypertension or high blood pressure, as these exercises increase your blood circulation.
- Those who have undergone medical procedures such as angiography or appendicitis. Yoga for hair fall in this case may cause complications related to your blood pressure.
Though yoga exercises for hair fall control have proven to be very effective, remember it’s a holistic approach that will benefit you in the long run. Couple your yoga practice with a good diet, adequate sleep, and making efforts to lead a stress-free life.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Vakrasana | Uttanasana | Balasana | Padahastasana | Mandukasana | Bakasana | Parvatasana | Mayurasana | Kurmasana | Astavakrasana | Vrischikasana Benefits | Skandasana Benefits | Vayu Mudra | Yoni Mudra | Khechari Mudra | Ashwini Mudra | Surya Mudra | Balayam Yoga | Padmasana Benefits | Makarasana Benefits | Dandasana Benefits | Gomukhasana Benefits | Yoga Mudrasana | Vajrasana Benefits | Yoga Nidra Benefits | Prithvi Mudra Benefits | Prana Mudra Benefits | Gyan Mudra Benefits | Yoga for Thigh Fat | Archer Push Ups Benefits | Apana Vayu Mudra Benefits
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Side Plank | Kickback Exercise | How to Gain Muscle | Benefits of Butt Kicks | Benefits of Box Jumps | Yoga to increase Height | Push Pull Legs Workout | Skipping increases Height | Cat and Camel Exercise | Benefits of Superman Exercise | Hrithik Roshan Workout Routine
Top Search Terms Fitness
Mangoes causes Acne | How to do Kriya Yoga | Vipassana Meditation Benefits | Shambhavi Mahamudra steps | Yoga for Anger Management | Halasana steps for Beginners | Eka Pada Sirsasana Benefits | Types of Pranayama and Benefits | Home Remedies for Irregular Periods