What is a double chin?
Don’t we all dread these flaps, known as double chin, under our chin? A double chin can make even the most confident person shy away from looking at themselves in the mirror. After all, we can conceal most of our fat under the clothes but can't do much for an extra chin.
Before we talk about double chin exercises and how to use them to get a chiseled face, let us understand what double chin is and what causes it.
Having a double chin is a common condition. It signifies the condition when you see a layer of fat under your lower jaw. Also known as submental fat, a double chin occurs when an extra layer of fate develops beneath your chin.
It is a harmless condition that doesn’t signify an underlying illness or a faulty gene. It may point to you being overweight, but that’s also not always the cause of developing a double chin.
What causes a double chin?
Here are some of the most common causes of a double chin:
- Weight gain is one of the most common causes of a double chin. When you gain weight, the excess weight gets deposited under your chin.
- Aging is another reason why you may have a double chin. As you age, your body’s collagen production starts to decline. This makes the skin lose elasticity and it begins to sag. If you smoke, it might fasten the rate at which your skin sags.
- Maintaining a poor posture that involves bending your neck especially over a mobile phone leads to the weakening of your muscles between the chin and the neck. Constantly being in this posture leads to muscular weakness, which ultimately results in a double chin.
- If you have a family history of double chins, chances are that you may develop one too.
- If your facial structure involves a weak jawline and a receding chin, you run the chance of getting a double chin.
How can you get rid of a double chin?
Regardless of the cause, no one wants to sport a double chin. However, there is no single treatment for double chin. Here are some of the most common ones:
- Making lifestyle changes such as getting regular exercise and eating a well-balanced diet. This helps create a calorie deficit and hence helps you lose weight, especially from the facial area.
- Taking regular massages to prevent and reverse sagging chin.
- Quitting alcohol and reducing your alcohol dependence.
- When you want dramatic results and none of these interventions work, you may be advised surgical treatments. These options include procedures such as lipolysis and mesotherapy.
What are the benefits of double chin exercises?
Here are some benefits of face exercises for double chin:
- Double chin exercises strengthen your face muscles and prevent premature sagging.
- They help boost blood circulation to your facial area. This circulation-related nourishment makes your skin healthier and more youthful.
- Exercises for double chin reduction help in giving your face a sleeker appearance. When you know that your face looks good, it enhances your confidence and makes you feel happier.
Which are some of the best double chin exercises?
Besides the above-mentioned treatments, which may be either time consuming or may involve going under the knife, which you may not want, there is another very effective treatment that you can explore. These are double chin removal exercises.
As the name suggests, double chin exercises are those that target your lower chin area. Double chin removal exercises aim to reduce the appearance of this layer of fat and help you get rid of it.
Wondering which are the best double chin exercises that you can include in your home workout routine?
Here is a round-up of some of the most effective exercises to get rid of double chin:
- Neck stretch is one of the best exercises for double chin reduction. To do this:
- Sit in a comfortable position and tilt your head back and look at the ceiling.
- Press your tongue against the top of your mouth.
- Hold the pose for 5-8 seconds and return to the starting position.
- Ball press exercise: This is one of the best exercises to get rid of double chin. To do this:
- Place a tennis ball under your chin.
- Press your chin against the ball.
- Repeat 25-30 times every day.
- Straight jaw jut: This face exercise for double chin is simple and very effective. To do this:
- Tilt your head back and gaze towards the ceiling.
- Push your lower jaw forward until you feel a stretch under your chin.
- Hold this pose for a count of 10-15.
- Return to the starting position gently.
- Fish face: This is a great exercise for double chin reduction that’s fun to do too
- Suck in your cheeks and squeeze your lips as much as you can.
- Hold the pose for 25-30 seconds.
- Return to the starting position
- Tongue exercise: One of the best 30 day double chin workouts, this is done by:
- Look straight ahead and roll your tongue.
- Stretch your tongue as ahead as you can.
- Now extend your tongue towards your nose.
- Hold this pose for 15-20 seconds.
- Facelift exercise: One of the most effective double chin exercises, this is simple to do also:
- Open your mouth and flare up your nostrils.
- Open up your upper lip and stay in that pose for 10 seconds.
- While keeping your mouth open, place your index finger on your cheekbones.
- Curl up your upper lip while applying tolerable pressure on your cheeks with your fingers.
- Hold for 10-15 seconds.
- Blowing air: This is a superb 30 day double chin workout that gives very effective results.
- Sit in a comfortable position and look towards the sky.
- Blow air out of your mouth while holding your lips together.
- Do this continuously for 15-20 seconds.
- Relax and return to the starting position.
Whichever double chin exercises you choose, just remember that reducing your double chin requires time. You can make these exercises more effective by coupling them with exercises to reduce cheeks and making healthy lifestyle changes.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Shambhavi Mahamudra | How To Do Ashwini Mudra | Yoni Mudra Side Effects | Prithvi Mudra For Hair Growth | Vayu Mudra For Gas | Bhujangasana | Khechari Mudra Steps | Best Brain Exercises | Side Plank | Prana Vayu Mudra | Mudra For Anxiety | Mayurasana Steps | Balasana Steps | Makarasana Steps | Uttanasana Procedure | Vajrasana Strengthens | Yoga Mudrasana | Balayam Yoga Side Effects | Scorpion Position | Padmasana Steps | Yoga For Blood Circulation In Legs | Yin Yoga | Kriya Yoga Poses | Mantra Meditation Benefits
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Chiseled Body Workout | Hrithik Roshan Body Building Exercise | Benefits Of Superman Exercise | Sumo Deadlifts | Air Squat Exercise | Windshield Wiper Exercise | Glute Kickback Exercise | Box Jumps Benefits | Barbell Walking Lunges | Will Skipping Increase Height | Dragon Flag Abs | Types Of Pranayama With Pictures | Dumbbell Exercises For Beginners | Benefits Of Archer Push Ups
Search Terms For Fitness
Benefits Of Parvatasana | Bakasana Information In English | How Does Yoga Nidra Help Decrease Stress And Anxiety | Benefits Of Padahastasana | Vakrasana Benefits And Precautions | Mandukasana Benefits And Precautions | Benefits Of Gomukhasana | Dandasana Benefits | Yoga To Reduce Stress And Anger | Apan Vayu Mudra For Anxiety | Halasana Benefits | Benefits Of Vipassana Meditation