Bored of doing the same overhead extensions when it’s the arm-workout day? It’s time to bring some excitement and freshness to your workout with a tricep workout.
When most people start their arm workouts, they often focus only on biceps, and triceps get ignored. This way they end up with tricky underarm muscles that may give a hard time while performing advanced exercises such as diamond push-ups. To save you from that, we have brought some of the best tricep exercises.
And the best part about them is that you don’t need fancy gym equipment to do them! Yes, you read it right. The below-discussed exercises are known to create a wholesome triceps workout at home. You can even mix and match your favourites and create your own triceps workout at home without equipment. Now, wait no more and start reading!
Top 5 Exercises For Triceps Workout At Home
- Bench Dips
Bench dips are the answer to those who wish to have stronger and sculpted arms. The exercise mainly targets the triceps but it also hits your chest and anterior deltoids. To perform this triceps workout at home, you only need a bench or even a box. And that can be a bench at home or just go to a park and try it at the public benches. This ease is what makes it one of the best tricep exercises at home.
How to do it?
- Sit on a bench with your knees bent and feet flat. Your back should be straight and hands placed next to your thighs.
- Now, place your feet outwards and extend your legs. You can also bend your feet a bit if this position gets challenging.
- Slowly, lift your bottom off the bench while holding the body with your extended arms.
- Bend your elbows and lower your body as far as you can go and then push yourself back.
- This is one rep. You can do 3 sets of 10–12 reps.
- Push Ups
What can be a better example of triceps workout at home without equipment than push-ups? This popular workout begins with a prone position to focus on your pectoral muscles, triceps, and anterior deltoids.
How to do it?
- Begin by lowering your body in a high plank position with your palms flat on the floor. The hands are shoulder-width apart and shoulders should be directly above your wrists. As for the lower body, your legs should be placed together or be shoulder-width. Make sure you engage your glutes and core muscles.
- Now, inhale and bend your elbows to lower your body to the floor. You can also drop to your knees if needed.
- Squeeze your triceps and shoulder muscles as you lower down. Then, push your chest upwards to return to the initial position.
- That’s one rep. You can do 20 reps if you are just starting your triceps workout at home.
If this seems simple to you, you can also try its diamond push-up variation to plan the best at home tricep workouts.
- Plank Up-Down
If you like push ups, then you would probably love to try plank up-down. You can do these tricep exercises at home without needing an advanced fitness level or any other special equipment. That’s why many people also consider it best at home tricep workouts. Let’s see how you can perform it.
How to do it?
- As the name suggests, you have to start this exercise by lowering your body in a high plank position.
- When you have followed the right form of the high plank (refer to Push ups), lower your right arm so that your forearm is on the floor. Repeat this with your left arm.
- Now, you will be in a forearm plank position.
- Without stopping, extend your right hand again so that your palms are back on the floor. Repeat it with your left arm. Now, you will end up in a high plank.
- This is one rep. You can aim for 2 sets of 20 reps if you are performing tricep exercises at home as a beginner.
- Dumbbell Overhead Triceps Extension
So far, we discussed only those exercises that needed no equipment. Now, let’s move to a triceps workout at home where you can use basic equipment like dumbbells. These will help in increasing the challenge and make you feel as if you are performing a tricep workout at gym. Let’s start!
How to do it?
- Stand straight and keep your feet about hip-width apart.
- Grab a dumbbell in each hand behind your neck. The elbows should be bent and point toward the ceiling.
- Before moving the arms, press the weights together so they are touching. Also, your elbows should be as your head as you can throughout the exercise. This is the starting position.
- Now straighten your elbows and extend the weights directly overhead without moving your upper arms. Engage your core muscles while doing this and do not shrug your shoulders.
- Hold for a second, and then slowly bring the weights back down behind your head.
- This is one rep. You can aim for 4 sets of 8-12 reps.
- Bent-Over Dumbbell Triceps Kickback
The list of the best tricep exercises at home is incomplete if you do not add triceps kickbacks. This simple workout focuses mainly on the triceps and is an excellent triceps finisher when you ate performing triceps workout at home. That’s why we have added it at the end. To do this exercise, you need two dumbbells with your desired weights. If you are a beginner, we would suggest you not push too much and rather use light weights.
How to do it?
- Secure the desired weights on the dumbbells and hold them in each hand with palms facing each other.
- Now, bend your knees forward and hinge forward at the hips. Engage your core muscles and keep your back straight.
- Tighten your elbows and bend them until your forearms are parallel to the ground.
- Slowly, kick the weights back by completely straightening your arm and then pull back the weights to reach the starting position.
- This is one rep. You can aim for 3-5 sets of 12-15 reps for the best results.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
konasana | jnanayoga | siddhasana posture | anulom vilom | acute trapezitis | salabhasana benefits | yoganidrasana video | hatha yoga poses | virasana hero pose | peace and meditation | revolving triangle pose | yoga benefits spiritual | yoga to reduce buttocks | benefits of locust pose | definition of naukasana | meaning of dhanurasana | baddha padmasana steps |mudra for breathing problem | best yoga for flat tummy | intense side stretch pose | supta vajrasana yoga pose | uttanpadasana yoga pose |garudasana is also known as |
Top Search Terms For Exercises
dumbbell pullover chest | genu valgum exercise | freehand exercises | hand fat reduce | hops exercise | Sumo Squat Form | side lunges benefits | types of split | boat exercise benefits | leg curl exercise | cable fly for lower chest | back exercises with dumbbell | chest exercises for men at gym | cardio to burn belly fat |
Top Search Terms Fitness
good food for beard growth | foods to lose weight | develop a reading habit | how to grow beard faster naturally | ardha chakrasana steps and benefits | scientific facts about meditation | how to do chakrasana easily | trikonasana information and benefits | raja yoga is the yoga of controlling our | chest and back workout at home | upper middle and lower chest workout | benefits of doing bicycle crunches | standing exercise to reduce belly fat | jumping jacks exercise benefits |