What is Sprouted Bread French Toast?
Sprouted bread, also known as Ezekiel bread or sprouted whole grain bread is made with sprouted grains instead of wheat flour. Though using sprouted grains and using them to make bread may seem like a new technique, but thats not so. This bread has been around for thousands of years and the sprouted grain bread recipe even finds a mention in the Bible.
Sprouted bread can be made with a variety of sprouted grains, seeds, and lentils. The most commonly used ingredients include oats, barley, millet, rye, soy, and spelt.
While you would have tried a range of delicious foods made from different types of bread such as veg cutlet, cornbread, breakfast bread omelet, bread cutlet, bread upma, and whole wheat garlic bread, sprouted bread French toast is an incredibly tasty variation.
Ezekiel bread French toast is loved for its buttery and smooth taste and crispy texture.
What is the Nutritive Value of Sprouted Bread French Toast?
Since sprouted bread is made with a variety of grains and their nutrients and micronutrients, it is considered to be amongst the healthiest foods in the world. And French toast made with this bread is also highly nutritious.
Here is how Ezekiel bread nutrition looks like:
- Vitamins A, B6, B12, C, D, and E
Ezekiel bread nutrition also has high amounts of fiber and sodium. It is low in saturated fats and sugar.
What are the health benefits of Sprouted Bread French Toast?
French toast made with sprouted whole grain bread has amazing health benefits for your mind and body. Here are some great reasons to include more of this dish in your diet:
- Sprouted bread French toast contains a great amount of high-quality protein that contains all the 9 amino acids, making it a complete source of vegetable protein. This helps in boosting your metabolism, which in turn lets you burn calories. Thats not all. All this protein also keeps you fuller for longer that prevents the need to binge eat.
- Since sprouted bread toast is made with sprouted grains, it has a lower carbohydrate content. This makes this toast great for people trying to lose weight or those who are diabetic.
- Sprouted bread has a low glycemic index, which doesnt raise your blood sugar levels as much as toasts made from other varieties of bread.
- Since sprouted bread toast is made with sprouted grains, it is low in anti-nutrients. This helps in making the toast easier to digest and promotes the absorption of nutrients.
- Ezekiel bread nutrition contains a low level of gluten. This makes this toast better for people who are suffering from gluten intolerance or Celiac disease.
- Ezekiel French toast is low in sodium, which in turn helps reduce your cholesterol levels and blood pressure. This reduces your risk of heart problems, kidney issues, and cognitive issues and helps you lose weight also.
- Sprouted bread is a great source of calcium and helps maintain strong bones for a longer time. This also prevents the risk of arthritis, osteoporosis, injuries, fractures, and falls.
- Ezekiel French toast contains high levels of antioxidants and health-benefiting phytochemicals. This helps promote cognitive health and enhance your immunity. Antioxidants prevent the risk of heart diseases and certain types of cancers.
- This bread is vegan-friendly as it doesnt contain any butter, milk, or eggs.
Which are some of the best recipes for Sprouted Bread French Toast?
Thinking of how to make sprouts a part of your French toast recipe? Sprouted bread toast is not just a super tasty recipe, but it is also pretty easy to make. Here are some of the best recipes that you can try at home:
1. Sprouted bread toast with caramelized bananas:
Though this dish sounds decadent, it is super healthy for you. Heres how you can enjoy this power breakfast:
- In a bowl, mix milk, eggs, vanilla, and brown sugar. Whisk well.
- To make caramelized bananas, cut them into slices and cook them in oil on a skillet. Once the bananas start melting, add honey. Let both the ingredients mix together.
- Add in cinnamon powder and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Dip one slice of Ezekiel bread into the egg mixture. Let it soak for 10-15 seconds.
- On a skillet, heat a little butter and fry the bread slice for 2-3 minutes until it turns golden brown.
- Top each slice with caramelized bananas and serve hot.
2. Sprouted grain bread toast with apple and cinnamon:
This recipe is quick to make, super delicious, and high on nutrients. Here is how you can make this:
- Whisk an egg with a little water.
- Soak both sides of Ezekiel bread in this mixture.
- Transfer this to a greased pan and cook on both sides till it turns crispy and golden brown.
- Top with chopped apples and cinnamon powder along with maple syrup.
3. Sprouted bread French toast with pumpkin spice:
Nothing spells cozy winter days more than this sprouted whole grain bread French toast. Follow these steps to make this deliciously comforting dish:
- In a shallow bowl, mix pumpkin puree, almond milk, organic cornstarch, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract.
- Dip a slice of Ezekiel bread and let it soak the mixture.
- Fry it on a greased pan on both sides till the slice is light brown and crispy.
- Serve topped with pumpkin spice and maple syrup.
4. Sprouted bread French toast with chocolate:
This tasty sprouted bread French toast makes for an indulgent and filling breakfast. Follow these steps to make this high-protein dish:
- In a bowl whisk chocolate powder, unsweetened cocoa powder, egg white, almond milk, and vanilla extract.
- Place a slice of sprouted whole grain bread and soak for 1-2 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan and add a little butter to it.
- Add the bread slices and cook on both sides for 2-3 minutes till it turns brown and crispy.
- Sprinkle cocoa powder on top and serve hot.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Mandukasa | Gomukh Asana | Uttan Padasana | Balasana Meaning | Mayurasana Pose | Hero Pose Asana | Pran Vayu Mudra | Supta Vajrasana Yoga | Benefits of Locust Pose | Parvatasana Meaning | Mudra for Gas Relief | Kechari Mudra Yoga | What Is Surya Mudra | Bakasana Pose Benefits | Yoni Mudra Meaning | Procedure of Naukasana | Chaturanga Dandasana Pose | Uttanasana for Beginners | Apan Mudra for Digestion | Vakrasana Steps and Benefits | Gyan Mudra Steps and Benefits | Prithvi Mudra for Weight Loss | Vajrasana Steps Benefits and Precautions
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Dips Types | Dragonflag | Pull Over Gym | High Cable Fly | Seated Row Form | Brain Exercise | Leg Curl Workout | Exercise Free Hand | Benefit of Side Plank | Barbell Sumo Deadlift | What Are Air Squats | Cable Glute Kickbacks | Bent Over Row Workout | How to Do Barbell Curls | High Knees for Weight Loss | Jumping Jacks Weight Loss | Crunches Exercise for Beginners
Top Search Terms Fitness
Trapezitis Diagnosis | Why Does Mango Cause Acne | Cinnamon for Irregular Periods | Padahastasana Steps and Benefits | How to Perform Ashwini Mudra | How to Do Skipping for Height | Types of Pranayama and Their Benefits | How to Perform Shambhavi Mahamudra | How to Do Shirshasana for Beginners | Cat and Camel Exercise During Pregnancy