Looking for a healthy and light breakfast that fulfils both your diet plans and your taste buds craving? Poha recipe is here for your rescue. This staple breakfast recipe is loved by everyone and can be made in a few minutes. And when it comes to the list of benefits, poha recipe will make sure you get plenty of them. You can also made poha healthy by adding extra ingredients such as peanuts and vegetables. So, learn how to make poha and switch to poha breakfast recipes right away. To help you in the task, we will teach you how to make poha. But before that, it is time to look at the best healthy benefits you get by choosing poha recipe for the morning:
- Low on Calories
If you want a breakfast that is yummy yet low on calories, poha recipe is the best option. A bowl of cooked poha contains something around 250 calories and that too when you fill it with lots of vegetables. This means, there is enough vitamins, minerals and antioxidants along with low calories. Nutritionists also suggest poha recipe for weight loss due to low calories. To reduce more calories, skip poha ingredients like the peanuts and use olive oil for the poha recipe.
- Healthy Carbohydrates
Poha is also known as a superfood as it is an excellent source of healthy carbohydrates. There is 76.9 per cent of carbohydrates and around 23 per cent of fats in poha. Thus, you can guess that it give you all the energy you need without the need to store extra fat in your body.
- Regulates Blood and Sugar Levels
In case you are a diabetic patient, you must add the best poha recipe to your diet chart. Since it is high in fibre, poha promotes a slow and steady release of sugar into the bloodstream. This, in turn, helps in regulating the blood and sugar levels in the system.
- Easily Digestible
As we mentioned earlier, poha recipe is light on your digestive system. It is also rich in fiber and that makes it easily digestible. So, you can eat it for breakfast, lunch, or even evening snack without worrying about bloating or other gastric issues. So learn how to cook poha and enjoy a healthy meal anytime you want. To make poha healthy and easily digestive, you can also try thin poha recipe.
Recipes To Try
Contrary to what most people things, there are various types of poha recipes you can make at home. Below we have jotted down these poha breakfast recipes to help you learn how to make poha in various styles. So get your notebook and jot your poha recipe down!
- Poha Cutlet:
- This is one of the tastiest poha snacks recipe you can make in the evening. For this, take poha in a cup and rinse it once or twice. After 3-4 minutes, drain the water from poha using a strainer. Now to make the cutlet mixture, boil potatoes, peel them and mash when not warn. Add chopped carrots, blanched and chopped French beans, chopped onions, coriander leaves and ginger-garlic paste. Add poha in this. It is time to add dry spices in this poha recipe. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala powder, dry mango powder, white sesame seeds, sugar and salt as per taste. Mix it all well. Now, shape into the dough into small cutlets. Heat oil in a tawa or griddle. Carefully place the poha cutlet on the tawa and fry it. When the one side turns slightly golden and crispy, turn and fry from the second side. Do this for a couple of times until the tops become golden. To check, you can see that the onions have also turned brown and this means the cutlet has been fried properly. Place the fried cutlet on kitchen paper towels. Serve this poha recipe with coriander chutney or tomato ketchup.
- Kanda Poha:
- If you are searching for poha recipe easy on the internet and don't know how to make poha at home, kanda poha can be your best friend. To make this simple poha recipe, you need to first soak poha and add sugar and salt in it. Mix gently and keep poha aside. In a large kadhai, heat oil and roast peanuts. Once roasted, keep the peanuts aside and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing and a few curry leaves in the same oil. Saut and later add chopped onion. Fry the onions till they turn golden. Add turmeric and 1 minute later add the poha. Mix all the poha ingredients properly. Now, cover the kadai and let it cook for 5 minutes. Finally add coconut, coriander and lemon juice. Mix and serve the poha recipe. You can also top it with some sev to make this poha recipe more delicious.
- Red Rice Poha & Jaggery-Sweetened Sheera:
- Unlike other poha or flattened rice recipes, this poha recipe is a bit different. Begin by soaking red rice poha in water. Simultaneously, soak jaggery in warm water. In a heavy vessel, add vegetables such as beans, potatoes, carrots with turmeric power, salt and water. Bring the mixture to a boil and keep it aside. In a pan, roast peanutes and de-skin them. In another pan, heat oil and saut cumin seeds and coriander seeds. Add green chilli and chopper ginger as well. Now, in a mixing bowl, add curd and pour the cracked spices along with cumin powder and salt. Combine the ingredients well and transfer to a serving bowl. Heat a pan and add oil. Add sooji and saut it till you get a roasted aroma. Now, add water, green cardamon, fennel powder and grated water and cook for a while. Transfer this mixture to a bowl. Toss in almond, cashew nut and raisins. Serve this warm. In another pan, heat oil. Once it is hot, add mustard seeds and curry leaves. Let them crackle. After a while, add onion and saut them until golden brown. Add dry spices like turmeric powder, cumin powder and red chilli powder. It is time to add blanched vegetables and saut. Now, add tomatoes and saut. Also add raisins and mix well. Finally soaked poha, roasted peanut, soaked jaggery and cover the pan with a lid. Slow the flame and add grated Coconut, fresh Coriander, and Lemon Juice. Toss well. Serve the red rice poha with sheera and dahi ki chutney.
- Poha Pakoda
- If you want a poha recipe that goes well with an evening tea, you can try poha pakoda. These golden and puffy pakodas can be such a tasty treat to enjoy in rainy evening. To make this, boil some potatoes. Peel and mash them properly. Now, add boiled green peas, yoghurt, ginger-garlic paste, soaked poha and mix well. Then, add dry spices such as garam masala powder, turmeric powder, salt, red 1 tsp chilli powder and coriander powder. Mix all the ingredients properly and make small pakoda shapes. Take a kadhai and heat oil in it. Once the oil is hot, deep fry the pakodas from both side. Fry till they turn golden. Serve poha pakodas with ketchup or chutney and tea.
Other than these healthy recipes, you can also try the following poha recipes:
- Poha Dhokla
- Poha Laddoos
- Poha Dosa
- Poha Phirni
- Poha Khichu
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Kriya Yoga Steps | yin yoga poses | Benefits of Frog Pose | Benefits of Shambhavi Mahamudra | Balayam Results in How Many Days | What Are the Benefits of Padmasana | Benefits of Hastapadasana | Vajrasana Uses | Mudra for Mind Control | Mudra for Self Confidence | Khechari Mudra Secret | Gyan Mudra Yoga | Anger Poses | Mudra for Gas Relief | Vakrasana Yoga Benefits | Benefits of Cow Face Pose | Dand Asan
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Do Skipping Increase Height | Air Swuats | Cobra Pose Exercise | Mind Exercises | Walking Lunges With Dumbbells | Hand Dumbbell Exercises | Standing Forward Bend Benefits | Benefits of Side Plank Exercise | Cable Glute Kickbacks | Hritik Roshan Bodybuilding | Superman Plank Benefits | Is Sumo Deadlift Good for Legs | How to Get Chiseled | Bruce Lee Dragon Workout | Box Jumps for Beginners | Archer Push up Alternative
Search Terms For Fitness
How to Do Ashwini Mudra for Piles | Yoni Mudra in Yoga | Hand Yoga for Weight Loss | How to Do Peacock Pose | Different Pranayama and Their Benefits | Balasana in English | Yoga Nidra Sleep 10 Minutes | Who Should Not Do Halasana | Vipassana Meditation Stages | Pose Scorpion Yoga | Floor Wipers Abs | Yoga for Blood Circulation in Whole Body | Meditation Mantra Examples | Parvatasana Procedure Benefits and Contraindications | Baby Crow Pose Benefits | Bring Out the Benefits of Maharasana | Psychic Union Posture