Obliques are located close to the abdominal walls. They help the body with twisting and bending movements. By working on them, you can cinch and sculpt your waist. Plus, by doing so, you can also tighten the midsection and tone the abdominal wall.
For this purpose, you can include some waist exercises in your daily workout regime. Whether you are a beginner or a pro, you can get a flat belly and a slim waist only by doing the best exercises for the waist. Just perform the best exercise to reduce waist size on a regular basis and you can enjoy a great figure.
If you have been looking for the best exercise for waist reduction for a long time, you have come to the right place. This article will help you find the best waist reduction exercises for yourself. Let’s start.
Effective Waist Exercises for Strong Obliques
Many waist exercises, especially the ones that primarily focus on the core, also work on the obliques and are often included in the list of exercises for smaller waist. If you also want a slim waist and strong obliques, you will benefit by adding the following waist reduction exercises to your daily workout routine.
1. Russian Twists
Most people associate Russian twists with a twisting motion. This feature makes it distinct from other waist exercises. If you have been looking for an effective waist exercise at home to reduce waist fat, you can include Russian Twists in your daily workout routine.
How to do it?
- Keep both your hands on the floor and adjust the body in the plank position.
- Pay attention to the heels and the back. The heels must remain fixed on the ground, and the back must be at a 45-degree angle with respect to the ground.
- Now, move your head and left thigh towards the torso. Also, do the same while moving your right thigh towards the torso.
- Make certain that the head and thighs move at the same time towards each other. Doing it the right way will give you a clear advantage when you do the best exercise to reduce waist size.
Speaking of waist exercises for men, there is an overwhelming number of options. But most men prefer a waist workout at home instead of heading to a gym. Spiderman is one of the best waist exercises for men that can be done at home. It engages the core as well as the obliques and can also be touted as one of the best waist exercises for beginners.
As it involves both shoulders and arms, this tiny waist workout is also beneficial for the upper body. For the most part, this home workout requires you to hold the plank position for a long time.
How to do it?
- Place both your hands on the floor and transfer your body weight on them. Now adjust your body in a plank position.
- Keep your head straight and extend your left knee to your left elbow.
- With the help of the upper body, move your left thigh towards the right elbow.
- Proceed with these steps for a while and keep changing sides.
- Practice this waist fat loss exercise at least 15-20 times.
3. Side Kicks
Sidekicks target the buttocks, but they are also one of the best waist thinning exercises for both men and women. All you need to do this small waist workout is a stable wall. As such, you can do this waist exercise at home. Its steps are so easy that you can also consider it to be one of the effective waist exercises for beginners.
How to do it?
- Stand at a comfortable distance from a wall from which you can shift your body weight on the palms and bend your torso in the forward direction with ease. Also, bend your elbow.
- With both your hands on the wall, lift the right leg. Make certain that the right leg and the floor are parallel to each other.
- Move the right knee inwards towards the right elbow.
- Kick the leg forward in a way that is parallel to the floor.
- Repeat this step at least 8 to 15 times and then change sides to get the most out of this exercise for waist fat.
4. Power Hooks
Power hooks make for the perfect exercise to reduce waist fat at home for many reasons. First, it is quite simple and hence features on the list of easy workouts for beginners. Then, it is a highly effective small waist workout as it targets the waist as well as the upper body. If you want, you can do this waist workout at home too. Before you get started with this simple but effective waist workout, be ready with the necessary equipment: a shadow box without weights, dumbbells, and a heavy bag to perform.
Don’t worry about different pieces of equipment for this exercise for waist fat, though. It is the best exercise for waist reduction that you can do with ease by performing the steps given below.
How to do it?
- Before proceeding with the steps to do this waist loss exercise, identify your dominant leg. It is the one that is more powerful than the other leg.
- Position the body in a fighting stance with the less-dominant leg at the front and the dominant one behind it.
- Hold dumbbells in both hands and raise them to position them in front of your face. Now, raise your front elbow at the same level as that of the chest.
- Draw one of the hands out in a way that it makes a 90-degree angle without changing the position of the other hand.
- Throw a front hook across the body by engaging both your hips and waist. Keep adjusting the body weight on the ball of both feet alternatively as you throw a front hook at a 90-degree angle with the dumbbell in your hand.
- Keep alternating arms as fast as you can and repeat this activity all over again to benefit from this tiny waist workout.
Precautions To Keep In Mind While Doing Exercises For Smaller Waist
The necessary precautions for waist exercises will depend on the type of workout you choose. Regardless of the choice of an option, you will need to invest in quality clothes that can provide comfort during waist exercises.
In most cases, waist slimming exercises produce effective results with lesser body fat. If you are at the initial stage of your weight loss program, consider doing some cardio daily before including a waist fat loss exercise in your workout routine.
Even after doing these things, you might still find it challenging to decide what is right or wrong for you without a good understanding of each waist workout. To overcome this challenge, we recommend that you consult an expert for guidance regarding waist slimming exercises.
Include waist thinning exercises from the above-mentioned options and we are sure you will notice the difference in a few weeks. But before deciding on a waist loss exercise, ask yourself if you are comfortable with it. If you need help or assistance in choosing the right exercise to reduce belly fat, don’t hesitate to consult an expert for professional advice. They won’t just help in choosing the best exercises for the waist but also help in creating a diet plan for you.