Why do you lose hair?
Thick and shiny hair can be a real confidence booster. A healthy mane makes you look and feel great and happy about yourself. But there are times when your hair doesn’t make you feel as confident.
This especially happens when your hair starts thinning looking less voluminous. Losing between 50-100 hairs every day is a normal process. This is how your hair growth is balanced. When this balance gets disturbed i.e. when the number of hair falling every day is much higher than the number of hair growing, hair loss happens. Hair loss, medically known as anagen effluvium, is different from the temporary condition of hair shedding.
Here is how to know if you are losing hair:
- Palpable thinning of hair on the scalp.
- Receding hairline.
- Bald patches on the head.
- Patches of broken hair.
- Excessive hair shedding.
A reduction in the volume of your hair or hair loss is usually a combination of different factors. These include:
- Having a family history of hair fall.
- Medical conditions such as alopecia areata, thyroid, and some immunity disorders.
- Hormonal changes.
- Chronic stress and anxiety.
- Nutritional deficiencies especially that of vitamins and proteins.
- Incorrect hairstyles that pull on your roots.
- Crash diets.
- Excessive or poor-quality hair treatments.
- Chemotherapy and radiation treatments.
- Exposure to toxins through poor quality water.
How can you stop hair loss?
You can reverse and slow down hair loss using these tips:
- Use hair products that are mild and suited to your hair type.
- Avoid getting harsh chemical-based treatments done.
- Keep your scalp and hair clean.
- Consume a nutritious diet that’s rich in proteins, selenium, vitamins A, B, C, D & E, zinc, iron, etc.
- Medications in case you have been diagnosed with alopecia.
- Reduce your stress levels.
- Have healthy sleep patterns.
- Avoid smoking.
Besides all these, one of the best and the most-effective ways to make your hair voluminous is doing exercise for hair growth.
What are the benefits of exercises for hair growth?
There are several exercises to increase hair growth that are especially targeted towards enhancing your hair’s volume. These exercises to grow hair faster work in more ways than one in preventing and turning around hair loss.
Here are some of the most important benefits of exercises to increase hair growth:
- Scalp exercises for hair growth help in improving blood circulation to your scalp. This enhanced circulation helps in increasing the flow of blood and nutrients that reach your scalp, which revitalizes the scalp and hair follicles promoting hair growth.
- It’s a known fact that excessive stress levels lead to hair fall. Exercise for hair growth and thickness helps in reducing your stress levels by controlling the production of cortisol (stress hormone) and increasing the production of endorphins. This supports hair growth in the long run.
- One of the best exercises for hair growth benefits is that it regulates your hormones, especially that of DHT, which is a major cause of hair loss. When your DHT levels get regulated, your hair loss stops automatically.
- A routine of exercise for hair growth promotes relaxation and better sleep patterns. Optimum resting time benefits hair growth.
- When you do exercise to increase hair growth, it helps release natural oils on your scalp, which is beneficial for enhanced hair growth.
- One of the most important advantages of exercise for hair growth and thickness is that they do not require investment in expensive equipment or studio space. They can be done practically everywhere, either in your office or as home workouts.
Which are some of the best exercises for hair growth?
Wondering which are the best exercises for hair growth? Here’s a roundup of some of the simplest and yet the most-effective exercises for hair growth:
- Skipping rope: This is a great cardio workout that also doubles up as an effective exercise to grow hair faster. It cranks up your circulation that helps enhance your hair’s growth and volume.
- Neck exercises: For hair regrowth hair growth exercises neck exercises is an effective option. Stretching your neck helps in releasing the tension around the neck area and in calming your stressed muscles, which promotes hair growth. This is how you can do these neck exercises for hair growth:
- Stand straight with your arms by your side.
- Gently bend your head forward and bring it back.
- Extend your neck only as much as you can.
- Another variation of this neck hair regrowth hair growth exercise is to extend your head sideways on both sides.
- Downward Facing Dog Pose: This is an excellent pose of yoga for hair growth that increases the blood flow to your scalp. Not just this, it also helps calm and rejuvenate your mind, lowering your stress levels.
- To start this exercise for hair growth and thickness, stand straight with your feet hip-width apart.
- Reach for the floor with your hands while walking a couple of steps backward.
- Put your head down with your ears touching your arms.
- Hole the pose for 25-30 seconds.
- Alternate nose breathing: One of the best exercises for hair growth, this helps in controlling stress-related hair loss. It helps you calm down and reduces your stress and anxiety.
- Sit comfortably in a sturdy chair.
- Now place your index and middle finger between your eyebrows.
- Close your right nostril with your thumb and take a deep breath with the left nostril.
- Hold your breath, close your left nostril with your ring finger, and exhale from the right nostril.
- Repeat on both sides for 5-6 minutes.
5. Nail Rubbing exercise: This is an acupressure-based exercise that stimulates your hair follicles and promotes hair growth. This involves vigorously rubbing all your fingernails together except the thumbs for at least 10-15 minutes every day.
There is nothing like doing exercise for hair growth. This not just helps you get a great crop of hair but has several other health benefits too. Whether you are doing scalp exercise for hair growth or breathwork, remember to learn their techniques properly to avoid injuries and fatigue.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
meditation fun facts | ardh chandrasana | ardha siddhasana pose | jnana yoga | what is shanmukhi mudra | benefits of yoga spiritually | yoga poses for flat belly | anulom vilom benefits | chakrasana yoga pose | meditation and peace | navasana pose | revolved triangle | parsvottanasana in english | raja yoga means | how to do shalabhasana | salabhasana stretches | supta vajrasana meaning | what is trapezitis | uttana padasana steps | veerasana benefits | benefit of garudasana | nidrasana pose | padmasana meaning and benefits |
Top Search Terms For Exercises
pullover dumbbell | knock knees workout | bicycle exercise benefits | cable flys | best middle chest workout | chest workouts for men at home | cardio workout for belly fat | freehand exercise | hand fat reduce exercise | bunny hop workout | front jacks exercise | alternating lateral lunges | how to do the box splits | standing one leg curl | standing weight loss exercises | How to Do a Sumo Squat |
Top Search Terms Fitness
what stimulates beard growth | fruits for weight loss | how to develop reading habit | how to grow beard faster for teenager naturally | akarna dhanurasana preparatory poses | yoga for reducing buttocks and thighs | naukasana on stomach benefits | urdhva upavistha konasana benefits | what is hatha yoga and its benefits | about trikonasana and its benefits | chest and back superset workout | back dumbbell workout at home |