Summer is here and a healthy fruit salad is all you need to cool down. It is important that you keep your system hydrated during the summer and eating the right fruit is the easiest way. Some great summer fruits help to reduce tiredness, fatigue and give instant energy to fight the hot and humid summers. During summer there are some easily available fruits that can be tossed up to make the perfect homemade fruit salad:
Which Fruits to Eat During Summer?
Some fruits that can be used to make the perfect fruit salad recipe during summer are:
- Watermelon: The healthiest fruit to eat during summer is definitely watermelon because it is loaded with Vitamin A and C. It also contains Potassium and Vitamin B6.
- Guava: This is another summer fruit that is the richest source of Vitamin C. It is also loaded with Vitamin A, Vitamin B6 and B3, Vitamin B-9 and folic acid.
- Strawberry: They are rich in Vitamin C, Manganese, fibre, Vitamin B9, and Potassium.
- Grapes: It is packed with Vitamin K and C. Also loaded with Vitamin B6, Manganese copper, potassium, Riboflavin and Thiamine.
- Pineapple: It is loaded with nutrients like fibre, Vitamin C, Manganese, Vitamin B6, Folate, Potassium, Iron, Riboflavin, Niacin, and copper.
- Litchi: They are a great source of healthy antioxidants, minerals and Vitamins. They also contain Potassium, copper and Vitamin C.
- Kiwi: It is loaded with nutrients like Vitamin K, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, folate, and potassium.
- Plums: Plums are the best for summer as it is loaded with Vitamin C, vitamin K Vitamin A, potassium, manganese and copper.
- Papaya: This is one of the must-have fruit salad ingredients as they are rich in fibre, carbohydrates, protein, Vitamin A, C, Potassium and folate.
- Mango: A must-have fruit during summers, which is loaded with Vitamin A, E, K, B6, B5 and C. It is also packed with copper, potassium, and manganese.
Summer Fruit Salad Recipes To Try:
To make the perfect fruit salad recipe, just open the refrigerator, check out the fruits available and toss them together and with a little bit of creativity, you can create a tasty and healthy fruit salad. We have listed a few easy summer fruit salad recipes to help you make the perfect one. You can include any fruits in the below recipe.
1. Pineapple, Grapes & Strawberries Fruit Salad
- Pineapple: Half a cup
- Grapes: Half a cup
- Strawberries: Half a cup
- Apple: 1 number
- Lime juice: 1 tablespoon
- Honey: Half tablespoon
- Lime zest: Half teaspoon
- Cut the pineapple, strawberries and apple into equal-sized cubes for this fruit salad recipe.
- Put whole grapes or cut them into halves
- Combine all the above in a large bowl
- Add lime juice, lime zest and honey over the fruits and gently mix them
- You can store this fruit salad in an air-tight container for 2 to 3 days.
2. Strawberry, Peache & Blueberry Fruit Salad
- Strawberries: One cup thinly sliced
- Blueberries: One cup
- Peaches: 2 Medium-sized, thinly sliced
- Lemon Juice: 1 tablespoon
- Balsamic Vinegar: 1 teaspoon
- Honey or maple syrup: 1 teaspoon
- To make this strawberry salad, make sure that you cut the strawberries and peaches into thin slices, add them along with the blueberries to a large bowl
- Add the fruit salad dressing (lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and honey) into the bowl and mix gently.
- Serve immediately as this strawberry salad is best enjoyed fresh.
- You can also refrigerate it in an airtight container after draining off the excess juice for two to three days in the refrigerator.
3. Mango, Banana, Papaya & Pomegranate Fruit Salad
Mango: 2 numbers cut into cubesBanana: 2 or 3Pomegranate: 1 numberPapaya: One cup, cut into cubesNuts: Badam, cashew nuts and pistachios or walnuts chopped, one cupHoney: One tablespoon
- For this simple fruit salad recipe add all the diced vegetables into a large bowl, along with pomegranate arils.
- Now add the chopped nuts into the bowl
- Add sweeteners like honey, dates syrup or maple syrup and mix gently.
- Lemon or orange juice is a very tasty fruit salad ingredient that enhances the taste of the fruit salad. Add lemon juice or orange juice if you like the tangy flavour in your fruit salad.
- Garnish this easy fruit salad with a few springs of mint leaves for enhanced taste and colour.
4. Summer Fruit Salad with Mayonnaise
- Oranges: 2 nos
- Seedless grapes: One cup
- Apples: 1
- Bananas: 2
- Walnuts and raisins: 1 cup
- 1/4th cup mayonnaise
- To make this homemade fruit salad take a large serving bowl, add the mayonnaise and 2 to 3 tablespoons of orange juice and mix well.
- Add the oranges, cut apples and bananas. Add seedless grapes, raisins and walnuts.
- Combine all, mix well and serve immediately.
5. Easy Summer Fruit Salad With Yoghurt
- Strawberries: 1 Cup
- Pear: 1 Cup
- Grapes: 1 Cup
- Mango: 1 Cup
- Yoghurt: 1 Cup (preferably flavoured)
- Whipped cream: Half a cup
- Combine all the fruits in a serving bowl for this homemade fruit salad.
- In another bowl mix the yoghurt and the whipped cream into a creamy consistency and mix with the cut fruits, add sweetener as per preference and serve chilled.
6. Fruit Cocktail Salad
- Mango: Half cup
- Orange: Half cup
- Apple: Half cup
- Banana: 1
- Dry fruits: 3 tablespoon
- Cherry: A few
- Strawberry: 5 to 6
- Grapes: 10 to 15 nos
- Pomegranate: Half cup
- Hung curd: 1 Cup
- Cream: Half cup
- Jelly: 2 tablespoon
- Vanilla extract: 1 teaspoon
- Honey: 1 Tablespoon
- To make the perfect fruit cocktail salad take a large bowl, add the cream and whip till a peak appears
- Next, add hung curd and vanilla extract to the whipped cream and beat well to get a creamy consistency
- Refrigerate this so that it is chill
- Take a tall glass, add jelly, now add a layer of cut fruits and the yoghurt mixture.
- Add honey, dry fruits and garnish with cherry to make the perfect fruit cocktail salad.
- Kids would love this fruit cocktail salad because they look appealing.
Summer Fruit Salad Dressing Combinations to Try
- Balsamic vinegar, mint, honey and lemon juice
- Lemon juice, poppy seeds, Dijon mustard, salt and vegetable oil
- Fresh orange juice, lemon juice honey and lemon zest
- Cilantro, peanut, lime juice and ginger
- Whipped cream or yoghurt or mayonnaise
- Quinoa, mango salsa, fresh pineapple juice can also be added.
Tips to Make the Perfect Summer Fruit Salad
- Make sure that you choose seasonal and organic fruits to make a simple fruit salad recipe. Wash the fruits well before use, preferably with vinegar.
- To keep the fruit salad fresh add lime or lemon juice. It also helps the discolouration of fruits.
- Try to use fresh fruits instead of frozen fruits as fresh fruits are loaded with nutrients, and moreover, frozen fruits tend to make the salad mushy.
- You can prepare a fruit salad and store it for 2 to 3 days, but make sure that the excess water is removed and stored in an air-tight container.
- You can also try salads like Bengal Gram Salad Recipe, Chicken & Orange Salad Recipe, Corn Salad Recipe and Mix Veg Salad Recipe for optimal health.
- Try to use bananas and apples in a fruit salad if you are eating it within 30 minutes as they tend to get mushy and change their colour
- Make sure that the fruits are cut into small cubes and of equal size. It is easier to eat if the fruits are cut smaller.
- A proper fruit salad dressing enhances the flavour and colour.
- Make sure to garnish the fruit salad with fruit salad ingredients like poppy seeds, chilli powder, mint, and nuts to give a crunchy feel while eating.
- You can also try making the easiest fruit salad with custard, which can never go wrong and kids would love this all-time favourite summer fruit salad.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Akarna Dhanurasan | Chandrasana Steps | Bad Padmasana | Chakrasana Beginners |Benefits Of Raja Yoga | Lotus Pose Steps | Steps Of Naukasana | Urdhva Vajrasana | Trapezitis Definition | Upavistha Asana | Benefits Of Virasana | Nidrasana Yoga | Ardha Navasana Benefits | Parsvottanasana Meaning | Fun Facts About Meditation | Hatha Yoga Beginner Poses | Benefits Of Salabhasana | Uttanapadasana Benefits | Is Yoga Spiritual | Jnana Yoga Adalah
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Pullover Exercise Back | Chest And Back Superset | Standing Bicycle Exercise | Cable Fly Chest Workout | What Is Free Hand Exercise | Exercise For Fat Hands | Bunny Hop Exercise | Jumping Jacks Side Effects | Lateral Lunges | Front Split Stretches | Leg Curling Exercise | Stand Exercise For Belly Fat | Sumo Squat Workout | Knock Knees Treatment Exercise
Top Search Terms Fitness
How To Grow Beard Naturally At Home Faster | Weight Loss Breakfast | How To Inculcate The Habit Of Reading | Beard Growth Home Remedies | How To Sit In Ardha Siddhasana | How To Do Anulom Vilom And Its Benefits | How To Do Trikonasana And Its Benefits | Procedure And Benefits Of Garudasana | Home Back Workout With Dumbbells | Best Cardio Exercises For Belly Fat |Middle Chest Cable Workout | Chest Workout For Men At Gym | Yoga Asanas For Flat Stomach | Meditation For Mental Peace | Yoga For Buttocks And Thigh | Revolved Triangle Yoga Pose | How To Do Shanmukhi Mudra