Working out at a gym or fitness is great but more often than not due to busy lives, even the most fitness-oriented tend to miss out on exercises. For such people and for those who do not have access to a gym workout at home is a great way to stay fit. There is no need for costly pieces of equipment for a full-body workout, though they can help in diversifying a workout program. Read below to know more about home workouts plans without the need for any equipment:
Home Workout Routine
The below workout routine involves exercising all the parts of the body, be it the chest, shoulders, biceps, arms, or the legs. These are not only helpful in strengthening the muscles but the home workout for weight loss exercises can help in losing those extra kilos. The exercises mentioned below can be done in any sequence or as a stand-alone but should always start and end with warm-up and cool-down exercises. Warm-up Exercises: It is important to start your exercise routine with some warming up exercises. When you do that it reduces the risk of injuries and your muscles work more efficiently as it is well-prepared for the task on hand.
- Head rotation: Place your feet shoulder length apart with the knees and legs kept straight. Place your hand on the sides and rotate your head clockwise and anticlockwise. Repeat as many as 20 times.
- Forearm and wrist rotation: Spread your arms away from the body and rotate the wrist first in the clockwise and then in the anti-clockwise direction. Do the same with the arms. Do up to 20 times.
- Shoulder rotation: Place your arms at the sides with your legs spread apart. Rotate the shoulder in the clockwise and anticlockwise direction. Perform up to 20 repetitions.
- Lower body rotation: Perform a torso swing, bend, and hip rotation by keeping your legs straight and wide apart. Repeat each of these for 20 times. Also, perform a feet rotation.
Chest Exercises: It is essential to include chest exercises as it is one of the important muscles in the upper body. It is needed for all the pushing movements in daily life as well as during exercise. The below home workouts for chest can be done with or without equipment:
- Regular pushups: This is a classic exercise that is a great beginners exercise. It is part of all the workout plans as it is a great upper body and full-body workout. While doing the exercise ensure that you have a wide grip as this helps in working out the chest muscles better than the narrow grip.
- Incline pushups: If the regular pushup is too much for you, start with incline push-ups using a solid surface which stands on its feet. It is also great for the lower chest muscles. It is a good workout for teenagers who are starting off.
- Decline pushups: These are for the deltoid upper chest muscles and are harder than the standard pushup.
- Polymetric pushups: Now that your muscles are all fired up, add this fun pushup which has some polymetric movement.
- Tension push-ups: This helps in conditioning the muscles as it is done slowly. Lower your body slowly and at the same speed push it back to the starting position.
The shoulders are referred to as deltoids and it has three main muscles. Generally, it is thought that shoulder exercises need to be done with weights but it can be done using only the bodyweight of the trainer. Here are some of the homeworkouts for shoulders.
- Pullups: Look for a stable bar for pullups. Hang from it holding it in a shoulder-width gap. The palms should be away from the body and the arms should be extended in this position.
- Crab walk: Sit on the floor, keep your feet wide apart, place the palms on the floor, and make a table shape with your body by lifting it up. Walk forward using the right hand and left foot and left hand and right foot. Reverse the movement and crab walk backwards to the start.
- Pike pushup: Start with a downward dog pose and walk your feet towards the shoulders. Lower your forehead, keep your elbows near the sides and try to touch the forehead to the floor.
- Wall walkup: Place yourself in a pushup position keeping your feet toward the wall. Go backwards so that your feet move higher up the wall and your arms going back towards the body. Move until you are in a handstand position and slowly go back to the same push-up position.
These exercises can also be good homeworkouts for biceps.
The below home workouts for abs will not only improve the core strength but also improves the aesthetics of it by burning the fat around it.
- Plank: Place yourself into a plank position instead of using your hands and use your forearm to hold yourself in that position. The hands should be fisted and the forearms parallel to each other. Hold this position for 10 secs and gradually increase the count with each set. This is a whole-body workout that everyone should include in their exercise routine.
- Dead bug: Lie flat on your back and raise your arms above the shoulders. Bend your knees and place them over the hips at a 90-degree angle. Now in a single motion lower the left arm to the floor and straighten your left leg parallel to the ground. Repeat on the other side. Do 10 to 15 steps in each set.
- Bird dog: It is a dead bug in reverse. Start in a tabletop position and place your hips over the knees and shoulders on the wrists. Now lift your left leg and right arm and then touch the elbow and knee underneath the body. Do the same on the other side and repeat for 10 counts.
After learning about the workout for upper body, it is now time to learn home workouts for legs.
- Jump squats: This is a great exercise as it helps to engage all the leg muscles. Every repetition needs maximum effort and hence is great for the legs. To do this exercise, start by jumping to the highest and get back down pushing the knees under the hips dropping the hips back.
- Pistol squats: This is an exercise that can test your balance, mobility, and flexibility. Kick your leg to a 90-degree angle and sit down as much as you can maintaining that position. Get back up with one leg on the ground.
- Reverse lunges: Stand with your feet shoulder apart and step backwards using your left foot, bending both knees so that they are at 90 degrees. Using your right heel get back to standing pose while moving the left knee towards the chest. Repeat the same on either side.
To lose weight cardio training as well as stamina building exercises are essential as you need to shed those extra carbs from the body. Here is some home workout for weight loss:
- Skipping: It can be done with or without a rope and is an effective way to lose weight.
- Climbing stairs: It not only helps in burning calories but also builds muscles.
- Mountain climbers: Stand in a plank position and bring the knees to the chest. It is a beginner's workout that works on the entire body.
- Jumping jacks: Start with your legs straight and arms on the sides. Jump up and spread your feet hip wide keeping your arms over the head. Jump again lower the arms and brings the legs together and returns to the start.
Working out at home is beneficial for people who do not have the time to go to the gym. It not only saves time but also helps in keeping you fit. The exercises mentioned above will help in a full-body workout. There are also many live fitness sessions that you can take if you are a beginner to get maximum benefits of exercise.