Toned arms, stronger muscles, and chiselled looks – almost every gym-goer has this dream. Let’s not forget- the amazing benefits that come with such a strong and in-shape body. That being said, getting such biceps is not an easy task. You have to perform regular bicep workout along with taking a nutritious diet on a daily basis.
If you too have been planning to try the best bicep workouts for beginners, you are at the right place. We have gathered some of the best bicep workout with dumbbells. These simple and easy-to-use weight exercises make it easy to target your biceps and tone them. Moreover, since they are portable, dumbbells can also be used for your workout at home. These DB bicep exercises can also strengthen and tone your forearms, triceps, and shoulders. Let’s get started:
Exercises For Ultimate Dumbbell Bicep Workout
- Bicep Curls
Also known as dumbbell curls and arm curls, this is one of the best dumbbell bicep exercises you must include in your dumbbell bicep workout. It especially targets your biceps to make them stronger and muscular.
How to do this dumbbell bicep workout?
- Stand straight and hold dumbbells in each hand.
- Breathe in and breathe out as you curl the weights upwards.
- Make sure you pull the weights and not sway or lean forwards. It is also important to keep your core engaged and your spine straight.
- Pause for a while and then lower the dumbbells in the starting position. This is one rep.
- Do 2-3 sets of 8-10 curls
- Concentration Curl
To get your muscles pop and strong, you must include this bicep workout with dumbbells only. In fact, concentration curl is one of the most effective DB bicep exercises to isolate and strengthen your biceps. Just make sure you follow the right technique and form to get the most of this best bicep dumbbell workout.
How to do this biceps workout using dumbbells?
- Sit straight on a bench or chair. Keep your legs at least hip-width apart and then lean forward.
- Grab the dumbbell with your left hand and rest your elbow against the inside of your left thigh. This is your starting position.
- When you hold the dumbbell, keep your palms up and curl the dumbbell towards your shoulder.
- Hold the position for 2 seconds and then slowly lower the weight to the initial position.
- Do 10 reps and then perform the dumbbell bicep workout with the right hand.
- Hammer Curls
Another best bicep dumbbell workout to try is hammer curl. This can seem like a variation of the basic bicep curl but it is done using an overhand grip and pronated wrist. This exercise is a good choice if you want to do a back bicep workout with dumbbell that focuses on muscular hypertrophy and strength.
How to do this biceps workout using dumbbells?
- Stand straight while holding the dumbbells by your side. Your grip should be with palms facing inward and thumbs facing up
- Now, pull your elbows by your side and curl the weights upwards till they reach your shoulders.
- Lower down the weight by extending your arms down slowly and with control.
- Do as many reps as you can.
- Reverse Curls
If you want a dumbbell bicep workout routine that also works on your forearms, reverse curls are your answer. The workout also increases your grip strength and treats elbow pain by targeting the brachialis and brachioradialis.
How to do this dumbbell bicep workout at home?
- Stand straight and hold dumbbells in both hands with an overhand grip.
- Now pull your elbows by your side and curl the weights upwards.
- Then lower the dumbbells down in a controlled manner.
- Try to do 2-3 sets of 8 reps.
- Zottman Curls
Just like its name, this dumbbell bicep workout proves its efficiency by giving you sculpted arms. It is named after strongman George Zottman who invented the manoeuvre in the 19th century. The workout also improves your grip strength; so if you are creating a dumbbell bicep workout routine, do add this workout.
How to do this dumbbell bicep workout at home:
- Stand straight and grab a pair of dumbbells with an underhand grip. Your feet should be shoulder to hip-width apart.
- Now, curl your arms just like you do in bicep curl but once they reach shoulder level, rotate your hands so that your underhand grip changes to overhand grip.
- Slowly lower your arms the way you do in reverse curl.
- Once you have lowered your arms, change into an underhand grip.
- Repeat as many times as you can.
Dumbbell Bicep Workout: Safety And Precautions
No doubt that performing the best dumbbell bicep exercises can give your amazing arms but you must also try to follow all the tips and safety precautions to avoid any injury. Below, we have jotted down a few tips you should keep in mind while doing dumbbell workouts for biceps:
- Do not eat heavy meals before starting a dumbbell bicep workout.
- Never force yourself if you are not able to do extra reps even during a dumbbell bicep workout for beginners.
- Do not rush during the curls as it can injure your elbow.
- If you are doing a dumbbell bicep workout for beginners, avoid lifting too heavy dumbbells. Have patience and once you are comfortable with lighter weights, you can raise the weights.
- It is not important to do a bicep workout with dumbbells only. You can also change the weights and use kettlebells as well as long as it is comfortable for you.
- You can also wear wrist wraps to reinforce your grip and avoid excess strain during a back bicep workout with dumbbell.
Now that you know plenty of exercises, you can create the best bicep workout with dumbbells. If you want even better results, we would suggest you consult a fitness trainer. They can customize a dumbbell bicep workout for you based on your health, fitness level, and gender. Nowadays, you can also consult experts online and even get a diet plan to support your bodybuilding goals.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
shanmukhi | akarnadhanurasana | virasana steps | yoganidrasana pose | chakrasana benefits | meditations for peace | boat pose asana | siddhasana position | facts about meditation | jnana yoga practices | flat tummy yoga poses | pyramid pose in sanskrit | what is ardha chandrasana | benefits of anulom vilom | how to perform trikonasana | rajyoga meditation benefits | shalabhasana is also known as | naukasana steps and benefits | how to do supta vajrasana | trapezitis diagnosis | upavistha konasana steps | procedure of uttanpadasana | garudasana also known as |
Top Search Terms For Exercises
dumbbell pullover benefits | the bicycle exercise | cable high to low fly | 1000 rep chest workout | free hand workout | hand fat exercise | bunny hops | weight loss jumping jacks | alternating side lunges exercise | middle split stretches | leg curl exercise at home | Sumo Squats Exercise | chest and back gym workout | knock knees correction exercise | lower and middle chest workout |
Top Search Terms Fitness
factors affecting beard growth | top 10 food for weight loss | how to develop reading habits | how to grow beard at home | physical mental and spiritual benefits of yoga | yoga poses for buttocks reduction | benefits of baddha padmasana | health benefits of hatha yoga | parivrtta trikonasana procedure | salabhasana benefits and precautions | back workout with dumbbells at home | what are cardio exercises to lose belly fat | standing exercise for lower belly fat |