The benefits of having strong core muscles are huge. You can improve your posture, perform better in sports, and push your grocery carts easily. This makes a strong case for adding core strengthening exercises to your daily workout.
Contrary to popular belief, a core strengthening workout can be done by everyone. Even if you are a beginner in the gym, you can choose some easy exercises that will hit your core muscles.
If you are wondering what are the best core strengthening exercises for beginners, you have reached the right place. In this guide, we are going to tell you how to do the best core strengthening exercises as a beginner. Read the guide till the end so that you can know which exercises are best suited for you.
7 Best Core Strengthening Exercises
Plank is a great exercise to start with your core strengthening workout. If you achieve the right form, you will be able to support your whole body just on your forearm and toes. Here is a step-by-step guide to practice plank exercise the right way:
- Get your body in the press-up position but instead of resting on your hands, you have to rest on the forearms.
- Keep your back straight, tense your glutes and abs.
- Hold this pose for a few seconds while making sure that your hips do not sag.
If you are looking for core strengthening exercises for lower back pain, glute bridge is the apt exercise for you. Physical therapists often suggest doing glute bridges to people who sit on office chairs for long hours. Adding this exercise to your workout will result in strong glutes and relief from lower back pain.
Here is a step-by-step guide to practice glute bridge the right way:
- Lie down flat on a yoga mat and bend your legs.
- Now, drive through the heels and push your hips upwards as up as you are comfortable.
- Now, pause for a few seconds here and return to the position where you started the glute bridge exercise.
If you want to practice core strengthening exercises at home but do not have enough space or equipment, the dead bug is the right exercise for you. In fact, this exercise is so easy to practice that even beginners rarely get it wrong.
Here is a step-by-step guide to practice dead bug the right way:
- Lie down on your back on a yoga mat and keep your hands above you.
- Lift your feet up making a 90 degrees angle with your knees.
- Straighten your leg and place your heel an inch away from the floor.
- Now, lower your arm to make it parallel to the ground.
- Return to the position where you started the exercise and then repeat it by changing the sides of your arm and leg.
Flutter kicks are considered one of the best core strengthening exercises for women and men as it makes a big difference in the strength of your core muscles. Although you have to extend your legs and move your heels quite a bit, this exercise is still very safe for your lower back.
Here is a step-by-step guide to practice flutter kicks exercise the right way:
- Lie down on a bench with your face towards it.
- Keep your hips on the edge of the bench and extend the legs in the air.
- Squeeze your glutes and raise your legs in the air until they come at the level of your hips.
- Lift the right leg higher than the left leg and lower down the right leg to raise your left leg.
- Do not rush while doing the leg movements and keep every moment in control to prevent injuries.
Swimming superman is one of the lesser-known core strengthening exercises but it is still quite effective at working on your muscles. Usually, this exercise is suggested to be done in the middle of the core workout as your body needs to be warmed up but not fatigued.
Here is a step-by-step guide to practice swimming superman exercise the right way:
- Lie down on your belly on a mat and tense your glutes and abs.
- Hover both feet and arms in the air.
- Now, bend your elbows and bring the hands closer to your face.
- Move your hands and legs as if you are swimming in the water.
- Stretch your arms straight so that your hand can sweep out on the sides of your body and then get back towards your face.
- Make sure that your hands are hovering throughout the swimming exercise.
The dragon flag is one of those rare core strengthening exercises that images all upper body muscles, hip flexors, lower back muscles, and even glutes to support you while doing the movement and strengthening the core.
Here is a step-by-step guide to practice dragon flag exercise the right way:
- Lie on your back on a bench and hold it behind your head.
- Bend the knees, kick the legs up in the air detaching your back from the bench.
- Gradually, move down to the position where you started the exercise and then repeat by kicking again.
Along with boosting your core strength, Russian twists can help you in improving the rotational movement of the body. These rotational movements are used in sports activities such as running, boxing, and rowing.
Here is a step-by-step guide to practice Russian twists the right way:
- Sit down on the floor and hold weight in your hands. It could be a sandbag, kettlebell, dumbbell, or a weight plate.
- Extend your arms and lift your feet off the ground.
- Now, twist your body at the torso and turn from one side to the other.
Whether you are a beginner wanting to start your exercise routine or an athlete wanting to improve performance, core strengthening exercises are beneficial for you. There are a lot of exercises, out of which you can select according to your health goals.
All the above-mentioned core muscle strengthening exercises are easy to learn and practice. So, we would suggest you to try every exercise at least once so that you can better know what are all the options for you.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Shambhavi Mudra | Ashwini Mudra | Yoni Mudra | Vayu Mudra | Parvatasana | Bakasana | Khechari Mudra Benefits | Padahastasana Benefits | Mandukasana | Gomukhasana | Surya Mudra | Prana Mudra Benefits | Mayurasana | Dandasana | Balasana | Benefits Of Makarasana | Uttanasana Benefits | Yoga Nidra Benefits | Yoga For Anger Management | Apan Vayu Mudra Benefits | Bhujang Asana Is Good For Improving | Halasana | Yoga Mudrasana Benefits | Balayam Yoga Benefits | Vipassana Meditation Benefits | Yoga in Bed for Weight Loss | Kriya Yoga Benefits | Best Mantra for Meditation
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Superman Exercise Benefits | Sumo Deadlift | Side Plank Benefits | Walking Lunges Benefits | Kickbacks Exercise | Box Jumps | Air Squats | Does Skipping Increase Height | Chiseled Body | Hrithik Roshan Workout Routine | Dragon Flag | 5 Brain Exercises | Windshield Wipers Exercise Benefits | Push up Alternatives | Dumbbell Workout for Beginners
Search Terms For Fitness