It’s no surprise that most people stick to only those exercises which they enjoy practising. And one exercise that everyone loves to do is bar hanging. The best part about bar hanging is that no one is a beginner at it. We all have some experience of hanging off monkey bars in our childhood.
There are not one, two, but many exercises that you can do with bar hanging. While practising these exercises does take some effort, learning about these exercises takes none. We have jotted down a guide on the 4 best bar hanging exercises for you. But before that, let’s see how these bar hanging exercises can benefit you.
Benefits Of Hanging Exercise
In our childhood, we did not know the many benefits of hanging exercise. But at least one benefit was clear - a hanging bar exercise can increase height. Well, now it’s time to move beyond that and learn about some other health benefits of hanging exercises.
Here is a list of some of the most important and well-known hanging exercise benefits:
- Stretches Your Upper Body: A number of bar hanging exercises require you to work on your upper body. If you stick to your workout, you will end up stretching your abdominals, shoulders, arms, and back muscles.
- Improves Your Grip: A hanging exercise like the dead hang needs you to hold the hanging rod for exercise with all your body pulling you downward. Once you build some strength, you need to hold onto the bar for minutes. This will increase the grip of your palm, and make your hands stronger and more flexible.
- Increases Shoulder Mobility & Strength: One of the lesser-known hanging exercise benefits is the improvement in shoulder mobility. The strength and mobility of your shoulder actually decide how long you can practice any bar hanging exercise. With regular practice, the mobility and the strength of your shoulder will increase.
- Relaxes Your Spine: Your spine gets stretched while you practice hanging bar exercise. While you stretch your spine, you also decompress your back. This keeps your body posture straight. With a strong spine, you also reduce the chances of a number of health issues such as inflexibility and neck pain.
- Strengthens Your Forearms: Who does not love strong forearms? But most people fail to achieve their desired strength because they are not able to do weight-pulling exercises. If you can relate to it, a hanging exercise can be a great start for you to strengthen your forearms.
Bar Hanging Exercises
Here is a list of some bar hanging exercises that you can add to your workout at home:
- Dead Hang
The most famous exercise to increase height is the dead hang. In this bar hanging exercise, you have to engage multiple muscles of your body to pull yourself up. It is also one of the basic bar hanging exercises that will help you do the other exercises. Here is a step-by-step guide that you help you practice dead hang:
- Grip the hanging bar using an overhand grip while keeping your arms at a shoulder-wide distance to each other.
- Move your feet off the ground (you can also use a step or a block if you can’t reach the bar easily) and hang on to the bar.
- Try to relax and keep your arm straight.
- Try to hold this pose for at least 10 seconds and then gradually move down your body on the ground.
- Try to increase the time for which you hand on to the bar. As a beginner, keeping your body for 45 seconds in the air is enough.
- Hanging Knee Raises
Hanging knee raises is another easy hanging rod exercise that you can add to your workout. If you want to strengthen your core along with strengthening your arms, you should definitely try this hanging exercise at home. Here is a step-by-step guide that you help you practice hanging knee raises:
- Grab a hanging bar, keep your hands at a shoulder-wide distance to each other and pull up your body.
- While hanging to the bar, try to keep your body straight and pull your shoulders back and down.
- Now, bend your knees and bring them as close to your chest as possible.
- Gradually move down your body on the ground.
- Knees To Elbows
Ever tried CrossFit or skipping exercise before? If your answer is yes, then you know how you can make an easy-looking exercise intense. Knees to elbows is a hanging rod exercise that will make your abs burn in a little time. Here is a step-by-step guide that you help you practice knees to elbows:
- Grab the hanging bar, keeping your palms away from you and your arms at a shoulder-wide distance to each other.
- Gradually, swing your legs towards your back and bend your knees to move them close to your chest.
- Try to touch your elbows with your knees and then gradually move down your body on the ground.
- Hanging Leg Raises
Want to build strong abs without going to the gym? You can do this hanging exercise at home just by using a bar, and you can build stronger abs. Hanging leg raises requires you to work on your grip, body movement, and flexibility. Here is a step-by-step guide that you help you practice hanging leg raises:
- Grip the hanging bar, keeping your palms away from you and keeping your arms at a shoulder-wide distance to each other.
- Engage your ab muscles, keep your legs straight, and pull the shoulders back and down.
- Now, lift your legs to make them parallel to the ground.
- Try to hold the hanging leg raises for one second and then gradually move down your body on the ground.
Bar hanging is a fun and easy way to strengthen your arms, shoulders, and back. Various hanging exercises also help you in increasing your flexibility. Add these exercises to your workout and see how a simple hanging rod for exercise can benefit you.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Shambhavi Mudra | Ashwini Mudra | Yoni Mudra | Vayu Mudra | Parvatasana | Bakasana | Khechari Mudra Benefits | Padahastasana Benefits | Mandukasana | Gomukhasana | Surya Mudra | Prana Mudra Benefits | Mayurasana | Dandasana | Balasana | Benefits Of Makarasana | Uttanasana Benefits | Yoga Nidra Benefits | Yoga For Anger Management | Apan Vayu Mudra Benefits | Bhujang Asana Is Good For Improving | Halasana | Yoga Mudrasana Benefits | Balayam Yoga Benefits | Vipassana Meditation Benefits | Yoga in Bed for Weight Loss | Kriya Yoga Benefits | Best Mantra for Meditation
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Superman Exercise Benefits | Sumo Deadlift | Side Plank Benefits | Walking Lunges Benefits | Kickbacks Exercise | Box Jumps | Air Squats | Does Skipping Increase Height | Chiseled Body | Hrithik Roshan Workout Routine | Dragon Flag | 5 Brain Exercises | Windshield Wipers Exercise Benefits | Push up Alternatives | Dumbbell Workout for Beginners
Search Terms For Fitness