If you have a sweet tooth, resisting decadent puddings and delicious sweet treats like may seem like an impossible task. Fortunately, there are plenty of healthy puddingrecipes like Nutty Dates Pudding and Brownie Batter Chia Pudding that you can rely on to satisfy those sweet cravings! Start with a simple pudding recipe and you will soon find out how easy it is to whip up a delicious and healthy pudding in your own kitchen!
- Chocolate Chia Pudding
This is an easy five-minute recipe that is low-calories as well as vegan. It is made using chia seeds which are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, iron, fibre, antioxidants and calcium. Chia seeds have been found to be beneficial for your heart health, lowering diabetes, and better digestive health. It is no surprise that more and more people have started consuming chia seeds every day.Â This delicious chia chocolate pudding is one way of eating chia seeds and satisfying your sweet tooth at the same time!
- Chia seeds: 60 grams
- Unsweetened almond milk: 400ml
- Cacao powder: 3 tbsp
- Maple syrup: 2 tbsp
- Vanilla extract: Â½ tsp
- Cacao Nibs: 1 tsp
- Frozen berries: Â½ cup
- Place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl along with a pinch of sea salt and whisk gently till it is well combined.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and leave it in the fridge for four hours or overnight to allow it to thicken,
- Take it out of the fridge and spoon it into four glasses and top it with cacao nibs and frozen berries.
- You can substitute the almond milk with unsweetened hazelnut milk.
- You can also top the chia pudding with chopped nuts.
- Add some dates to this recipe and you have Chocolate Nutty Dates Pudding on your hand.
- Vegan Chocolate Pudding
This utterly delicious Vegan Chocolate pudding is exceptionally luscious without any unhealthy ingredients. It is made from avocado, which is an extremely nutritious fruit that is loaded with minerals and nutrients. The healthy fat content in anacondas helps your body balance your hormones as well. It even helps lower your cholesterol levels and reduce your risk of heart diseases! This easy chocolate pudding recipe is a top runner for healthy chocolate pudding recipes!
- Avocado flesh: 2 cups
- Unsweetened almond milk: 1/3 cup
- Pure maple syrup: 2/3 cup
- Creamy peanut butter: 1 tbsp
- Arrowroot powder: 1 tbsp
- Salt: a pinch
- Pure vanilla extract: 1 tsp
- Melted Cacao nibs: 1 cup
- Cocoa powder: Â¼ cupÂ
- Combine the avocado, unsweetened almond milk, maple syrup, peanut butter, arrowroot powder, salt, vanilla extract, and cocoa powder together in the food processor.
- Process this until you get a smooth and creamy mixture.
- Then scoop this chocolate pudding into four glasses and top it with melted cacao nibs and chopped nuts
- The unsweetened almond milk can be replaced by unsweetened non-dairy milk,
- You can add any toppings of your choice to the pudding recipe.
- You can reduce the calories further by avoiding the melted cacao nibs.
- Matcha Chia Pudding
If you have been following the recent food trends you may have already heard about Matcha tea. It is a type of green tea that is rich in natural anti-oxidants and offers plenty of health benefits. Matcha tea helps you lose weight, improve your brain function, prevent cancer, improve your heart health and plenty more. If you have already tried a cup of Matcha tea, take it a step further and try making this simple Matcha Chia Pudding in your home!
- Unsweetened cashew milk: 1 cup
- Pure maple syrup: 2 tsp
- Chia seeds: Â¼ cup
- Powdered matcha: 1 Â½ tsp
- Cacao nibs: 1 tsp
- To a lidded jar add the milk, matcha powder, maple syrup and chia seeds.
- Make sure the jar is closed properly and then shake it vigorously for a minute or so.
- Allow the jar to sit for ten minutes and then give it a good shake again to prevent the chia seeds from sticking together.
- Allow the pudding to settle for at least an hour and a half before it is served.
- Scoop the pudding into individual serving bowls or glasses and top it with cacao seeds.
- You can substitute the cashew nut milk with any unsweetened non-dairy milk in this chia seed pudding recipe.
- You can also top the chia pudding with chopped bananas, maple syrup, hemp heart or seasonal fruit.
- Strawberry Crumble Pudding
This grain-free strawberry crumbles pudding is perfect to enjoy those delicious strawberries this summer. It is delicious, healthy and easy to make! While traditional crumble puddings rely on grains to add that texture to this favourite pudding recipe, this healthy version uses almond flour! The Strawberry crumble pudding is appetizing on its own, but you can always add a scoop of low-fat ice cream to celebrate a special occasion.
- Strawberries ( halved): 4 cups
- Tapioca starch: 2 tbsp
- Pure vanilla extract: 2 tsp
- Fresh lemon juice: 1 tbsp
- Pure maple syrup: 4 tbsp
- Almond flour: 1 cup
- Salt: a pinch
- Coconut oil: 3 tbsp
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the strawberries, tapioca starch, lemon juice, vanilla extract and one tablespoon of maple syrup well in a large mixing bowl.
- Transfer this to a deep pan and layer it out evenly.
- In another mixing bowl add the almond flour, salt, coconut oil and the remaining maple syrup and mix it together to make the topping.
- Spread the topping carefully over the strawberry layer in the deep pan.
- Bake this for thirty minutes or until the topping turns golden brown in colour.
- Remove it from the oven and allow it to stand for at least ten minutes before serving.
- Butterscotch Pudding
This is an easy pudding recipe that replicates the mouth-watering caramel flavour of a traditional butterscotch pudding without any of those additional calories.
- Dark brown sugar: Â½ cup
- Arrowroot powder: 3 tbsp
- Salt: a pinch
- Unsweetened vanilla soy milk: 2 cup
- Pure vanilla extract: 1 tsp
- Add the arrowroot powder, dark brown sugar and salt to a saucepan.
- Slowly add the unsweetened milk to this and stir till it is well combined.
- Cook this on a low flame and stir continuously till it thickens.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the vanilla extract to the pudding.
- Allow it to cool for ten minutes while gently stirring it to prevent skin from forming on the top
- You can serve the delicious Butterscotch pudding warm or chilled.
- Add toppings like chopped nuts, cacao nibs for some crunch.
- Peanut Butter Banana Pudding
If you have been craving banoffee pudding, you are sure to enjoy this delectable pudding that is also extremely healthy.
- Tofu: 1 cup
- Chopped bananas: 2
- Unsweetened soy milk: 4 tbsp
- Peanut butter: 2 tbsp
- Pure Maple syrup: 1 tbsp
- Ground cinnamon: 1 pinch
- Ground nutmeg: A pinch
- Pure vanilla extract: Â½ tsp
- Blend the tofu, chopped bananas, peanut butter, soy milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract till it is smooth and creamy.
- Chill this for around two hours.
- Scoop it into serving bowls and serve chilled.
- Fruit Pudding Recipe
This healthy pudding recipe is a favourite in many households across the globe. Besides being utterly delicious, it also paves your way to glowing and younger-looking skin!
- Banana: 1
- Blackberries: Â½ cup
- Plum(pitted) : 1
- Dates (pitted): 5
- Cocoa powder: 2 tbsp
- Berries for garnish
- Add all the ingredients to your blender and blend till it is creamy and smooth.
- Scoop it into a serving glass and top it with berries before serving it immediately.
- You can convert it into a Berries Chia Pudding by adding some pre-soaked chia seeds as well.
The key to making a delicious healthy pudding is using fresh ingredients. For example, if mango is in season, the traditional Mango Pudding can be tweaked to make a healthy version with chia seeds.Â At the end of the day, as long as you control your portions, you can make healthy puddings a part of your diet plan!