Biryani recipe is a famous Muslim dish from the Indian subcontinent that is nothing but a mixed rice dish made with Indian spices and rice and any of the below-stated ingredients. They are:
• Vegetables to make veg biryani
• Soya Chunks to make veg biryani
• Bread pieces to make veg biryani recipe
• Mushroom to make veg biryani recipe
• Paneer to make veg biryani recipe
The different kinds of biryani recipes that are widely available are discussed in detail below to try at home. One can do the veg biryani recipe step by step without involving the meat step in all the methods.
- Make a coarse paste of onions, ginger and paste with the help of a mortar and pestle and set it aside,
- Take some ghee in a pan, roast cashew and raisins, fish them out and place them in a bowl.
- Wash rice in running water and drain it well with the help of a colander.
- Then Toast well-washed rice with the same ghee in a pan until it leaves a pleasant aroma. Leave it aside for future use in a bowl separately.
- Take a pan and fry sliced onions until they are brown.
- Drop the above prepared coarse mixture into the brown onions and add the spices with green chillies.
- Add the preferred meat ingredient or the other vegetarian ingredients per choice at this stage and saut well for a few minutes. This lets all the masala mix well with them. If chicken is used here, it will make a yummy Indian chicken biryani recipe of this style.
- After a minute or so, drop in grated coconut and fry them all well together for some time.
- Then take a wide bottom pot and add ghee into it. Drop bay leaves, cinnamon stick, cardamom and let it roast until a pleasant aroma leaves the pot.
- Add the above onion and coconut masala and the meat or vegetable mixture to the pot and stir the rice by mixing them well.
- Now place the roasted cashews and raisins by sprinkling Kerala garam masala over them.
- At this stage, stir in the coconut milk and add more water if required.
- Gently drop in very finely chopped coriander and mint leaves.
- Close the lid and steam cook for fifteen minutes until the biryani recipe gets ready to be served.
- Soak basmati rice for thirty minutes to make this easy biryani recipe, and then drain the water from it completely.
- The next step will be to prepare the biryani masala by dry roasting and grinding cinnamon, cardamom, fennel, black peppercorns, star anise and cloves together.
- Then add ghee to a skillet and drop in red chilli and turmeric powder along with salt and biryani masala. Add the meat or vegetarian ingredients to it with spices and wait until it gets coated well. If chicken is used here, it will make a yummy chicken biryani of this style.
- SautÃ© thinly sliced onions until it caramelizes and turns brown in ghee along with green chillies and bay leaves. Then drop in ginger garlic pastes along with finely chopped leaves of coriander and mint.
- Then add some amount of curd, after which stir in the soaked basmati rice with enough water and salt to make the biryani. Once the mixture starts to boil, cook on a low flame with the lid closed. Wait until all the water gets absorbed, and then serve the biryani recipe hot.
- Soak basmati rice in water for thirty minutes and then add them to boiling water with all the spices. Once it is done, 80% pick out the herbs and drain the rice with a colander. This ensures that the rice succumbs to all the flavours from the herbs.
- Saut all the spices in some ghee and drop in ginger garlic paste with veggies like chopped tomatoes and fried onions. And then, add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder to them so that all the other veggies get well coated with them. Add chicken here, and it will make a yummy chicken biryani recipe of this style.
- Cook for few minutes, and then add the biryani masala along with finely chopped mint and cilantro. Add salt to taste along with some yoghurt. Simmer them on medium heat and mix well. Add a small quantity of water and allow it to simmer for some more time.
- Meanwhile, toast saffron strand in a piece of small aluminium foil in a pan and then add small quantities of milk to it. Leave them aside for later use.
- Finally, layer the biryani in the order of rice, herbs, saffron milk, gravy, fried onions and then repeat it over again.
- Again, cook the biryani with the dum procedure on low heat and serve it by mixing them gently.
- Finally, garnish the biryani recipe with the saffron milk we prepared earlier and serve it hot.
- The meat or vegetables that are used to make this biryani is first thoroughly washed with clean water.
- Soak the rice for a minimum of thirty minutes in water.
- Take a pan and add ghee to it. Saut spices like cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamom, star anise and bay leaf for a minute or so.
- Then drain the rice and drop it in boiling water with salt. Make sure that it is cooked only 70%.
- Take another pan and, on medium flame, saut sliced onions in ghee until they turn transparent.
- Then drop ginger garlic paste, chopped tomatoes, red chilli powder, coriander powder, required meat, and yoghurt with the required salt. Add chicken here, to make a yummy chicken biryani recipe of this style. This will be the best chicken biryani recipe out of the lot.
- Once the meat is 80% cooked, add mint leaves and then stir in the cooked rice.
- On slow flame, cook them all together with the lids closed for twenty minutes and then fluff it up and serve the biryani recipe.
- Rinse the rice in running water a couple of times and soak in water for thirty minutes.
- Then prepare the masala paste with cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, whole black pepper, fennel seeds, onion, green chilli, coriander and mint leaves. Without adding extra water, blend them into a smooth paste.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add a bay leaf to it. Saut for few minutes and then drop in the ground paste. Add ginger-garlic paste, chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder.
- Then add chicken or other meat with fresh curd and mix well. Add required water and salt. Close it and cook until the meat cooks well. Add chicken here, and it will make a yummy chicken biryani recipe of this style. This will be one of the easy chicken biryani recipe out of the lot.
- Add the rice to the above mixture after it has cooked for fifteen minutes, and then cook the rice along with the gravy on low flame for another fifteen minutes. Allow the biryani recipe to rest, and then fluff it well before serving.
Sri Lankan Biryani
- Wash the meat and marinate it with turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt. Please leave it to marinate well for thirty minutes.
- Heat ghee in a pan, and then add the marinated meat and fry for some time until it turns brown here and there. Leave it aside.
- Wash the rice and then drain it.
- Now take a cooker and saut all the spices in ghee.
- Then add ginger-garlic paste, green chilli, sliced onions along with chopped coriander and mint leaves. Saut for some time.
- Then add diced tomatoes, red chilli powder, coriander powder, and garam masala powder with salt.
- Drop in the cooked meat and rice. If chicken is used here, it will make a yummy chicken biryani of this style.
- Add required water and then a small quantity of curd to it.
- Finally, add Kesari powder diluted with water to it and pressure cook it for fifteen minutes on low flame after three whistles.
- Then serve the biryani recipe hot.
Besides all the mentioned biryani recipes, the other reputed ones are the Rawther biryani recipe, the Sindhi biryani recipe, Kolkata biryani, Lucknowi veg biryani and Lucknowi chicken biryani, Delhi biryani, Veg Donne biryani, Chicken Donne biryani, Pressure cooker veg biryani, Pressure cooker chicken biryani, etc. And apart from India biryani, it is also made in places like Iran, Afghanistan and Iraq.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Akarna Dhanurasan | Chandrasana Steps | Bad Padmasana | Chakrasana Beginners |Benefits Of Raja Yoga | Lotus Pose Steps | Steps Of Naukasana | Urdhva Vajrasana | Trapezitis Definition | Upavistha Asana | Benefits Of Virasana | Nidrasana Yoga | Ardha Navasana Benefits | Parsvottanasana Meaning | Fun Facts About Meditation | Hatha Yoga Beginner Poses | Benefits Of Salabhasana | Uttanapadasana Benefits | Is Yoga Spiritual | Jnana Yoga Adalah
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Pullover Exercise Back | Chest And Back Superset | Standing Bicycle Exercise | Cable Fly Chest Workout | What Is Free Hand Exercise | Exercise For Fat Hands | Bunny Hop Exercise | Jumping Jacks Side Effects | Lateral Lunges | Front Split Stretches | Leg Curling Exercise | Stand Exercise For Belly Fat | Sumo Squat Workout | Knock Knees Treatment Exercise
Top Search Terms Fitness
How To Grow Beard Naturally At Home Faster | Weight Loss Breakfast | How To Inculcate The Habit Of Reading | Beard Growth Home Remedies | How To Sit In Ardha Siddhasana | How To Do Anulom Vilom And Its Benefits | How To Do Trikonasana And Its Benefits | Procedure And Benefits Of Garudasana | Home Back Workout With Dumbbells | Best Cardio Exercises For Belly Fat |Middle Chest Cable Workout | Chest Workout For Men At Gym | Yoga Asanas For Flat Stomach | Meditation For Mental Peace | Yoga For Buttocks And Thigh | Revolved Triangle Yoga Pose | How To Do Shanmukhi Mudra