What are crunches?
So many of us aspire to lose all the excess fat around our bellies. This fat is not just limited to the subcutaneous fat, which lies just below your skin. It also includes visceral fat that surrounds your internal organs. While a certain percentage of body fat is essential for your health, the accumulation of extra fat leads to several serious health problems. These include breathing problems, cardiac diseases, type-2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and more.
Whether your excess belly fat is due to reasons such as a poor diet, genetics, stress, smoking, etc., it needs to be paid attention to. One of the best ways to reduce this fat is to increase your activity levels through exercising to make this fat loss faster and permanent.
One of the best exercises to reduce belly fat is a crunch. Wondering how do crunches burn belly fat? They are an effective core exercise that works on your core muscles around your trunk and pelvis region. They strengthen these muscles and build their endurance.
How to do crunches for belly fat?
Wondering how to do crunches to reduce belly fat? Here is a detailed explanation of how you can do this exercise with the correct form and posture:
- Lie comfortably on your back on a yoga mat.
- Place your feet on the floor. They must be placed hip-width apart.
- Bend your knees and keep your arms across your chest.
- Engage your core and inhale deeply.
- This is one repetition.
Sets and reps of belly fat crunches exercise: You can do 3-4 sets of 10-12 reps.
What are the types of crunches for belly fat?
Once you have mastered the standard crunches exercise for belly fat, it makes sense to try out different variations and types of crunches for belly fat. This increases your endurance and flexibility and prevents the risk of injuries too.
Here are some of the most effective variations of crunches to lose belly fat:
Twisting crunches for belly fat loss:
This is one of the best crunches to lose belly fat exercise that puts extra tension on your core and makes it stronger. To do this exercise, perform the standard exercise, but while curling forward, incorporate a twisting movement. In this, your left elbow should touch your right knee and vice versa.
Reverse crunches to lose belly fat:
This is one of the most effective types of crunches to lose belly fat that works on your six-pack muscles. It is also less stressful on your neck and back.
- Lie on your back comfortably. Your knees must be bent and feet flat on the ground.
- Bring your knees to your chest and slowly roll up your pelvis so that your knees reach your forehead.
- Pause for a couple of seconds and repeat.
Bicycle crunches to reduce belly fat:
This crunches exercise for belly fat is effective for activating your upper abdominis muscles and helps tone them. When done regularly, it helps in slimming your waist.
- Lie down comfortably on your back.
- Keep your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. They should be placed hip-width apart.
- Your arms must be behind your head.
- Engage your core and lift your knees till they are 90-degrees to your body.
- Exhale deeply and rotate your trunk to move your right elbow to your left knee and vice versa.
- Inhale and return to the starting position.
- Repeat on the other side.
One of the best crunches to lose belly fat, this is one of the few exercises that completely engage your abdominal wall along with your obliques. It also improves your flexibility and balance.
- Lie on the ground on your left side.
- Keep your knees slightly bent.
- Place your left hand on your mid-section and put your right hand on the right side of your head.
- Exhale deeply and raise your shoulders off the ground.
- Crunch your sides and bring your elbow towards your hip.
- Hold this position for 5-10 seconds and return to the starting position.
- Repeat on the other side.
What are the benefits of crunches for belly fat?
Here are some of the best crunches to lose belly fat benefits that should motivate you to include this exercise in your workout routine:
- Belly fat crunches exercises are a great way to lose abdominal weight. This helps in preventing serious obesity-related disorders.
- Crunches for belly fat loss, just like any other exercise, help in releasing happy hormones and reducing cortisol levels in your body. This helps regulate your moods and reduces stress.
- This is a great exercise to massage your abdomen. When done regularly, crunches help improve your digestion and prevent constipation and bloat.
- Crunches are great for strengthening your core and preventing injuries.
- This exercise requires minimal set-up, making them an excellent addition to your workout routine at home.
How to do crunches for belly fat safely?
It is not sufficient just to know how to do crunches to reduce belly fat. You also need to do this exercise safely. Here are some things to keep in mind while doing crunches to reduce belly fat:
- Make sure that you use your core to raise your body. Never use your head or neck. This increases the risk of injury.
- Placing your hands behind your neck also increases the chances of injury.
- Make slow and smooth movements. Avoid making jerky movements.
- If you feel pain anytime while doing crunches for belly fat, stop exercising immediately.
- Never start doing crunches for belly fat without learning their technique from an experienced trainer. This helps prevent injuries and muscle strain.
- Always incorporate a warm-up and cool-down session in your workout regime to make sure that your muscles are flexed before you start stretching them.
Crunches are one of the finest bodyweight exercises that help you get at your optimum weight. It is a low-intensity exercise that doesn’t stress your joints. However, to gain the benefits of this exercise, you must incorporate different types of crunches to lose belly fat to gain stimulus and prevent plateaus.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Suryamudra | Horse Mudra | Vajrasana Benifits | Vakrasana Procedure | Hero Pose (virasana) | Yoni Mudra in Yoga | Apan Mudra Benefits | Uttanasana Yoga Pose | Bakasana Yoga Benefits | Cow Face Pose Benefits | How to Do Shirshasana | Uttanpadasana Precautions | Meaning of Padahastasana | Mudra for Digestion and Gas | Khechari Mudra Experience | Mandook Asanas Benefits | mayurasana for beginners | Gyan Mudra Meditation | Naukasana Yoga Benefits | Chaturanga Dandasana Meaning | Benefits of Ardha Salabhasana | Prana Mudra for Blood Circulation
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Plank Benefits | Deadlift Form | Bent-over Row. | Benefits of Dips | Lying Thigh Curl | Jumping High Knees | Air Squat Form | Standing Glute Kickback | Camel Walk Exercise | What Is Barbell Curl | Lower Chest Cable Fly | Benefits of Hand Exercise | Dragon Flag Exercise Benefits
Top Search Terms Fitness
Trapezitis Causes | Mangoes Cause Pimples | Castor Oil for Periods | Best Mudra for White Hair to Black | Balasana Procedure and Benefits | how to do crunches step by step | Skipping Increase Height After 18 | Parvatasana Benefits and Precautions | Dumbbell Pullover Muscles Worked | Seated Row Machine Muscles Worked | Does Jumping Jacks Reduce Belly Fat | How to Increase Creativity in the Brain | Inner Engineering Shambhavi Mahamudra Steps | Different Types of Pranayama and Their Benefits | Supta Vajrasana Steps Benefits and Precautions