Often considered to be the ultimate comfort food, spaghetti is a childhood favorite of almost everyone. Italian food is incomplete without the mention of this noodle-like pasta dish. It's interesting to know that spaghetti recipes have been around since the 5th-century and their popularity increased after its mass production started in Italy in the mid-19th-century. In traditional Italian cuisine, spaghetti recipes are usually served with a tomato sauce enriched with herbs with varieties of cheese sprinkled on top.
What are the benefits of including spaghetti pasta recipes in your meals?
Contrary to popular notions that spaghetti is a rich dish, but when made using healthy recipes with lighter ingredients, spaghetti pasta recipes can offer some great health benefits. These include:
- When you use a whole-wheat variant of pasta in your spaghetti recipes, they become a great source of fibre in your diet. This helps in improving your digestive functions.
- Carbohydrates in wheat spaghetti recipes are a great source of energy. It helps you in feeling energetic and reduces fatigue and exhaustion.
- Spaghetti recipes are a good source of protein. This helps in increasing your muscle mass and strength, is great for your bone health, and boosts your metabolism thats essential for fat burning.
- The proteins in spaghetti pasta helps in reducing cravings that result in overeating. This helps in losing excess weight.
- When made with ingredients like vegetables and sprouts, spaghetti recipe veg provide the necessary nutrients that are essential for preventing diseases and deficiencies.
- Adding a variety of meats to your spaghetti recipes help you in meeting your daily protein needs along with that of minerals and essential fatty acids.
What are some tips for making the best spaghetti recipes every time?
Before we share some of the most delicious spaghetti recipes, here are some tips that will help you in making the most delicious spaghetti every time you try it:
- While boiling the pasta noodles for the spaghetti recipes, make sure that you fill the pan properly. This will help in letting the noodles have enough space to expand and move freely.
- Never put oil in the water in which you are boiling the pasta. This will only make the pasta greasy and will cause the sauce to slip off.
- Salt the noodles well while boiling them. This will help you get a better-tasting pasta.
- To avoid the pasta sticking together, stir the pasta as soon as you drop it in the water. Remember to keep stirring continuously during the cooking process.
- Never dry your pasta. Always drain it so that a bit of water is left. This will avoid the pasta sticking together.
- Add pasta to the sauce and not the other way around to enjoy a better tasting spaghetti recipe.
- Dont throw away all the water in which youve boiled the pasta. Adding it to the sauce will help it stick better and add richness and taste to your spaghetti recipe.
- Adding noodles should be the last step in your spaghetti recipes to avoid letting your pasta become soggy and greasy.
Which are some of the best spaghetti recipes that you can try at home?
Be it spaghetti recipe veg or non-veg, the best part about spaghetti is that it is an uncomplicated dish that has room for creativity. There are endless toppings and spices that can be added to spaghetti recipes that will surprise you each time!
Here are some of the most simple spaghetti recipes that you will absolutely love making at home:
- Tuscan chicken spaghetti:
- This easy chicken spaghetti recipe is to die for and simple to make too!
- Fry chicken breasts and bacon strips for around 6 minutes and season them with salt and pepper.
- In another pan, add garlic, tomatoes, spinach, and heavy cream. Cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the fried chicken and bacon along with fresh basil leaves and Parmesan.
- Add boiled pasta to this and toss well.
- Serve warm garnished with Parmesan.
- Creamy chickpea spaghetti:
- This spaghetti recipe Indians absolutely love for the fun twist of the rustic chickpeas. This spaghetti recipe veg is so easy that even kids can make it.
- Wash and soak chickpeas for 4-5 hours. Pressure cook for 8-10 minutes till cooked. Strain once cooked. Save the water for later use.
- Heat oil and sautÃ© garlic, onions, carrots, celery, and the cooked chickpeas.
- Add cashew paste, boiled pasta, chickpea water, and salt.
- Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes till the pasta gets thick inconsistency.
- Sprinkle rosemary and serve warm.
- spaghetti and meatballs recipe:
- This amazingly flavourful spaghetti and meatballs recipe is loved by kids and adults alike and is quite easy to make too:
- Boil and drain the spaghetti and keep it aside.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, bread crumbs, parsley, egg, parmesan, salt, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Mix and make into balls.
- In a pan, heat oil and add the meatballs to this. Cook for around 10 minutes till they turn brown.
- In another pan, add onions, crushed tomatoes, bay leaf, salt, pepper, and bring to a simmer. Add the meatballs to this and simmer for around 8-10 minutes.
- Mix pasta into this and toss well.
- Top with Parmesan and serve warm.
- Spaghetti Aglio e olio:
- There is hardly anyone who doesnt like this classic spaghetti Aglio e olio recipe. Whats more, this spaghetti recipe is pretty easy to cook too:
- Boil spaghetti for about 10-12 minutes and keep aside.
- Cook garlic in olive oil till it turns golden brown.
- Put the boiled pasta in a pan and add red pepper flakes, black pepper, and salt into it.
- Pour in olive oil, sautÃ©ed garlic, and sprinkle parsley along with a bit of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Toss well.
- Serve the pasta hot garnished with more cheese.
- Pesto spaghetti:
- This pesto spaghetti recipe is one of the most popular spaghetti recipes. Its loved for its bursts of flavour and the ease with which it can be made.
- For the pesto sauce, blend basil leaves, Parmesan, walnuts, pine nuts, salt, olive oil, and garlic cloves.
- For the pasta, add olive oil and garlic cloves along with cherry tomatoes.
- Add the pesto sauce to this and cook for a minute or two.
- Add boiled spaghetti to this.
- Serve hot garnished with mint leaves.
- White sauce spaghetti:
- This white sauce spaghetti recipe is an all-time favourite and is one of the spaghetti recipes that can be cooked within 20 minutes.
- Boil the pasta, strain, and let it cool.
- In a pan, heat olive oil and add chopped garlic along with red and yellow bell peppers, broccoli, parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Add fresh cream and the cooked pasta. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Garnish with cheese and serve hot.
- Spaghetti Arrabbiata:
- The spaghetti arrabbiata recipe is spicy and full of flavours. It is one of the best spaghetti recipes veg that can be rustled up in a jiffy. This vegetarian spaghetti recipe goes well with a glass of wine.
- Boil and drain pasta. Let it cool.
- In a pan, heat olive oil and add onions and garlic. SautÃ© well.
- Add tomatoes, red chilli flakes, basil leaves, salt, and sugar. Add water and cook well till you get a sauce-like consistency.
- Add the cooked pasta to this and toss well. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with shredded cheese and serve hot.