Going to the gym is about getting healthy and strong but it won’t be wrong to say that many people hit the gym to achieve that fashion model look with rock-hard abs, sculpted calves, a slim waist, and a V-shaped back. After all, a better physical appearance can help in boosting self-esteem and confidence.
If you too have been planning to join a gym, way to go. We hope you get the dream body that you wish to achieve. To help you kickstart this journey, we have focused on triceps in this article. Here is a list of exercises you can include in your triceps workout at gym. Read on:
Top Exercises For Tricep Workout
- Cable-Rope Tricep Extensions
Let’s begin with one of the best tricep workouts with cables – cable-rope tricep extensions. Also known as the cable rope triceps pushdown, this exercise can be done on a cable pulley machine with a rope attachment and EZ bar. Here are the steps and benefits of this tricep workout:
How to do it:
- First, arrange the cable pulley machine to the highest level and then stand in front of it.
- Grab the handle with your palms facing outwards. Bend your arms and then tuck them towards your side. Also, take a step backward to move the weight off the stack. During this, your posture should be straight and tall with your feet slightly wider than hip-width apart. You can also bend your knees slightly.
- As you return the handle to the initial position, squeeze your triceps and bend the elbows slightly.
- Pause and repeat.
Sets and Reps: Aim for 3 sets of 10 reps during this triceps workout at gym.
Such tricep workouts with cables help in:
- Building stronger triceps
- Improving grip strength that helps in other workouts too
- Improving your focus on the mind-muscle connection
- Dumbbells Kickbacks
If you want a versatile triceps workout at gym, this is a great option. Dumbbells kickbacks not only target your triceps but also build and increase the size of your upper body muscles like rear deltoids, core, and chest. You can also try dumbbell kickbacks for a triceps workout at gym for beginners. All you need to do is reduce the weights and learn the proper technique to perform it.
How to do it:
- Grab dumbbells in each hand and stand with a slight bend in your knees. Your back should be straight and do not forget to engage the core muscles.
- Now, hold the dumbbell at 90 degrees at the elbow so that you can align your triceps with the back. (Since you only need dumbbells, you can also do this triceps workout at home.
- Lift the dumbbells in an up and back motion and try to straighten your arm. Keep in mind that only your arms should move and your triceps should be still.
- As the weight goes upwards, pause for a second and lower it back to 90 degrees.
Sets and Reps: For beginners, 3-4 sets of 10-15 reps are enough with light weights.
Here are some of the benefits you get by performing this triceps workout at gym:
- They are incredibly effective in improving the size and strength of tricep muscles.
- They also help bodybuilders in their arm strength.
- Dumbbell kickbacks are great for those who want a triceps workout at gym that does not put too much stress on the wrist.
Skullcrushes or lying triceps extensions have to be the best triceps workout at gym. Why? The workout gives rigorous training to your tricep muscles and also builds your upper body strength. But as the name highlights, this is not a triceps workout at gym for beginners. So, perform it only when you have an advanced fitness level or you may get injured. In case you do give it a try, make sure there is a fitness expert around you.
How to do it?
- Begin by lying flat on the bar bench. Fix your feet on the ground.
- Grab the EZ bar’s inner grips with an overhand grip and extend your arms straight up.
- Keep your elbows fixed and tucked in and slowly lower the bar until it is about an inch above your forehead.
- Hold this position for at least two seconds and then extend your arms up to push the bar to the initial position.
Sets and Reps: Aim for 3 sets of 10 reps each.
Below are some benefits you can notice if you perform skull crushers in your triceps workout at gym regularly:
- It builds strength for other workouts such as push-ups and overhead press.
- It targets your triceps and builds the muscles for aesthetic purposes.
- It also develops a strong grip.
- It also improves your performance in athletic and sports activities.
- Tricep Dips
Tricep dips are one of those tricep exercises gym goers can try. The workout uses your entire body weight and thus, if you have weak shoulders, avoid it. and should be avoided by those with weak shoulders.
How to do it:
- Stand facing the parallel bars and then prop yourself up while keeping your torso at 90 degrees to the floor.
- Maintaining this position and bending your knees. You should also cross your ankles.
- Squeeze your core and glutes and move by bending the elbows. Lower your body until your shoulder joints are below your elbows.
- Hold just for a second and push back up to the initial position.
Reps and Sets: Beginners can aim for 2 sets of 8-10 reps and then improve the sets over time.
Here are the benefits you can expect:
- The workout improves sports performance by strengthening the triceps.
- It helps in increasing your body’s stability and balance.
- It can also boost metabolism.
- It can reduce the risk of injury by building stronger muscles.
The Bottom Line
When it comes to tricep exercises, gym goers prefer a workout that isolates triceps from other muscles and puts the whole focus on it. That is why it is important to utilise your time effectively and pick the best triceps workout at gym. The exercises that we have mentioned above tick all these pointers. You can follow them and start building your impressive triceps from today. To know more about the techniques and tips, you can also consult your gym trainer or get online training.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Mayur Asan | Gyan Mudra | Gaumukh Aasan | Balasana Steps | Uttanasana Steps | Apana Vayu Mudra | Parvatasana Yoga | Virasana Benefits | Shalabhasana Benefits | Vakrasana Precautions | Benefits Of Shirshasana | Mango Causes Pimples | Uttanpadasana Steps | Prana Vayu Mudra | Yoni Mudra For Pcos | Benefits Of Bakasana | Diamond Pose Benefits | Mudra For Digestion | Khechari Mudra Steps | Benefits Of Surya Mudra | Padahastasana Meaning | 10 Types Of Pranayama
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Seated Rows | Bent Over Rows | Lying Leg Curls | Cat And Camel | Dragon Exercise | Crunches At Home | Best Brain Exercises | Air Squats Workout | Barbell Curl Biceps | Benefits Of Side Plank | Benefits Of High Knees | Glute Kickback Exercise | Dumbbell Pullover Chest | Low To High Cable Fly | How To Do Sumo Deadlift | Benefits Of Jumping Jacks | Free Hand Exercise Meaning
Top Search Terms Fitness
Trapezitis Symptoms | Benefits Of Mandukasana | Supta Vajrasana Meaning | Parallel Bar Dips Benefits | Benefits Of Ashwini Mudra | Is Skipping Increase Height | Shambhavi Mahamudra Kriya | Dandasana Steps And Benefits | Prithvi Mudra Benefits For Hair | Acupressure Points For Scanty Periods | List Down The Step Of Naukasana With Two Benefits