Short meditation is a type of meditation that is done for fifteen minutes or less. This is mainly for people who get easily distracted or have ADHD problems and struggle to sit for more extended periods. However, short meditation has tons of benefits, and one should do it consistently almost daily to reap the best from it. It is a surprising fact that it is better to perform short meditation than longer ones.Â
How to Perform Short Meditation?
Short meditation is an approach to train the mind and is highly recommended for beginners, as they will find it challenging to sit for hours together with an empty mind. And the first and the only most effortless way to begin meditating is by focusing on the breath through proper inhalation and exhalation techniques. Short meditation is effectively performed stepwise by the following steps.Â
- Sit comfortably on a chair or cushion. One can opt for any medium to sit provided; it is convenient for the performer and makes him/her stay concentrated throughout the entire process.
- Close the eyes, and to stay more focused, experts recommend using eye pillows or eye masks to prevent opening the eyes during the meditation journey.
- Breathe naturally with no extra effort.Â
- Control the breath.
- Focus the entire attention on the breath with every inhalation and exhalation.Â
- Concentrate on the movement of the body as you inhale and exhale. This is to notice the changes in the chest, shoulders, belly and rib cage.
- One should take care that if the mind wanders, he/she should focus back on the breath.
- Start practising this for 2-3 minutes and then gradually increase the time.
Advantages Of Short Meditation
The various advantages of performing short meditation practices are:
- It is the best form of meditation to fit into any busy schedule.Â
- One is not easily distracted with shorter meditations.
- By practising short guided meditation, one is less likely to fall asleep.
- It is easy to perform twice a day due to its shorter durations.
- By doing this, there are fewer chances for people for you to understand and leave you alone.
- It is very comfortable to perform it in any place without having to allot time for it.
- This is the shortest and simplest form of meditation, and it has the power to change the mood and even one's life.Â
- It is sufficient to perform 2-3 minutes of this meditation in a day during busy schedules to open up a world full of new possibilities.Â
Health Benefits of Practicing Short Mediation
Short meditation practices help the body to cope up with several health benefits, namely:
- It develops good feelings for the well-being of a person.
- Short morning meditation helps to lower the heart rate.
- Short guided meditation is seen to improve blood circulation in the whole human system.
- It will lower blood pressure levels effectively.
- Morning meditation decreases the perspiration rate of the body.
- Short sleep meditation lessens anxiety and creates a positive mental frame.
- Mindfulness meditation lowers the cortisol levels in the blood.
- It relaxes the entire system and develops a healthy mind and body.
- Guided meditation reduces stress tremendously and serves as a remedy to all mental problems.
Types of Short Meditation
There are various types of short meditation techniques. They are:
- Short sleep meditation
- Short morning meditation
- Short mindfulness meditation
- Short meditation for kids
- Short guided meditation for kids
- Short meditation for anxiety
- Short guided meditation for sleep
- Short breathing meditation
- Music for meditation through short durations
Guidelines to Perform Short MeditationÂ
The tips mentioned below aim to help one to become an expert in a short meditation. The various dos are:
- Start by practising this for just two minutes.
- Perform short meditation the first thing in the morning.
- Meditate, by your way, without stressing about how to do as per the manual in the beginning practice sessions.
- Always keep in mind how you feel after the meditation session.
- Count the breaths and stay focused.
- Try to develop a loving attitude.
- Get to know yourself more.
- Observe the sounds, light and energy around you.
- Befriend your mind.
- Get to know your body and do a body scan.
- One can perform it anywhere.
- Commit yourself completely.
- Practice it with friends or find a community to see better results.
- Smile when you are done.
The don'ts associated with performing a short meditation are:
- Don't get caught up with where to sit and what to use. Just go ahead with what is comfortable for you.
- Do not worry whether what you are doing is right or wrong. Just go with the flow.
- Do not worry and stress clearing the mind, as this will eventually fall in place with practice.Â
Final WordsShort meditation has its unique benefits, and anyone can start today to see the best results and continue for the rest of their life. Keep in mind not to rush on it by giving ample time for yourself and emphasizing mindfulness. And the purpose of short meditation must be analyzed and then proceeded further by anyone in order to stay inspired and keep doing it even when it is hard.