Want to make an easy yet tasty main course meal? Pick rice and get started. This Indian staple food is known for its versatility and can be used to make a number of healthy recipes. In fact, almost every Indian household makes rice recipes on every day basis. Some of the quick rice recipes take only a few minutes and can give you a wonderful meal. Not just this, you can also prepare delicious dishes with leftover rice recipes. Some rice recipes are also quite low in calories and won't be heavy on your diet plan. Now without wasting much time, let us get started with some of the tastiest and easy rice recipes you can prepare for a main course:
- Fried Rice
You must have tasted this delicious and one of the most famous rice recipes for lunch and dinner. Fried rice is prepared with cooked rice, finely chopped vegetables and seasoning ingredients. It is one of those variety rice recipes that are best enjoyed with Manchurian gravy recipes. Below is the recipe: Cooking Instructions:
- Take a large kadhai and heat 2 tbsp oil in it.
- When the oil gets heated, stir fry clove garlic, onion and spring onion.
- After a while, add chopped vegetables such as carrot, cabbage, peas, beans, and capsicum.
- Now, add a bit of salt and stir fry the vegetables on high flame. This will make them crunchy. However, do not overcook.
- Add soy sauce and vinegar into the vegetables and combine well.
- With high flame, add cooked rice. You can also use leftover rice and turn into one of the leftover rice recipes.
- Add pepper and salt as per taste.
- Toss the rice grains and also add spring onions.
- Your fried rice is ready. Serve it with Gobi Manchurian.
- Mexican Rice Casserole
Let's bring some different rice recipes in the list with Mexican Rice Casserole. If you want to try variety rice recipes, this should be in the menu. Especially if you are looking for simple rice recipes for dinner, this one can be made in minutes with almost zero clean up. Here's the recipe: Cooking Instructions:
- First, preheat the oven to at least 375 degrees F.
- Now, in a large Dutch oven, heat some oil. Add the garlic and onions. SautÃ© for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Lower the heat and add the rice. Keep stirring so that the rice doesn't burn. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Next, add tomatoes, cumin, pepper, cayenne, salt, and turmeric. Mix everything properly and then cook for 2 minutes.
- Finally add the chicken broth and stir the mixture together. Bring it to a boil, and then reduce heat to low.
- Cover, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Top the rice with cheese and then bake with the lid off until the cheese is melted and the rice fully cooked. This will take around 15 minutes
- Serve the Mexican Rice Casserole with chopped cilantro.
- Wok Tossed Rice
Looking for healthy and easy rice recipes? The wok tossed rice recipe is the perfect option This is one of those variety rice recipes that you can prepare in less than 20 minutes! It is also amongst the simple rice recipes that is loved by both kids and grown-ups.
- Start by heating oil in a wok.
- Saut chopped and boiled carrots and beans.
- After 5 minutes, add boiled rice and saut again.
- Add salt and pepper and keep cooking till the rice is hot.
- Garnish with spring onions and enjoy!
- Tomato Rice
After the fast and quick rice recipes, it is time to make something that takes preparation time but is incredibly delicious. One of the most famous rice recipes from Tamil Nadu state, tomato rice is a must-try. It is also known as Thakkali Sadam and is extremely is tasty, healthy, and perfect when you are looking for easy rice recipes for lunch. Read on: Cooking Instructions:
- First take some Basmati rice or any other regular rice and rinse it for a couple of times in water.
- Soak the rice for 20-30 minutes and then drain the water.
- Now, finely chop vegetables such as tomatoes, green chillies, and onions. Also make ginger-garlic paste.
- Since this is one of the rice cooker recipes, you will need a pressure cooker. Heat oil in a cooker and add mustard seeds. After a while, add fenugreek seeds and lightly fry them. The, add the chopped vegetables along with cardamoms, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Saut the vegetables well and then add ginger-garlic paste, curry leaves, and chopped green chillies.
- Saut again, and after a few seconds when the raw smell of ginger and garlic goes away, add chopped mint and coriander leaves.
- Lower the flame and add finely chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, black pepper powder red chilli powder, coriander powder, and cumin powder.
- Mix well and saut until tomatoes soften and become pulpy with oil releasing from the sides.
- In the same mixture, add the cooked rice and gently mix it. Saut for a minute and add water.
- Season the rice with salt and cover the pressure cook tomato rice for 2 whistles on medium flame or about 10 to 11 minutes.
- Remove the lid gently when the pressure settles down on its own.
- Serve the delicious tomato rice with appalams or with a side raita.
The final recipe is one of the healthiest cauliflower rice recipes you can add if you are on a keto diet. Unlike other traditional cauliflower rice recipes, this one contains super low calories and very less carb. Also though it comes under rice recipes, keto cauliflower lemon rice does not contain the regular rice. Read on to know how to prepare it:
- Firstly, cut cauliflower into florets and soak in salt water for 30 minutes. Later, grate and squeeze all the water and spread the florets on a paper to get rid of extra moisture.
- Chop green chillies and the onions.
- Now, heat oil in a pan.
- Add chana dal and saut until it turns golden. Now, add mustard seeds and heeng.
- After a few seconds, add onions and turmeric powder. Saut it onions become translucent and till turmeric cooks through.
- Add curry leaf and green chilli. Cook for a while and add cauliflower and salt.
- Mix everything well and cover the lid. Cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Once cooked, squeeze 1 whole lemon and check seasoning.
- Serve keto cauliflower lemon rice hot.
Â What More? In case you are still not over with rice recipes, we have jotted down some more rice recipes for you. From breakfast rice recipes to lunch rice recipes, you will find everything in this short list. Take a look at these assorted rice recipes and get ready to try them all:
You can easily find these rice recipes online. And if you are someone who loves experimenting, take the chances and make new rice recipes by adding more flavors and veggies. With people becoming more and more healthy conscious, you can also try rice recipes that are low in calories and are a healthy option for the main course.