12 Ways to Prevent Cancer
According to the WHO, 30-50% of all cancer cases in the world are preventable. Prevention is undoubtedly the most cost-effective long-term strategy for the control of cancer. This makes the need to raise awareness about avoiding the risk factors and causes a very critical component in cancer prevention.
Apart from having an active lifestyle and eating nutritious food, a healthy lifestyle also means you need to maintain a healthy weight, avoid tobacco, limit the amount of alcohol consumed, and make sure your skin is protected from the harsh cancer causing UV rays.
+ Steps & Lifestyle Changes that help in reducing the Risk of Cancer
1. Do not Smoke or use any form of Tobacco.
2. Avoid Passive Smoking.
3. Maintain a Healthy Body Weight.
4. Be Physically Active.
5. Eat a Healthy Diet.
6. Limit Alcohol Intake.
7. Avoid Excessive Exposure to Sun and Ultraviolet Radiation.
8. Avoid Cancer-causing substances in the Workplace.
9. Reduce Exposure to High Radon Levels.
10. Favour Breastfeeding and Limit the use of Hormone Replacement Therapy.
11. Vaccinate Newborn babies against Hepatitis B and Girls against Human Papilloma Virus.
12. Take part in organized Cancer Screening Programs for Bowel, Breast and Cervical Cancer.