DR. NISHITA RANKA
MD, DDVL (Dermatology)
Consultant Dermatologist, Skin & Hair Aesthetic Specialist
Hair Care Tips for the Summer
Staying at home can be a good way to take care of those tresses and give them some styling/chemical-free time. Let your hair be!
Follow these simple tips to give your hair the healthy shine it deserves:
1. Wash your hair with a good sulfate-free shampoo, use a medicated anti-dandruff one if needed.
2. Follow every shampoo up with a good conditioner, it’s important to use a conditioner to replenish natural oils lost during shampooing.
3. Wash your hair with either Lukewarm/cold water. Washing with hot water can cause dryness and damage.
4. Do not use hair dryers routinely as they end up drying your hair and may cause damage in the long run.
5. Never comb wet hair! Wait for the hair to dry naturally before you comb them. (Hair washing doesn’t cause hair fall, it’s the combing of wet hair that does.)
6. Always use a wide-toothed comb first to remove the tangles and then use your regular comb. Make sure the teeth of the comb aren’t too sharp, try the handmade combs with softer teeth.
7. Hair oiling is just another way of conditioning. Skip hair oil if you have oily skin, are prone to breakouts or have dandruff.
8. Have a protein-rich diet for healthy hair. Include more green leafy vegetables and fruits in your diet, especially the more colored fruits, and vegetables.
9. Add a few almonds and cashews in your diet. Also adding a little bit of iron, like Jaggery will also help.
10. Keep the conditioner for at least 2-3 mins before rinsing it off.