Nearly 1 out of 4 people in the world have weak eyesight. That is how common the issue of weak eyesight is on a global level. And as if the reasons of weak eyesight were not enough before, now the modern lifestyle has put more risk of losing our perfect eyesight. Continuous watching of TV and mobile screens, pollution, unhealthy lifestyle and such other causes are becoming a part of our daily lives and hence, affecting our eyesight vision on a regular basis. If not taken care of in time, such factors can lead to various eye-related issues. Below we have jotted down the most common causes of weak eyesight and the steps you can take to improve your eyesight vision accordingly. Let's begin:
- Too Much Screen Time
Spending long hours on a computer screen or using your smartphone for a long time often leads to dry eyes, blurry vision. You may even feel eyes watering or straining due to the constant exposure of the light from such devices.
What To Do For Improving Vision?
While you cannot get away from the phone and computers completely, especially if your occupation requires these devices, there are always various steps you can take to protect your normal eyesight. Some of these steps are:
- Wear screen protection glasses while using the phone or laptops
- Limit your screen time and monitor them
- Take regular breaks every twenty minutes and look away from the screen.
- You can also try simple exercises such as blinking slowly ten times to lubricate your eyes.
- Lack of Nutrients
One of the most common reasons of weak eyesight is the lack of nutrition. This is especially the case with kids who do not eat a proper diet. Some studies also show that nutritional deficiencies can lead to weak eyesight and even blindness. You need vitamins and nutrients such as Vitamin A, Lutein, Zeaxanthin, Omega-3 Fatty Acids, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Zinc, etc to promote perfect eyesight.
What To Do For Improving Eyesight?
Ask any doctor how to get good eyesight, and they will ask you to eat your veggies properly. That is what you have to do, especially to ensure you do not lack nutrients that can lead to weak eyesight. Here are some of the important food items you must include in your diet for improving eyesight:
- Vitamin A: Eggs, oily fish, milk, liver, sweet potato, kale, and spinach
- Lutein and Zeaxanthin: Spinach, swiss chard, parsley, pistachios, and green peas
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Oily fish and supplements
- Vitamin C: Bell peppers, citrus fruits, guavas, kale, and broccoli
- Vitamin E: Almonds, sunflower seeds, and vegetable oils
- Zinc: Oysters, meat, pumpkin seeds, and peanuts
- Older Age
In the list of reasons of weak eyesight, ageing has to be included. It is one of the most natural and often inevitable causes of weak eyesight. This is because many low vision cases occur due to age-related macular degeneration (AMD), diabetes and glaucoma. With time, the vision can get blurry and impact your ability to see fine details.
What to do For Improving Eyesight?
Improving vision is not an easy task. Though you can opt for weak eyesight treatment, it only delays vision loss and does not cure AMD. To make sure weak eyesight does not impact you earlier as you age, you can take the following steps:
- Schedule regular eye exams to make sure you can detect issues like AMD earlier and get proper eyesight treatment. For this, you can search for an ophthalmologist near me and schedule an appointment.
- Have a proper diet and perform eye exercises on a daily basis.
- Start using eyeglasses early on if you have blurry vision.
- Medical Conditions
Just like old age, some medical conditions can also affect your normal eyesight and deteriorate it over time. Some of these can be cancer of the eye, brain injury, eye disorders like retinitis pigmentosa. Such medical conditions can increase your risk of having a weak vision.
What Can You Do For Improving Eyesight?
The best way for improving vision when you have such medical conditions is to get eyesight treatment as soon as possible. For this, you need to consult a doctor as soon as you notice any of the symptoms. You can also consult a doctor if you get any of the medical conditions and reduce your risk factors for improving eyesight.
Mostly when we talk about smoking, eye issues don't come to mind as the first thing. It is important to understand that while the heart and lungs get highly affected by smoking, your normal eyesight also gets harmfully affected. Smoking increases your chances of age-related macular degeneration (AMD), glaucoma, dry eye, and cataracts. In addition to this, smoking also reduces the number of antioxidants that are important for perfect eyesight.
What Can You Do To Maintain Your Normal Eyesight?
Quitting smoking is the best way to save your eyesight. You can talk to a doctor to learn ways to say no to smoking. Along with that, you should also follow good lifestyle habits such as healthy eating, minimal screen time, and regular eye tests for improving eyesight. If you cannot go to the doctor, you can also opt for online doctor consultation for tips and knowledge about weak eyesight treatment.
Extra Tips For Improving Eyesight
If you still want more tips on how to get good eyesight, we have jotted down more tips. You can adopt these for improving eyesight and have a healthy vision:
- Get Enough Sleep: Resting your eyes for hours is a great way to rejuvenate them after a long day of studying, working or the whole day of visual activity.
- Exercise For a Healthy Vision: You should perform exercise regularly for your entire body, including the eyes. This will improve blood circulation and support eye health for improving vision.
- Avoid Rubbing Your Eyes: Rigorous rubbing of eyes may lead to damage in the eyesight. It can also expose your eyes to bacteria and germs that may be on your hands.
- Stay Away From Expired Eye Products: Whether it is contact lenses or eye mascara, make sure you do not use the product that is expired. These can cause a lot of damage to your vision.
- Exposure To Sunlight: Harmful UV rays are not harmful just for your skin but to the eyes too. Wear sunglasses when you go out and reduce your risk of eye damage.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Vipassana | Vajroli Mudra | Balayam Yoga | Balasana Yoga | Gomukhasana Yoga | Bakasana Yoga | Mudra For Stomach Pain | Benefits Of Surya Namaskar For Weight Loss | Bhujang Asana Is Good For Improving | Steps Of Padmasana | Uttanasana Pose | Mantra For Mental Peace | Vakrasana Meaning | What Is Yoni Mudra | Best Mudra For White Hair To Black | About Padahastasana | Gyan Mudra Asana | Steps Of Shambhavi Mahamudra | Scorpio Asana | Best Yoga For Blood Circulation | Mandukasana Precautions | Mudra Elements | Benefits Of Doing Halasana
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Air Squates | Box Jumps Exercise | Bicep Exercises With Dumbbells At Home | Lunges Exercise Meaning | Barbell Sumo Deadlift | Dumbbell Kickback Exercise | How To Get Chiseled Body | Superman Exercise Variations | Side To Side Plank Benefits | Benefits Of Diamond Pose | Does Skipping Increase Weight | Hrithik Roshan Fitness Routine | Abs Dragon Flag | Windshield Wiper Ab Exercise | How To Do Archer Push Up | Exercises To Boost Creativity
Search Terms For Fitness
Different Types Of Pranayama And Benefits | Kesari Mudra Benefits | Half Peacock Pose | Chaturanga Yoga Meaning | How To Do Yoga Nidra At Home | Yoga Poses For Anger Management | Mudra Apana Vayu | Yogamudrasana Benefits | Is Yin Yoga Good For Weight Loss | Kriya Yoga Blog | Parvatasana Definition | In Makarasana The Body Looks Like