What are chubby cheeks and why do you get them?
Though chubby cheeks make your face look suppler and healthier, they may be an underlying sign of excess body weight.
Though one should always have a positive body image and work towards being healthy, chubby cheeks often cause a lack of confidence amongst some people. Most of us like our face to be well-structured with chiselled features, which includes cheeks that aren’t flabby.
Before we talk about how to reduce the chubbiness in your cheeks through cheek thinning exercises, it’s important to know what causes cheek fat. Here are some of the most common causes:
- Genetics play a role in cheek fat. If your parents or siblings have well-rounded cheeks, there are chances that you might have those too.
- If you have gained a few pounds, the fat gets deposited on the sides of your face.
- Lack of cheek fat exercises and leading a sedentary life also add up to having a fuller face.
- Ageing also plays a role in you having chubby cheeks. As you age, your muscles lose their strength and elasticity. This gives your face a drooping or flabby appearance.
- When you consume an unhealthy diet with excessive carbs or fats, it leads to excess weight deposit on your face.
- When your cheek fat is not due to weight-related reasons, it could be due to excessive consumption of alcohol or salt. Both these things cause dehydration that makes your body hold on to the fluids. This fluid retention often leads to puffiness.
- Fat on the face may at times be the result of hormonal balance-related weight gain.
- Having a large facial bone structure also leads to the appearance of fuller and well-rounded cheeks.
How are chubby cheeks treated?
The treatment of chubby cheeks depends on the underlying cause. Usually, it includes:
- Losing weight by maintaining a healthy lifestyle and consuming a well-balanced diet.
- In case your facial fat is due to a hormonal imbalance, you need to get that treated first.
- Reducing your intake of sodium and alcohol.
- Melting of facial fat permanently using ultrasound technology. This procedure is known as liposuction that involves the melting of fat and heating of the collagen to help tighten the skin.
However, one of the most holistic ways to reduce facial fat is through chubby cheeks exercises.
What are chubby cheeks exercises?
As the name suggests, chubby cheeks exercises are those exercises that are aimed at reducing the fat on your cheeks. These cheek thinning exercises may either be specific to your facial area or may also involve cardio exercises that aim at reducing your overall weight.
What are the benefits of facial exercises to lose cheeks fat?
Here are some of the most important benefits of chubby cheeks exercises:
- Cheek fat exercises help in giving your face a well-structured look and a chiselled shape.
- By improving the contours of your face exercises to reduce cheek fat help in improving your confidence.
- Facial exercises to reduce cheek fat not help you lose fat from the face, but also strengthen your muscles. Strong muscles prevent premature ageing.
Which are 5 of the best chubby cheeks exercises?
Here are some of the best chubby cheeks exercises that you can include in your daily routine for a leaner face.
- Cheekbone lift: This is one of the most effective chubby cheeks exercises that help in defining your cheekbones and making your cheeks thinner.
- Sit in a comfortable position and place your fingers over each cheekbone.
- Slowly lift your skin until it feels taut.
- Open your mouth to form an ‘O’.
- You should feel a stretch in your cheek muscles while doing so.
- Hold the pose for 5 seconds.
- Return to the starting position.
- Brow Lift: This is one of the best cheek exercises to reduce fat that not just makes your cheeks well-shaped but also improves the contours of your face.
- Sit in a comfortable position and put your index and middle finger over your brows.
- Your fingers should be in a closed peace sign.
- Gently push your skin down.
- Lift your brows up and down while resisting with the pull of your fingernails.
- Repeat 10-15 times.
- Cheek Puff: This is a simple yet effective chubby cheeks exercise that strengthens your cheek muscles with regular practice.
- Sit in a comfortable position and puff your cheeks with air.
- Move air from one cheek to the other.
- Hold the air in one cheek for at least 5-6 seconds before moving it to the other cheek.
- Release the air making a big ‘O’ with your mouth.
- Duck Face: This is a simple, fun, and very effective cheek exercise to reduce fat. It works by strengthening and toning the centre-most muscles of your cheeks and is one of the best exercises to lose cheek fat fast.
- Sit in a comfortable position and pucker up your lips.
- Now open and close your mouth.
- Push your lips outward and tense your face to feel a stretch on your muscles.
- Fish Face: This classic face exercise has been done since years to help people get well-toned faces.
- Sit comfortably and suck in your cheeks.
- Pucker your lips and tilt your head back to gaze at the ceiling.
- Hold the pose for 10-15 seconds and return to the starting position.
Besides the above-mentioned exercises, cardio exercises also help in losing face fat. They offer a great full-body workout that helps in burning calories. This in turn helps you reduce those layers of fat on your face. These cardio exercises to reduce cheek fat include:
- Running; Running works as a superb chubby cheeks exercise that helps you burn calories by getting your heart rate up and challenging your muscles. For better results, try running in intervals.
- Lift weights: This is a great cheek exercise to reduce fat that increases the strength in your body’s muscles including that of the face.
Besides all these exercises to lose cheek fat fast, remember that losing fat from your face, like any other part of your body, requires many lifestyle changes. These include avoiding stress, eating a well-balanced diet, and staying active.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Mayur Aasan | Aswini Mudra | Bakasana Benefits | Balasana Yoga | Salabhasana Steps | Uttanpad Aasan | Naukasana Benefits | Types of Pranayam | Surya Namaskar Mudra | Vayu Mudra for Gas | Shambhavi Mudra steps | Benefits of Yoni Mudra | Benefits of Vajrasana | Benefits of Gyan Mudra | Benefits of Veerasana | Benefits of Dandasana | Benefits of Uttanasana | Benefits of Parvatasana | Benefits of Gomukhasana | Benefits of Prana Mudra | Benefits of Padahastasana
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Dragon flags | Kickbacks Workout | Dumbell Pullover | Cat Camel Pose | Bent-Over Row | Bar Dips Exercise | Cable Chest Fly | Leg Curl Benefits | Air Chair Squat | Barbell Curl Benefits | Side Plank Exercise | Seated Row Exercise | Sumo Deadlift Benefits | Best Brain Exercise | Skipping increase Height | Jumping Jacks Benefits | Free Hand Exercise Benefits | High Knees Exercise Benefits
Top Search Terms Fitness
Trapezitis meaning | Does Mango cause Pimples | Benefits of Khechari Mudra | How to do Crunches at Home | Benefits of Supta Vajrasana | Benefits of doing Shirshasana | Apan Vayu Mudra Blood Pressure | Prithvi Mudra for Hair Growth | Vakrasana Steps, Benefits and Precautions | Mandukasana Benefits and Precautions | How to use Castor Oil for Irregular Periods