Minimize & Stop Hair Loss
Hair often referred to as “crowning glory” is a major part of an individual’s personality. Be it a man or woman, their hair is their style statement. So when one has Hair falling out or is suffering from Hair Fall it is a troublesome issue for them, causing worry and affecting their self-esteem. However, once the cause of hair fall is diagnosed, you can arrest hair fall with many natural home remedies including fruits and vegetables. Read on to know about hair fall, Hair Fall Reasons and Remedies.
Types of Hair Fall
Hair Fall is of many types, depending on their severity. The types of Hair Fall are:
1. Involutional Alopecia: This is a natural hair fall condition happening with advancing age. The hair gradually thin and fall with age as more hair follicles go into the resting phase.
2. Androgenic Alopecia: This type of hair fall is a genetic condition. It affects both men and women. In men, it is called “male pattern baldness” and in females “female pattern baldness”. It can start as early as teens or in the early 20s.
3. Alopecia Areata: This type of hair fall suddenly starts and is characterized by hair loss in patches and may result in complete baldness. It can occur in both children and adults.
4. Alopecia Universalis: In this type of hair fall, a person loses hair from throughout the body including the eyelashes, eyebrows, etc.
5. Trichotillomania: This type of hair fall is found mostly in children. It is associated with a psychological disorder, due to which one pulls one’s own hair.
6. Telogen Effluvium: This is temporary hair fall or hair thinning occurring due to change in the growth cycle of hair.
7. Scarring Alopecias: This permanent hair loss due to many skin conditions such as cellulitis, folliculitis, acne, or other skin disorders such as lupus and lichen planus. These disorders often leave scars, so destroy the regenerative ability of hair.
Causes for Hair Fall
Hair fall can be caused by many reasons such as:
1. Nutritional deficiencies: Essential nutrients like proteins, iron, zinc, and copper can lead to hair fall. Vitamin D deficiency is another major cause of hair fall.
2. Hormonal Imbalance: Hormonal imbalance especially in females after the age of 30 is one of the main reasons for hair fall. Hormonal imbalance is caused by excessive DHT (dihydrotestosterone) conversion. Women as they reach a certain age, start to convert androgens such as DHEA and testosterone to DHT, resulting in a hormone imbalance.
3. PCOS (Polycystic ovary syndrome): Females who have PCOS or Polycystic ovary syndrome have more than normal amount of androgens causing hormonal imbalance. This results in hair fall of scalp hair and hair growth on other parts of the body such as the face.
4. Skin Disorders: Certain skin disorders such as lupus or lichen planus also lead to hair fall.
5. Thyroid: Thyroid gland located in the front of the neck, when it produces excess or insufficient thyroid hormone, then it causes the hair growth cycle to change. This results in hair fall, weight gain etc.
6. Stress: Stress or tension can cause rapid hair fall which can go on for several months, till stress is minimized.
7. Birth Control Pills/medicines: Birth control pills have hormones to suppress ovulation. Suppressing ovulation can cause hair thinning leading to hair fall.
8. Medical conditions: Certain medical conditions also cause hair to fall. Medical conditions or illness can lead to stress or hormonal imbalance causing hair fall.
9. Ageing: As you age, your hair growth rate slows down. Hair strands lose less pigment, become shorter, grey and thinner. This leads to hair fall.
10. Genetics: Sometimes hair fall or hair loss is due to genetic reasons. This could be from any parent’s side.
11. Hairstyling treatments/products: Hair styling treatments or products have chemicals, which may harm the hair. These products range from shampoos to dyes and can contain Sodium lauryl sulphate (SLS). SLS has a toxic effect which can cause hair to fall.
Treatment for Hair Fall
Effective hair fall solution is available for certain types of hair losses. Hair loss can be reversed or at least slow it. Patchy hair loss can be treated and hair will grow within a year. Medication and surgery are a few solutions for hair damage.
1. Medications to treat Hereditary Baldness
- Minoxidil: This slows the rate of hair loss and is an effective hair fall solution.
- Finasteride: Mainly prescribed for men, it slows hair damage and also shows new hair growth.
2. Hair Transplant Surgery
In most cases of permanent hair loss, only the top of the head is affected. A hair transplant surgery involves removing hair from a part where there is hair and transplanting it to a bald spot
3. Laser therapy
Low-level laser therapy irradiates photons into scalp tissues where they are absorbed by weak cells and encourage hair growth. It is considered to be a safe, tolerable, and less invasive procedure than getting a hair transplant surgery.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Bakasana | Balasana | Surya Mudra | Shambhavi Mudra | Ashwini Mudra | Yoni Mudra | Prithvi Mudra Benefits | Vayu Mudra | Parvatasana | Khechari Mudra Benefits | Padahastasana Benefits| Mandukasana | Gomukhasana | Prana Mudra Benefits | Gyan Mudra Benefits | Mayurasana | Dandasana| Benefits of Makarasana | Uttanasana Benefits | Yoga Nidra Benefits| Apan Vayu Mudra Benefits | Halasana | Yoga Mudrasana Benefits | Balayam Yoga Benefits| Vrischikasana Benefits | Padmasana Benefits | Kriya Yoga Benefits | Vipassana Meditation Benefits
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Air Squats | Superman Exercise Benefits | Sumo Deadlift | Side Plank Benefits | Does Skipping Increase Height | Chiseled Body | Hrithik Roshan Workout Routine | Dragon Flag | 5 Brain Exercises | Kickbacks Exercise | Box Jumps | Walking Lunges Benefits | Windshield Wipers Exercise Benefits | Dumbbell Workout for Beginners | Push up Alternatives
Top Search Terms For Fitness
Best Mantra for Meditation | Types of Pranayama and Benefits | Vakrasana Steps, Benefits and Precautions | Bhujang Asana Is Good for Improving | Yoga Asanas for Blood Circulation | Yoga in Bed for Weight Loss | Yoga for Anger Management | Vajrasana Benefits for Male