Flat feet can happen at any age for various reasons. It might be genetics or even an injury. Whatever the cause of your flat feet, it is going to affect your mechanics. Hence, it is advised that you should do exercises to correct flat feet.
Flat foot exercises are not like the most common exercises that you do in your gym. You do not need much strength or even flexibility to do a flat feet workout. If you have developed flat feet and are looking for how to do flat feet treatment exercises, you have reached the right place.
In this article, we are going to discuss flat foot exercises that will help you treat the problem. We have jotted down the benefits of doing flat foot strengthening exercises, how to do these flat feet exercises, and much more. Follow this guide and you will be able to easily do flat foot treatment exercises even as a beginner.
Benefits Of Flat Foot Exercises
Here is a list of benefits that you get by doing flat foot correction exercises:
- Flat foot pain relief exercises help you maintain flexibility in your feet and keep rigidity at bay.
- You can manage or prevent foot pain by doing foot strengthening exercises for flat feet.
- Flat foot strengthening exercises can potentially rebuild your misaligned foot arches.
- A foot flat exercise can improve the balance of your body and reduce the chances of injuries.
- When you do flat foot cure exercise, you also improve your foot coordination while doing activities like walking and jogging.
- Foot strengthening exercises for flat feet can help you with overpronation prevention.
- By doing flat foot correction exercises, you reduce the chances of aggravation of foot problems like neuropathy.
The Best Exercises For Flat Feet
There are various foot exercises for flat feet that can help you in increasing the intrinsic strength of ankle muscles and foot muscles. When you develop strong muscles with these flat feet treatment exercises, you also become able to support the arch and reduce the pain. Here are 3 best exercises for flat feet:
- Arch Lift
This is an efficient exercise to cure flat foot that engages those muscles of your feet that support the foot arch. At first, you will have difficulty while coordinating with flat feet but you will get habitual once you keep doing the exercise. Here is how you can add arch lift to your flat foot exercises treatment:
- Sit on a chair, keep your feet on the floor, and ensure that the heels and balls of your feet stay in touch with the ground throughout the arch lift.
- Try to lift the middle part of your foot, making an upside-down “U” shape with the foot.
- Hold this pose for about 5 seconds and then repeat the same foot exercises 10 to 15 times.
- Once you become comfortable with the arch lift, you can try the exercise while standing or even single leg standing.
- Windshield Wiper
The windshield wiper is counted amongst one of the best flat foot exercises as it can engage the two primary shin muscles that support the arch of your foot. If you add this exercise to your home workout, you will end up with strong shin muscles and an improved range of motion. Here is a step-by-step guide that will help you add windshield wiper to your flat feet exercises workout:
- Sit with a straight spine on the edge of a bed or a chair.
- Ensure that your heel stays free while sitting on the chair as you will need to move the ankle.
- Now, move the toes away from your body and towards the shin at the same time.
- Hold this pose for a second and then return to the central position, keeping your toes pointed.
- Bring your toes again towards the shin and towards your body instead of moving away from it.
- Again, hold this pose for a second and then return to the central position, keeping your toes pointed.
- Repeat these moves, making a “U” shaped windshield piper.
- Seated Ankle Pumps
Seated ankle pumps are counted as one of the top flat foot exercises as it doesn’t just stretch your foot muscles but also increase the blood circulation to your legs. Here is a step-by-step guide that will help you add seated ankle pumps to your flat foot exercises treatment:
- Sit with a straight spine on the edge of a bed or a chair.
- Keep your feet on the ground at a hip-wide distance to each other.
- Keep the toes and midfoot in touch with the ground while lifting your heels off.
- Hold this pose for a second and then return to the position where you start the exercise.
- Now, keep your heels in touch with the ground while lifting your toes off.
- Hold this pose for a second and then return again to the position where you start the exercise.
- Do 10 to 15 reps of seated ankle pumps for 2 to 3 sets total.
Tips For Arch Flat Foot Exercises
Here is a list of some tips that will help you get the best out of flat foot treatment exercises:
- Keep a foot flat exercise added to your lower body workout even after you have completely recovered. The flat foot cure exercise will help you in increasing the range of motion of your leg.
- Do slow movements in foot exercises for flat feet so that you can reduce the risk of injuries while doing the flat feet workout.
- Always start arch flat foot exercises with a very low range of motion. This helps foot cramping prevention.
Summing It Up - Flat Foot Exercises
You do not necessarily need to do all of these exercises to correct flat feet. You can try multiple exercises at first and then stick to only those flat foot pain relief exercises that offer you the best results. Just ensure that you maintain the right form of exercise to cure flat foot to get quicker results.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
salabhasana | leg raise pose | hero pose | yogic sleep | suptha vajrasana | trapezitis exercise | upavistha konasana | meditation facts | side stretch pose | half moon pose | siddhasana benefits | baddha padmasana | what is jnana yoga | yoga spiritual meaning | yoga poses for butt | yoga for flat stomach | hatha yoga benefits | yoga anulom vilom | benefits of navasana | benefits of naukasana | benifits of trikonasana | salabhasana Yoga benefits | benefits of garudasana | chakrasana steps for beginners | mind peace meditation |
Top Search Terms For Exercises
hops workout | How to Do Sumo | standing leg curl | some free hand exercise | hand fat burn exercise | exercise for knock knee | chest and back workout | pullover exercise for chest | benefits of bicycle crunches | cable fly for upper chest | upper lower middle chest | advanced chest workout | how to do lateral lunges | how to do a split in 30 days |
Top Search Terms Fitness
nutrients for beard growth | reading is a good habit | shanmukhi mudra precautions | bow and arrow pose bodybuilding | back exercises with dumbbells | best standing exercises for belly fat | how many limbs are there in raja yoga? | best cardio exercise to lose belly fat | revolved triangle pose benefits | list of foods to eat when trying to lose weight |how to grow mustache faster at home naturally | benefits of jumping jacks for weight loss |