What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile Dysfunction is the inability in man to get and keep a firm erection enough for satisfactory sexual intercourse. It is reported that 1 out of 5 men suffer from this condition and is the most common sexually related issues faced by men. It is progressive and it encompasses several conditions of sexual and reproductive health. Erectile Dysfunction can occur at any age and is more significant in older men. It needs to be treated as it may have a profound effect on relationships and can have psychological consequences that may affect self-esteem. Sometimes, men with Erectile Dysfunction may have a healthy libido, but the physical response may fail which may result in developing a physical basis for the problem.
Erectile Dysfunction Symptoms
Achieving erection involves a highly complex process that factors in nerve impulse from the brain to the genital muscles, hormones, and blood circulation. Any issues that interfere with these impulses may result in Erectile Dysfunction. Your mental health plays an important role as much as your physical health. Any mental stress or anxiety may slow down your sexual response and may cause dysfunction. The symptoms associated with Erectile Dysfunction include the following:
- Being able to get erections sometimes but not always when you want to have sexual intercourse with your partner.
- You are able to get an erection, but it does not last long enough for sex.
- If you are having low self-esteem, chronic depression, or loss of interest in activities, you enjoy the most.
If Erectile Dysfunction becomes a regular problem and is hindering your daily routine, you may contact a Sexologist.
Who is at Risk?
Erectile Dysfunction can be an early sign or warning for other serious health issues. Diagnosing and finding out the reason for Erectile Dysfunction will be vital for your overall wellbeing. It can result from emotional stress and other health conditions. Some of the known Risk Factors involved are:
- If you are getting older or being over 50 years of age.
- If you are having high blood sugar.
- If you have psychological conditions including anxiety and stress.
- If you are having cardiovascular diseases or have high blood cholesterol levels.
- If you are under medication for high blood pressure or anti-depressants.
- Frequent use of tobacco, smoking, and excess use of alcohol.
- If you are overweight and lack regular exercise.
- Any injury that might have damaged the nerves or arteries which is contributing to this factor.
Age is a Major Risk Factor that is indirectly associated with other Risk Factors in having Erectile Dysfunction. However, Risk Factor identification and prevention can have a long way in Erectile Dysfunction treatment.
Erectile Dysfunction Causes
There are various causes of Erectile Dysfunction. Many factors responsible for affecting your vascular, nervous, and endocrine system may finally result in Erectile Dysfunction. Here are some of the common causes of Erectile Dysfunction, which may be divided further into Psychological and Physical causes:
- Psychological Causes:
- Poor relationship and communication with your partner
- Excessive usage of alcohol, smoking, and drug
- Anxiety, stress, fatigue, and depression.
- Physical or organic causes:
- Injury to the pelvic area
- Neurological diseases
- Obesity and hypertension
- Diabetes and heart disease
- Lower urinary tract symptoms
- Prostate cancer treatment
- High cholesterol levels
- Drug-induced and hormonal-induced disorders
- Kidney disease
- Spinal cord injury
Drugs used to treat other health concerns may result in drug side effects that may trigger Erectile Dysfunction. A proper diagnosis along with an Erectile Dysfunction test is to be considered for a multi-pronged approach for this treatment.
How is Erectile Dysfunction Diagnosed?
Erectile Dysfunction is easy to diagnose as you may talk to your Sexologist freely and without any hesitation. He or She may recommend several tests including blood or urine test to determine or rule out other conditions. The diagnosis for Erectile Dysfunction may include the following procedures:
- The medical history of the patient may reveal several conditions or illnesses that might throw some light on the present condition.
- Physical examination: It may help find systematic problems, for instance:
- Unusual characteristics of the penis might suggest that the patient might suffer from impotence.
- Secondary sex characteristics might suggest the involvement of the endocrine system which may lead to Erectile Dysfunction.
- Blood circulatory problems and nerve damage may also suggest future chances of having Erectile Dysfunction.
- Laboratory Tests: Many lab tests may help in identifying and diagnosing Erectile Dysfunction. Some of the tests that the patient undergo during a Lab test are given below:
- Measuring testosterone levels may help determine any hormonal imbalances which are hugely linked to sexual desire.
- Total blood cell count, cholesterol, and lipid profile test, blood sugar level test, liver function test can be done for further analysis.
- Psychological examination: Checking psychological factors might reveal so many details affecting physical performance levels. Examining the patient’s partner for further investigation may reveal several details regarding the perceptions and expectations during sex.
- Ultrasound Test: It will be performed by a specialist as it involves handling of certain device like the transducer. It is held over the blood vessels that supply the penis during an erection. It will help the doctor to deduce whether the patient has any issues related to blood flow. It is sometimes done with an injection of medication before the ultrasound to check how the blood flows during an erection.
How is Erectile Dysfunction treated?
There is no readymade Erectile Dysfunction cure for all. However, making a few lifestyle changes works with most men. Maintaining a healthy weight, reducing alcohol intake, and stopping smoking and exercising on a regular basis will help in improving blood flow thus contributing to your Erectile Dysfunction treatment naturally. Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction also involves medications including oral and injections, hormone replacement therapy, usage of vacuum devices to assist erection, penile implants, and even surgery. Talk to our Cure.fit Sexologists to help determine the best effective treatment procedure for your condition. Your specific treatment for Erectile Dysfunction may depend on several factors including, medical history, age, and other health conditions apart from the extent of the disease. Cure.fit Sexologists provide online doctor consultation at the comfort of your home. You will have access to experienced and qualified doctors for a one-on-one session to resolve your problems. Get your digitized reports along with the prescription of Erectile Dysfunction medicine from our Sexologists in no time.
How can Erection Dysfunction be avoided?
Some of the best steps towards reducing the risks of Erectile Dysfunction are:
- Quit smoking and drinking.
- Maintain a healthy diet and eat nutritious foods.
- Exercise regularly and reduce extra weight.
- Reduce stress and anxiety.
- Have regular health check-ups with your physician.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Balayam Benefits | Vipassana Technique | Scorpion Pose Benefits | Uttanasana Steps | Cobra Pose Benefits | Benefits of Vajrasana | Shambhavi Mahamudra Kriya | Ashwini Mudra Steps | Pranayama Types and Benefits | Yoni Mudra for Pcos | Best Mudra for Hair Regrowth | Padmasana Yoga Steps | Vayu Mudra for Acidity | What Is Parvatasana | Benefits of Bakasana | Benefits of Khechari Mudra | Pada Hastasana | yoga twist poses | Mandukasana Yoga | cow face pose | Suryamudra | Prana Mudra Precautions | Best Mudra for Anxiety | Mayurasana Steps and Benefits | Benefits of Staff Pose | Balasana Information | Crocodile Pose Asana | Yoga Nidra Technique
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Proper Air Squat Form | Superman Workout Benefits | Benefits of Deadlift | Side Plank Exercise | Standing Tricep Kickbacks | Box Jump Equipment | Overhead Walking Lunges | Windshield Wiper Exercise Benefits | Best Beginner Dumbbell Workout | How to Do Archer Push Ups
Top Search Terms For Fitness
Does Rope Skipping Increase Height | Chiseled Male Body | Hrithik Roshan Daily Routine | Dragon Exercise | How to Increase Creativity in the Brain | Anger Yoga | Apan Mudra | Halasana Information | Benefits of Yoga Mudrasana |Yoga for Good Blood Circulation | Yin Yoga for Weight Loss | Kriya Yoga Learn | Mantra Meditation