What are cheek exercises?
Just like a well-toned body is deemed to be healthy, the same goes for your face too. A contoured and chiselled face minus any flab is a sign of a healthy body that is at its optimum weight level.
Did you know that your face is made up of 57 muscles? When we do so many exercises for our body, these muscles need to be exercised too. But often we neglect to concentrate and challenge these facial muscles.
This is where cheek exercises come in. As the name suggests, these are cheek muscle exercises that help strengthen and tone the muscles in your face.
Depending on your goals, cheek exercises work in two ways:
- Reducing chubby cheeks.
- Helping you get well-rounded and cheeks.
Facial exercises for cheeks are those that move the muscles in your face in a certain way that challenges and makes them stronger.
When do you need cheek exercises?
Here are some signs that you need to start practising cheek exercises:
- When you have sagging skin.
- Facial fat, especially on your cheeks and under the chin that makes your face look puffy and fat.
- A dull-looking skin.
- Premature ageing including fine lines, wrinkles, crow’s feet, laugh lines, etc.
What are the benefits of cheek exercises?
Here are some of the most important benefits of cheek exercises:
- These cheek exercises, by making your facial muscles stronger, give your face a toned and well-contoured appearance.
- Chubby cheek exercises improve the circulation of blood and nutrients to your face. This helps in keeping your skin healthier for a long time. Better circulation also reduces signs of premature ageing.
- Your skin is affected by several environmental factors such as exposure to white light, sun, and pollution. When you regularly practice cheek exercises, they reduce the impact of these factors.
- A tensed face almost always looks stern and taut. Facial exercises for cheeks release tension and help your face become softer.
- When you know that your face looks toned and healthy, it increases your confidence and enhances your levels of happiness. This in turn works wonders on your levels of productivity and interpersonal relationships.
- A great benefit of cheek exercises is that they are pretty simple and don’t require you to invest in fancy equipment or a gym membership. They can be easily done at home.
- Cosmetic procedures to make your cheeks toned are not just invasive, but expensive too. Cheek exercises practically cost nothing and save you money and pain.
- Cheek exercises counter the effect of gravity that makes your cheeks sag.
Which are some of the best cheek exercises?
Whether you want to lose cheek fat, define your cheekbones, get a sharper jawline, or tone up your entire face, here is a roundup of some of the most effective cheek muscle exercises:
- Fish face: This is one of the best cheek bone exercises that give you naturally sculpted bones.
- Sit in a comfortable position and suck in your cheeks as much as you can.
- Keep your lips tightly closed. You should feel a gentle stretch on your cheekbones all this while.
- Hold the pose for 8-10 seconds and come back to the starting position.
- The 0-X face: One of the most fun and effective cheek bone exercises, this gives you killer cheekbones like nothing else.
- Start by sitting in a comfortable position.
- Start making small ‘o’s’ with your lips.
- Follow this by stretching them to say ‘X’. Remember to give your lips a good stretch.
- Alternate between your ‘o’s’ and ‘x’s’ ensuring that you give an intense stretch to your cheekbones by alternating between the two sounds.
- Happy face sculpting exercise: This is an excellent cheek exercise that releases tension and tones up your skin. It also works as an effective jaw and cheek exercise that stretches the muscles in your lower mouth area.
- Sit in a comfortable position and smile without showing your teeth.
- Roll out your lips as if you are trying to show as much lip as possible.
- Extend the smile to the corners of your mouth. Do so unless you feel a stretch in your cheeks.
- Now, while smiling & stretching, press your index finger into the corners of your mouth.
- Slide the fingers up while pressing into your muscles.
- Lift your cheek muscles towards the cheekbones and the corners of your eyes.
- Hold the pose for 20-25 seconds and come back to the starting position.
- Cheek lifter exercises: This cheekbone exercise makes your facial muscles stronger and reduces the gravitational impact of a bowed-head posture.
- To start this jaw and cheek exercise, sit in a comfortable position.
- Smile broadly to lift your cheek muscles.
- Place your index finger on your cheek muscles under your eyes.
- Now release your cheek muscles and lower them.
- Smile again and push your muscles towards your eyes.
- Hold the pose for 5-6 seconds.
- Balloon face: This cheekbone exercise is not just super effective but will also remind you of all the fun childhood times.
- Sit in a comfortable position and fill your mouth with air.
- Remember to stretch your cheeks as much as you can.
- Now move the air between the cheeks, alternating between right and left.
- Hold the air on each side for 5-6 seconds before moving it to the other side.
- The half-cringe: This is cheek muscle exercise is a great way to get well-sculpted cheeks permanently. This exercise not just targets your cheek muscles, but also tones your neck, mouth, and jaws.
- Sit comfortably and push your left lower lip towards one corner of your mouth.
- Stretch your lip as much as possible for this exercise to work.
- Hold the pose for 10-12 seconds.
- Repeat on the other side.
Doing these cheek exercises regularly will give you the perfect set of chiselled cheeks, better than any expensive cosmetic procedure. You can couple them with exercises to get chubby cheeks to achieve your goals of face contouring. Besides doing these cheek exercises, remember to eat healthily, stay active, and avoid stress.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Peacock Pose | Suptavajrasana | Vajrasana Uses | Uttanasana Pose | Sambhavi Mudra | Gyan Mudra Yoga | Yoni Mudra Steps | Hero Pose Benefits | Steps of Naukasana | Ashwini Mudra Yoga | Procedure of Vakrasana | Mandukasana for Beginners | Benefits of Salabhasana | Benefit of Parvatasana | Steps of Padahastasana | Apan Vayu Meaning | Balasana Yoga Benefits | What Is Prana Mudra | How to Do Vayu Mudra | Uttanpadasana Pose | How to Do Sirsasana | Khechari Mudra Meaning | Advantages of Gomukhasana | Chaturanga Dandasana Steps | Benefits of Namaskar Mudra
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Free Hand | Air Sqauts | Low Cable Fly | Dips Workout | Cow Camel Exercise | Barbell Curl Exercise | Benefits of Plank | Benefits of Leg Curls | Standing High Knees | Seated Row Back Exercise | Dumbbell Sumo Deadlift | How to Do Brain Exercise | Dragon Flag Core Exercise | Jumping Jacks to Lose Weight | Benefits of Dumbbell Pullover | Dumbbell Bent Over Row Benefits
Top Search Terms Fitness
Trapezitis Exercises | Can Mangoes Cause Acne | Best Mudra for Hair Growth | Bakasana Steps and Benefits | Glute Kickback Exercise Benefits | Cumin Seeds for Irregular Periods | Different Types of Pranayama and Benefits | How Much Skipping Increase Height | How Many Crunches Should a Beginner Do