Kidneys remove waste and extra fluids from the blood in our body and maintain the balance of water, minerals, and salts like sodium, phosphorus, calcium, and potassium. The nerves, tissues, and muscles in our body will start to malfunction without this balance. Furthermore, kidneys are essential to creating hormones that are helpful to control blood pressure and to make red blood cells in the body.Digestion is the breakdown of large insoluble foods to small water-soluble food to get absorbed into the blood plasma. The organs responsible for digestion are the stomach, intestines, pancreas, and liver.
What are the Various Kidney Diseases?
There are numerous kidney diseases caused when the kidney does not function properly. The most common ones are:
- Kidney Stones or Renal Calculi: Kidney stones are also known as renal stone, urolithiasis, ureteral calculi, renal calculi, or nephrolithiasis. Kidney stones form as hard deposits that are made of salts and minerals. Kidney stones causes are through diet, overweight, and intake of certain medications or supplements. Kidney stones can apply to any part of the body, from the kidney to the bladder. Renal calculi occur when the urine becomes concentrated and crystallizes the minerals in it to form kidney stones.Â
Regular kidney stones treatment is medicines and drinking a lot of water. This will help to ease the situation and treat nephrolithiasis. Passing the kidney stones out is very painful, and one can treat the renal calculi if it is not lodged in the urinary tract. If the kidney stones get trapped in the urinary tract, one might require surgery to clear them from the system. Otherwise, through medications like kidney stone ayurvedic treatment, the kidney stones will exit the body bypassing the calcium oxalate crystals in urine.Â There are various types of kidney stones, the most common of them being calcium oxalate to develop in a human system. The types of kidney stones are calcium phosphate, calcium oxalate, struvite, uric acid, and cystine stones. The most common kidney stones symptoms are a pain or burning sensation while urinating with foul-smelling discoloured urine and a persistent need to urinate, but urine discharges only in small amounts. The unusual kidney stones symptoms are severe and sharp pain in the back, sides, below the ribs, lower abdomen, and groin with nausea and vomiting. Kidney stones causes blood in the urine with difficulty to pass urine and at times even to sit. Kidney stones treatment is straightforward by evaluating the condition through a kidney test with a urologist consultation. Only when the individual exhibits severe symptoms can he/she need to take up surgery to treat kidney stones. If so, one should seek the help of a kidney doctor. Sometimes kidney stonescauses are fever and chills if the infection prolongs and doesn't get treated. Kidney stones are not life-threatening.
- Ureteric Calculi: These are a sub-type of urolithiasis problem. They are caused by stones forming within the ureter anywhere between the ureteropelvic junction to the vesicoureteral junction.
- Glomerulonephritis: This is a type of disease where a part of the kidney gets injured, and it becomes impossible for the kidneys to get rid of wastes and perform their function efficiently. If the situation is not treated, the kidneys will eventually stop working, leading to kidney failure.
- Urinary Tract Infection: An infection in the urinary system, including the kidney, bladder, and urethra, is known as a urinary tract infection. This will cause pelvic pain with an increased urge to urinate and cause fever, vomiting, and blood in the urine.
- Polycystic kidney disease: This is an inherited disorder where a cluster of cysts is developed in the kidneys. They are non-cancerous and are filled with watery fluid. They tend to grow big, and people with this problem eventually fail kidneys as they grow old.Â
What are the Various Digestive Diseases?
The most common digestive diseases are:
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
- Diarrhoea: Diarrhea is a watery loose stool that frequently occurs than in a standard scenario. It is caused by viruses, bacteria, or contaminated food. The uncommon causes of diarrhoea are lactose intolerance, other medications, abdominal surgery, and fructose intake. Sometimes it is an indicator of inflammatory bowel. Very rarely, it tends to dehydrate the body and might also increase the temperature of the body. It is usually treated with more water intake and medications.Â
- Constipation: This problem occurs when the stool becomes difficult to pass, and the bowel movements become less frequent. This usually happens due to the change in diet and inadequate intake of fibre-containing foods. The stools become dry and hard, thereby causing pain while passing. A person facing this problem will have a feeling as if the bowels are not completely emptied.
- Ulcers: Sores that develop on the lining of the oesophagus, small intestine, stomach, or small intestine are known as ulcers. This is mainly caused when the stomach acid damages the digestive tract's lining and is caused by the bacteria H. Pylori. Upper abdominal pain is the most common symptom here. Alcohol assessment is done for these patients as alcohol consumption worsens the ulcers.
- Gastroenteritis: This is commonly referred to as stomach flu and where the patient experiences diarrhoea, vomiting, stomach ache, fever, and headache. One should consult a gastro doctor immediately under these circumstances. It is caused by contaminated food or water and unhygienic habits like unwashed hands or physical contact with another person with the virus. Kids are administered the vaccine rotavirus to combat this severe digestion disease. With this vaccine's help, the frequency of this disease's occurrence is almost flushed out of the entire population.
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease: This occurs when the stomach acid flows back into the esophagus. Most people can handle this by just changing their food habits, but some might require medications or surgery to treat it in severe cases. It causes a burning sensation on the chest and regurgitation of sour liquid.Â
The TakeawayGaining knowledge about our body's common problems makes us aware of its symptoms, causes, and how to get them treated. Therefore, everyone must keep himself/herself updated with the common underlying problems to react accurately when a mishap happens. Knowledge is power! None can deny it. Embrace the power and stay healthy.