What is Dermatitis?
Dermatitis is essentially a general term for skin inflammation. When someone has this condition, their skin will typically appear to be swollen, dry and red. The cause of this condition varies depending on the type of condition that they have. However, this is not a contagious condition. There are several different types of Dermatitis that doctors and experts have been able to identify:
- Atopic dermatitis
- Contact dermatitis
- Dyshidrotic dermatitis
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Statis dermatitis
- Nummular dermatitis
- Dermatitis neglecta
Some are very common and others not much.
There are quite a number of Dermatitis symptoms that there is to know about. The different symptoms vary from mild to severe and differ basis the body part that is affected. However, despite that, there are some other common ones which we have listed below for your reference and knowledge:
- Small or big Blisters on different areas of the body
- Certain types of Rashes
- Experiencing Itchy skin
- Observing Dryness and cracked skin
- Some sort of Redness on the skin or affected area
- Swelling of the face or the affected body parts
- Painful skin sensation due to burning or stinging in the affected area
These are some of the reasons for Dermatitis that doctors have been able to identify.
Who is at Risk?
There are various Dermatitis risk factors as it can happen to anyone multiple and at any time. Some individuals are more sensitive to this condition as compared to others. However, experts have been able to identify certain risk factors related to this. We have mentioned them below for your reference and understanding of the same:
- An individual who has a family history of certain skin conditions
- As people age, they are more prone to experience this condition
- The environment one grows up in
- Health conditions that a person has
- Someone with asthma
- Certain allergies
Dermatitis causes vary depending upon the type of this condition that one has been affected with. There are certain conditions for which the exact cause is not known till now. However, we have discussed below for your understanding some of these causes across the types in detail:
- When someone comes in direct contact with a certain type of allergen or irritant like poison ivy and oak
- Having eczema due to change in environment, dry skin or family history
- Having fungus in the oil glands
These are some common causes that are known to possibly cause this condition.
How is Dermatitis diagnosed?
For Dermatitis diagnosis, a Dermatitis doctor will need to perform a certain number of tests for this condition as there is no one common test to understand the root cause of the problem. As mentioned, the doctor may then have to conduct multiple tests to get a proper understanding of the problem:
- The doctor will first start with a physical test and discuss in detail the medical history of the individual before making any sort of diagnosis.
- A skin patch test might also be done in some cases if the doctor feels the need for the same
- A skin biopsy may be necessary for certain situations to help figure out the exact cause behind this condition.
How is Dermatitis Treated?
There are different methods for Dermatitis treatment as done by a dermatitis doctor. The treatment depends upon the type, cause, and severity of the condition. We have mentioned in brief the common methods of treatment:
- Certain topical creams
- Creams and lotions as prescribed
- Oatmeal baths to help with the itching
- If needed then the Doctor may prescribe some medicine for dermatitis.
Cure.Fit, your friendly health care provider offering a variety of services for various health conditions. They are some of the best dermatologists from all over India to attend to any and all medical requirements. Their services are listed on their app and website. You should consider them if you are looking for an effective dermatitis cure.
How can Dermatitis be prevented?
Prevention of Dermatitis starts with becoming aware of how to avoid this condition, to begin with. However, having said that, there are some recommendations that might help an individual. Some of these have been mentioned below for your understanding and consideration:
- Avoid contact with certain irritants and allergens which cause rashes like oak and poison ivy among others
- Avoid touching the area where the flare-up has happened as it will only cause more contact with germs and then further make it worse
- Avoid scratching the area as then it will leave permanent marks behind
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Vakrasana | Uttanasana | Vajrasana |Shambhavi Mahamudra Steps | Ashwini Mudra Benefits | 10 Types of Pranayama | Yoni Mudra Benefits | Mudra for Hair Growth | Vayu Mudra Benefits | Parvatasana Benefits | Bakasana Information | Khechari Mudra | Padahastasana | Mandukasana Benefits | Gomukhasana Benefits | Surya Mudra Benefits | Benefits of Prana Mudra | Benefits of Gyan Mudra | How to Do Mayurasana | Benefits of Dandasana | Benefits of Balasana | Makarasana Benefits | Benefits of Yoga Nidra | Yoga to Control Anger | Apan Vayu Mudra | Bhujangasana Strengthens | Halasana for Beginners | Yoga Mudrasana Steps | Benefits of Balayam
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Air Squat | Superman Exercise | Sumo Deadlift Form | Benefits of Side Plank | Can Skipping Increase Height | Chiseled Physique | Dragon Flag Exercise | Brain Exercises for Kids | Kickbacks Workout | Box Jump Benefits | Db Walking Lunges | Archer Push up Benefits
Top Search Terms For Fitness
Hrithik Roshan Body Workout |Vipassana Benefits | Benefits of Vrischikasana | Windshield Wipers Exercise | Lotus Yoga Pose | Yoga for Blood Circulation | Weight Loss Yoga Poses for Beginners | How to Do Kriya Yoga | How to Do Dumbbell Exercises | Powerful Meditation Mantra