Blood in Urine
What Is Blood in Urine (Hematuria)?Blood in urine is a condition in which red blood cells start appearing in your urine for various reasons. This condition is called Hematuria in medical terms. There is no single underlying cause of this condition. Many diseases and conditions lead to blood in the urine. For example, several infections, malfunctions of kidneys, or various types of cancers can cause Hematuria. The blood in the urine may or may not be visible to the naked eyes. Mainly, there are two types of blood in urine:
- Gross hematuria: If the amount of blood in urine is so much that your urine start appearing pink or red or the urine has little spots of blood, the condition is called gross hematuria.
- Microscopic hematuria: When the amount of blood in your urine is so small that the blood in urine cannot be seen by naked eyes, the condition is called microscopic hematuria.
Blood in Urine SymptomsBlood in urine symptoms show up only in gross hematuria. Your blood gets red, cola-colored, or pink because of red blood cells. It doesn't pain when a little amount of blood gets passed in the urine. However, passing clots of blood in the urine can be painful sometimes. If you detect any of the symptoms, go to a urologist to avoid further complications. Most of the time, signs and symptoms of blood in urine do not even show up.Who Is At Risk?Though blood in urine can happen to anyone, it noted that there are certain factors that make a person prone to the condition. These risk factors are:
- Age: Enlargement of the prostate gland can cause hematuria in men of age more than 50 years.
- Infection: Your kidney gets inflammation after a certain viral and bacterial infection. This inflammation later becomes one of the causes of blood in urine.
- Family: You are prone to develop this condition if someone in your family is also suffering from it.
- Medicines: There are a number of medicines that can induce blood in urine in a person.
- Intense exercise: People who work out strenuously are often diagnosed with blood in the urine.
Causes of Blood in UrineThere a number of reasons for blood in urine. A few major ones are:
- Infection: Infections of the urinary tract, bladder, or kidneys can cause blood in urine.
- Stones: This is another common cause of blood in the urine. Stones in the bladder and kidneys cause blockage, which eventually leads to hematuria.
- Prostate gland: Enlarged prostate gland often compresses the urethra in males with age more than 50 years. This compression cause problem to a person when he or she is urinating.
- Kidney ailments: Diseases like diabetes cause inflammation in the kidney further causes blood in the urine.
- Cancer: Cancer of various organs like kidneys, prostate gland, or bladder can become the reason for blood in the urine.
- Medicines: A few specific medicines induce blood in urine.
How Is Blood in Urine Diagnosed?Diagnosis of blood in urine starts with basic questions from the doctor, like how much blood comes in your urine, or if it pains during urination. Blood in urine test is also taken by the doctor in which a sample of the urine is tested to confirm the presence of blood and the underlying cause of it. Various other scans are also done, like CT scan, cystoscopy to diagnose blood in the urine. How Is Blood in Urine Treated?Blood in urine treatment depends upon the underlying cause of the condition. For example, when UTI is the cause of blood in urine, medicine is prescribed by the doctors. If an enlarged prostate is the cause, your doctor might prescribe another set of medicines. When kidney stones become the reason for blood in urine, cure is done by treating the stones first. This can be done by medicines, extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL), or even surgery. If you are looking for doctor for blood in urine, Care.Fit is the perfect place for you. We have a team of experienced urologists with the latest equipment for diagnosis and treatment. To book an online appointment, go to Care.Fits app or website. How Can Blood in Urine be Prevented?Blood in urine can be prevented by avoiding the underlying causes. Drink water and avoid food that causes stones. Try not to smoke in order to prevent yourself from bladder cancer.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Virasana | Skandasan | Vakrasana | Shambhavi | Gomukh Asana | Kurmasana Yoga | Bakasana Pose | Yogamudrasana | Makarasana Steps | Garudasana Means | Uttana Padasana | Balayam Benefits | Chandrasana Yoga | Vajrasana Meaning | Mayurasana Steps | Apan Vayu Mudra | Ashwini Mudra Steps | Mudra For Anxiety | Benefits Of Dandasana | Benefits Of Chakrasana | Benefits Of Naukasana | Benefits Of Mandukasana | Benefits Of Parvatasana | Kesari Mudra Benefits | 8 Types Of Pranayama | Yoni Mudra Side Effects | Ardha Siddhasana Isha | Mudra For Height Increase
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Leg Curl | High Knee | Barbell Curl | Cat Camel Pose | Dumbell Pull Over | Benefits Of Snatch | Free Hand Exercises | How To Lose Fat In Hands | Is Skipping Increase Height | Benefits Of Russian Twist | Donkey Kickback Exercise | Exercise For Thighs And Hips | Seated Row Muscles Worked | Top 10 Exercises To Increase Height
Top Search Terms For Fitness
Mudra For Stomach Pain | Om Meditation Chanting | Namaskar Mudra Benefits | Do Mangoes Cause Acne | Trapezitis Home Treatment | Benefits Of Padahastasana | Benefits Of Prithvi Mudra | Akarna Dhanurasana Benefits | Explain The Procedure And Benefits Of Padmasana