What is Perianal abscess? A painful condition in which a collection of pus starts to develop near the anus is known as perianal abscess. Most of the cases of this condition are a result of an infection which has happened from the small anal glands. The other different types of Perianal abscess that experts essentially know of are:
- Ischiorectal abscess
- Intersphincteric abscess
- Supralevator abscess
However, out of all the different types of this condition, perianal abscess continues to be the most common one. It appears in the form of swelling. Perianal abscess Symptoms There are quite a few Perianal abscess symptoms that individuals must know about. It must be noted that the symptoms of this condition depend upon the different kinds of Perianal abscess that an individual is suffering from. We have listed some of the most common ones across the different types below for your reference and knowledge:
- Constant and throbbing pain in and around the anal area
- Swelling in and around the anal area
- Increased pain around the anal area during bowel movements
- Experiencing constipation
- Constant feeling of fatigue
- Seeing bleeding or a discharge from the rectal
- Increased tenderness in and around the anus
- Feeling a lump
These are some common reasons for Perianal abscess that people experience. Who is at Risk? There are various Perianal abscess risk factors as it can happen to anyone due to multiple reasons. However, experts have been able to identify certain possible risk factors related to this. We have mentioned them below for your reference and understanding of the same:
- Toddlers or even children who have a history of tears in the anal sphincter or anal fissures are at a high risk of developing this condition later on in life.
- Someone who has a history of constipation
- An individual who has undergone or is currently undergoing chemotherapy treatment
- Indulging in anal sex
Perianal abscess Causes There are many factors that lead to Perianal abscess causes which have been identified by health experts. We have discussed below for your understanding some of these causes in details:
- Infections that get transferred during a sexual intercourse
- Having a blocked anal gland
- A tear in the anal canal or anal fissure which causes it to get infected
These are the three most common causes that are known to experts which play a role to cause this condition. Apart from this, the individuals who are at a risk of developing this has been mentioned above for you. How is Perianal abscess diagnosed? For Perianal abscess diagnosis, a Perianal abscess doctor will need to perform a certain number of Perianal abscess tests depending on the situation. Some of these tests include:
- The doctor will first conduct a physical exam where the doctor will check your anal area to see for any characteristic nodules.
- The doctor will also check the anal area for any type of redness, pain or swelling.
- In case there are no visible signs on the surface, the doctor will then use an instrument called endoscope to have a look inside the lower rectum and the anal canal.
- In case the above methods do not work, then the doctor may do an MRI or an ultrasound
How is Perianal abscess treated? There are different methods for Perianal abscess treatment. This is a kind of condition which very rarely goes away without any sort of treatment.
- The doctor will first and foremost drain the pus from the area thata has been infected.
- Surgery may be required in some cases.
- The doctor may prescribe some medicine for Perianal abscess if needed.
Cure.Fit, your friendly health care provider offering a variety of services for various health conditions. They some of the best general surgeon from all over India to attend to any and all medical requirements. Their services are listed on their app and website. You should consider them if you’ve been looking for a good Perianal abscess cure.How can Perianal abscess be prevented? Prevention of Perianal abscess is not an area for which there is a lot of information available. However, there are certain preventive measures that one can take which has been mentioned below for you reference and understanding:
- Always practise safe sex and use a condom especially if you are performing anal sex
- Ensure protection against sexually transmitted diseases or STIs
- If there is any STI that you have been infected from then ensure that you get prompt treatment for it right away
- Ensure that you practise safe and good hygiene in the anal area.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Jnana Meaning | Shanmukhi Mudra Steps | Hatha Yoga For Beginners | Anulom Vilom Steps | Benefits Of Trikonasana | Ardha Chandrasana Meaning | Akarna Dhanurasana Meaning | Ardha Siddhasana Steps | Navasana Strengthens | Triangle Pose Benefits | Parsvottanasana | Raja Yoga Types | Lotus Pose Steps And Benefits | Supta Vajrasana Steps | Trapezitis Meaning | Benefits Of Upavistha Konasana | Uttanpadasana Precautions | Virasana Benefits | Ardha Chandrasana Procedure | Chakrasana
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Pullover Exercise Benefits | Exercise To Cure Knock Knees | Bicycle Legs Exercise | Low Cable Fly | Easy Cardio For Belly Fat | Freehand Exercise Meaning | Hand Exercises To Reduce Fat | Bunny Hopping Exercise | Side Effects Of Jumping Jacks | Lateral Lunges With Weights | How To Do A Straddle Split | Leg Curl Benefits | Standing Workout For Belly Fat | Sumo Squat Position
Top Search Terms Fitness
How To Stimulate Beard Growth | Weight Loss Snacks | Books To Start Reading Habit | How To Grow Beard Faster For Teenager Home Remedies | Fun Fact About Meditation | How To Do Baddha Padmasana | Chit Shakti Meditation For Health | Yoga To Reduce Buttocks Fat | Yoga Asanas For Flat Tummy | Guided Meditation For Inner Peace | Salabhasana Steps Benefits And Precautions | List Down The Steps For Naukasana | Garudasana Steps Benefits And Precautions | Back Exercises At Home With Dumbbells | Chest Workout Upper Middle Lower | Chest And Back Workout Superset | Best Chest Exercises For Men