What is super brain yoga?
Super brain yoga, as the name suggests, is a selection of asanas that aim to improve your cognitive functioning. This is a new form of yoga that has become popular around the world in the last few years.
Given the chaotic world that we live in that overloads us with too much information, super brain yoga has become quite beneficial. This yoga for brain is a combination of breathing and acupressure to strengthen and restore the left and right hemispheres of the brain to make it healthier.
Which are some of the best poses of super brain yoga?
Here are some of the best poses of yoga to increase concentration and memory power:
- Halasana (Plough Pose): This is one of the best poses of yoga for brain power that improves the circulation to your brain and helps calm your mind.
- Lie on your back with your arms on your sides.
- Inhale and engage your abdominal muscles to lift your feet off the floor. Try to raise your legs at an angle of 90-degrees.
- Keep breathing deeply and support your hips and back with your hands and lift them off the ground.
- Take your legs over your head at an angle of 180-degrees till your feet touch the floor behind your head.
- Hold this pose for 15-20 seconds and feel your body release tension.
- Super Brain squat pose: This memory power increase yoga pose is pretty easy and can be practiced by anyone. It helps in activating your brain cells and improving your mood.
- Stand up straight and gaze ahead.
- Place your tongue on the roof of your mouth. It should be placed behind your teeth as if you are about to make a ‘la’ sound.
- Raise your left hand and hold your right earlobe with it. Use your right hand to hold your left earlobe.
- Keep your arms close to your chest.
- Take a deep breath through your nose and lower your body gently into a squat position.
- Hold the position for 8-10 seconds and return to the standing position.
3. Bhramari Pranayama (Bee Breathing Technique): This pose of yoga for brain memory is named so because of the bee-like buzzing sound that it produces during its practice. This is a great form of yoga for brain nerves that instantly calms your mind and relieves it off anger and stress.
- Sit in a comfortable position and place your thumbs on the cartilage of both ears.
- Place your index fingers just above your eyebrows and the remaining fingers over your eyes.
- Apply slight pressure on the sides of your nose.
- While keeping your mouth closed, breathe out slowly through your nose while making the humming sound of ‘Om’.
- Padmasana (Lotus Pose): Though it seems simple, this is an excellent pose of yoga for memory power. This helps in keeping your brain healthier for a long time by improving your memory and ability to concentrate.
- Sit in a comfortable position while keeping your back straight and legs extended in the front.
- Gently bend your left knee and keep your left toe on your right thigh. Repeat this with your right leg.
- Remember that the soles of your feet should face upward.
- Close your eyes and place your palms on your knees.
- Take deep breaths and free your mind of all thoughts.
- Stay in this pose for 5-6 minutes.
- Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend Pose): This is a great pose of yoga for brain blood circulation that opens up your nervous system and relieves your mind of anxiety.
- Sit on the floor in a comfortable position with your legs extended forward. Your hands should be on your side.
- Keep your back straight and feet together.
- Lift your arms up and slowly bend forward from your hips.
- Try to touch your knees with your head.
- Extend your arms and try to touch your toes.
- Hold this pose for 20-25 seconds.
What are the benefits of super brain yoga?
Here are some of the most important super brain yoga benefits:
- One of the best super brain yoga benefits is that it activates your parasympathetic nervous system. This is the system that is responsible for bringing your body to a state of calm after a stressful episode. This helps reduce stress, anxiety, and depression in the long run.
- Regularly practicing yoga for brain blood circulation preps up your body against the triggers of stress and helps you react better in the future.
- Yoga for brain enhances mindfulness and lets you relax, especially in these chaotic times of information overload and nonstop work schedules.
- One of the best benefits of poses of yoga to increase concentration and memory power is that it reduces the impact of stress and anxiety on your hippocampus and somatosensory cortex. This leads to enhanced self-confidence and problem-solving skills, enhancing your productivity and creativity.
- When practiced regularly, yoga for brain nerves helps release happy hormones such as serotonin and dopamine. This keeps you feeling happier and improves your interpersonal relationships.
- By enhancing the production of these happy hormones, super brain yoga helps in letting you heal better and faster from pain after surgery or injuries.
How to do super brain yoga safely to avoid injuries?
Here are some tips to do memory power increase yoga safely:
- Learn the postures and techniques of asanas of yoga for brain power from an experienced trainer or by joining online yoga classes.
- If anytime during the practice of asanas of yoga for brain memory, you feel dizzy or pain, stop immediately.
- Yoga for memory power must be practiced in the morning hours on an empty stomach.
Super brain yoga is an immensely beneficial practice that not just helps adults navigate their lives but also students who are overloaded with studies and career choices. However, just practicing super brain yoga will not benefit you alone. You also need to focus on your lifestyle and improve your sleeping habits and diet to gain the advantages of this yoga.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Types Of Yoga | Kukkutasana | Hanumanasana | Karnapidasana | Rajakapotasana | Setu Bandhasana | Benefits Of Yoga | Upavistha Konasana | Chaturanga Dandasana | Four Limbed Staff Pose | Setu Bandha Sarvangasana
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Sprawls | Front Press | T Bar Row | Side Crunch | Bench Dips | Half Burpee | Push Press | Pendlay Rows | Jump Squats | Pulse Squat | Shoulder Taps | Reverse Curl | Skaters Exercise | Chair Exercises | Anaerobic Exercise | Abduction Exercise | Plank To Pushup | Farmers Walk |Overhead Squat | Weighted Crunch | Dumbbell Snatch | Rope Pushdown | Renegade Rows | Windmill Exercise | Dumbbell Curls | Side Lateral Raise | Kettlebell Swings | Barbell Bicep Curl
Top Search Terms Fitness
Body Transformation | One Arm Dumbbell Row | Exercises To Reduce Neck Pain | Exercise To Relieve Back Pain | Regular Arm Workout | Fast Fat Burning Exercises | Chest Supported Row | Incline Dumbbell Curl | Benefits Of Cycling | Benefits Of Walking | Top 10 Abs Workout | Muscle Gain Exercises | Yoga Poses For Butt