What is Virabadrasana 2?
Virabadrasana 2 is the second in the series of the Virabadrasana group of asanas. Also known as the Warrior 2 pose, it is a standing lunging asana of modern yoga and is named after the mythical hero Virabhadra. He is said to have been born from Lord Shiva’s dreadlocks and represents power, valour, and strength.
While Virabadrasana 1 represents the rising of Virabhadra to the skies, the Warrior two pose symbolises his drawing of sword and beheading Lord Daksha to take revenge for Sati’s death. This, along with all the poses in the series, are known as the most graceful poses in yoga.
How can perform Virabadrasana 2?
Virabadrasana 2 can be done by a variety of people including:
- Pregnant women
- People who want to improve their balance and stability can do Virabhadrasana ii asana.
- Those who want to cure their breathing troubles.
- Those who want to lose weight can do the Warrior 2 pose.
- People who want to improve their workout performance.
- People who want to relieve stress and anxiety.
Who should avoid Virabadrasana 2?
In case you suffer from any of these conditions, you should avoid doing the Warrior ii pose:
- Chronic pain in the neck, knees, or shoulders.
- Recent surgery.
- High blood pressure.
How is Virabadrasana 2 done?
The pose of yoga Warrior 2, though seems simple, needs you to be mindful of its steps. This helps prevent injuries and muscular strain.
Here is the step-by-step explanation of the Warrior ii pose:
- Start the Warrior 2 pose by standing in the Mountain Pose.
- Exhale and spread your legs around three to four feet wide.
- Place your hands on your waistline.
- Move your right toe in an angle of 90-degrees and the left one at an angle of 15-degrees.
- Turn your neck towards your right and fix your gaze ahead.
- Inhale deeply and extend your hands in each direction. Your palms must face the ground.
- Raise your arms to your shoulder level keeping them parallel to the ground.
- Breathe out deeply and bend your right knee. Keep it perpendicular to the floor.
- Hold the pose for 30-60 seconds while keeping your pelvis inwards and back straight. Keep breathing deeply.
- Exhale and straighten your extended knee.
- Bring your hands back to the waist.
- Straighten your toes and return to the starting position.
- Repeat Warrior two on the other side.
How can Virabadrasana 2 be modified?
There are several ways in which you can modify Warrior ii pose. This is essential for people who suffer from chronic pain in the back or legs or a limited range of motion. These modifications can also be used to make the Warrior 2 pose more engaging:
- In case you are unable to bend your knee properly, you can use a chair under your extended thigh. This also helps support your torso while doing the Warrior 2 yoga pose.
- You can place one or two blocks under your extended foot. This helps in keeping your back stable while doing yoga Warrior 2.
- Virabhadrasana ii can be done against a wall. This gives your back extra support while doing the asana.
- You can perform the Warrior 2 yoga pose by keeping one knee on the floor.
Why should you do Virabadrasana 2?
Practising the Warrior ii pose has immense benefits for not just your physical health but also your mental wellbeing. Here is a roundup of some of the most important Virabhadrasana 2 benefits:
- Since you breathe deeply while holding Virabadrasana 2, you strengthen your respiratory organs. This helps expand your lungs and prevent and manage respiratory disorders such as COPD and asthma.
- One of the most important warrior pose 2 benefits is that it stretches and strengthens your hips, legs, and calves. This improves your movement and flexibility.
- This is an excellent asana to enhance your core stability. A strong core helps you become more agile and improves your balance. This is also essential for injury prevention.
- One of the best Warrior 2 pose benefits is that it increases your overall endurance and strength. This improves your functionality and workout performance.
- Warrior 2 pose benefits people who want to lose abdominal weight. it stretches your abdomen and not just gives you a toned appearance but also reduces the risk of serious obesity-related disorders.
- One of the most important Warrior pose 2 benefits is that it enhances your stamina and makes you feel more energetic.
- Virabhadrasana 2 benefits people who want to reduce stress. The stretching action of this asana enhances your circulation. This calms your mind, improves your cognitive functioning, and prevents age-related neurological disorders.
- Virabadrasana 2 stretches your digestive organs and prevents indigestion, constipation, flatulence, and bloat.
- This asana doesn’t require investment in expensive equipment. You just need a clean space and can easily include this asana in your home workouts.
How to do Virabadrasana 2 safely?
To gain the benefits of this asana, you need to master its correct form. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Don’t start doing Virabadrasana 2 on your own. Learn it by joining online yoga classes or from an experienced trainer. This helps in correcting your posture and gaze and preventing injuries.
- Don’t hyperextend your body while doing this asana. This is especially important while doing yoga for beginners.
- Ensure that your spine is straight throughout the movement.
- If you feel pain or dizziness anytime during the practice of this asana, stop immediately.
- Perform Virabadrasana 2 either early morning or at least four hours after your meals.
- If you are pregnant, don’t hold the pose for long. You can use a chair to support your core and back.
Achieving a peaceful mind and physical fitness is what every yoga practitioner aims for. Virabadrasana 2 is the perfect asana to achieve these objectives. However, the key to achieving the benefits of this asana is to be consistent with your practice and keep yourself challenged and engaged.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Types Of Yoga | Kukkutasana | Hanumanasana | Karnapidasana | Rajakapotasana | Setu Bandhasana | Benefits Of Yoga | Upavistha Konasana | Chaturanga Dandasana | Four Limbed Staff Pose | Setu Bandha Sarvangasana
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Sprawls | Front Press | T Bar Row | Side Crunch | Bench Dips | Half Burpee | Push Press | Pendlay Rows | Jump Squats | Pulse Squat | Shoulder Taps | Reverse Curl | Skaters Exercise | Chair Exercises | Anaerobic Exercise | Abduction Exercise | Plank To Pushup | Farmers Walk |Overhead Squat | Weighted Crunch | Dumbbell Snatch | Rope Pushdown | Renegade Rows | Windmill Exercise | Dumbbell Curls | Side Lateral Raise | Kettlebell Swings | Barbell Bicep Curl
Top Search Terms Fitness
Body Transformation | One Arm Dumbbell Row | Exercises To Reduce Neck Pain | Exercise To Relieve Back Pain | Regular Arm Workout | Fast Fat Burning Exercises | Chest Supported Row | Incline Dumbbell Curl | Benefits Of Cycling | Benefits Of Walking | Top 10 Abs Workout | Muscle Gain Exercises | Yoga Poses For Butt