Exercises are not meant only for people who want to lose weight but it also helps to strengthen your muscles and enhances your endurance irrespective of age and gender. Regular physical activity increases the oxygen and nutrient supply to your body parts and makes your cardiovascular system more efficient and helps to build your stamina. It also improves your lung capacity and heart health thereby boosting your energy level to face the challenges and tackle daily chores. Regular exercise also helps in lowering the risk of metabolic disorders such as obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and cardiac conditions. Exercise also helps in healthy ageing.Here are some of the full-body workouts that will get your body in shape. Some of these exercises are very essential for fitness that will help you perform at your best. Everyone has to practice it, to do daily activities with ease. Learn to exercise daily because these compound exercises will involve all the major muscles and it can be done anywhere.
These are simple exercises that help to increase the lower body and core strength. Squats are also to increase hips and lower back flexibility. Some of the largest muscles are involved in doing this workout and also burn a lot of calories while doing this. Here are the steps on how to perform squats:
- Begin the exercise by standing straight. Feet should be kept apart wider than shoulder-width. Arms should be kept at your sides.
- Your movement will be similar to sitting in a chair. Keep your knees on your ankle, chin, and chest up and bend your knees by pushing your hips backwards.
- Knees should be bent in such a way that your thighs are parallel to the ground ie; a 900 angle. Also, make sure that knees are not bent either inward or outward.
- Now, bring your arms forward in a comfortable position. Pause for a second. Now extend your legs and come back to your initial position.
- Do 20 repetitions of this, 3 sets, and 2-3 times in a week.
When performed regularly this exercise will boost calorie burn, strengthen your core, and improve your posture and balance, and prevents injuries.
A versatile exercise routine will challenge your balance and doing lunges are good enough in this aspect. It promotes functional movement and helps in the strength and conditioning of your legs and glute muscles. Here are the steps you need to follow while doing lunges:
- Begin by standing straight with your arms' kept down at your sides and feet shoulder-width apart similar to squat's initial position.
- Take a step forward with your right leg, and bend your right knee while doing so. When your thighs are parallel to the ground, stop for a while. The knee shouldnâ€™t be bent beyond the right foot.
- Rise and return to the initial position. Repeat on the other leg.
- Complete 3 sets of 10 repetitions every time.
If performed regularly this exercise helps to achieve a stronger and stable core and improves posture and balance.
A healthy bodyâ€™s foundation is a strong core. Side planks are mainly important for core-specific movements that can help you stay active. To complete this exercise effectively you should focus on mind-muscle coordination and movement controls. Here are the steps to be followed for this exercise:
- To begin, lie down on either of your sides. Say for example start with your right side. The leg and foot should be stacked up on your right leg and foot while you lie down in this position.
- Place your right forearm and elbow on the ground under your shoulder to support your upper body while rising.
- The core should be contracted to stiffen your spine. Now lift your hips and knees off the ground and it should form a straight line with your body.
- Slowly return to your initial position in a very controlled way.
- Repeat 3 sets of 10- 15 repetitions on one side and switch over to the other side and continue the similar way.
Planks help to strengthen your spine and results in strong posture.
Push-ups are the most effective exercise that involves almost the entire muscles of the body. Here are the steps for push-ups:
- Begin in a basic plank position. Hands should be kept wider than your shoulders and palms resting on the ground.
- Your core should be tightly held, keeping your back straight, head, and neck in the neutral position and shoulders pulled down and back.
- Lower your body down by bending your elbows. Support your body on your toes.
- Push against the floor by straightening your arms. Return to the initial position.
- Complete 3 sets of 10 repetitions each at least thrice a week.
You can also perform this on your knees or by placing your hands on a bench.Push-ups are advantageous for the entire body. It is also good for strengthening the lower back.
These are a very effective exercise for your abdominal muscles although it is considered as a very basic one in the routine. If you suffer from lower backache, stick to a crunch that requires only lifting of your upper back and shoulders off the floor while doing sit-ups. Follow these steps:
- To begin, lie down on the floor on your back with knees bent. Feet should be kept flat on the floor and hands should be held behind your head.
- Roll up from your head keeping it glued to the floor involving the core throughout the session without straining your neck while moving upward.
- When the chest reaches your leg, start moving back to the initial position in a controlled manner.
- Complete 3 sets of 15 repetitions if you are a beginner.
Sit-ups are good for balance and stability, increased flexibility, improved posture, diaphragm strengthening, and reduced risk of back pain and injury.
This is a weight training exercise involving the muscles in the lower body including glutes and hamstrings. The deadlift is a great exercise to burn belly fat and strengthens the lower back, abdomen, thighs, and legs. Single-leg deadlifts are a great way to challenge your balance. This will provide strength and stability to your legs. Here are the steps to follow. Use light to moderate dumbbell for this:
- To begin, stand with a dumbbell in your right hand and bent your knees slightly.
- Start to kick your left leg straight backwards hinging at the hips. Now lower the dumbbell towards the floor.
- Once you reached a comfortable height with your left leg, return to the initial position in a controlled manner squeezing your right glutes. Your pelvis should stay square to the floor during this movement.
- Repeat 10 to 12 times before you switch over to the left hand and leg.Â
It is the best exercise to get a flat stomach as it strengthens lower body areas. It is also good to improve cardio endurance.These fundamental exercises will help you stay healthy and fit. Over time, you can keep pushing it up by gradually adding more repetitions and more weight. You can also switch over the routine to a set amount of time instead of following a set number of repetitions. Alongside you can also include 30 minutes Yoga Nidra that will help you relieve stress daily.