Perfecting the form of exercise is one way to increase its efficiency. Increasing the number of reps is another way you can get better results. But is there any other way to increase the efficiency of your workout? Some say that there is the best time to workout that will give you better results than other times.
Now, the next question coming to your mind must be: which time is best for exercise? The question of asking the best time to exercise is legit as you already put a lot of effort into your workouts. And if there is some best time to do exercise, you must know it to get better results.
In this article, we are going to talk about the best time to workout. Is it morning, afternoon, or evening? When is the best time to workout to lose weight? Or the best time to workout for weight gain?
Various scientific studies have been done to find the answer to what is the best time to workout. What we will discuss about the best time to do exercise will be based on those studies. So, read till the end if you want to know the answer to which time is best for exercise.
What Is The Best Time To Exercise - Morning, Afternoon, Or Evening?
There are mainly three times in a day during which you can do exercise for weight loss or weight gain: morning, afternoon, and evening. So, the answer to which time is best for exercise should also lie in one of these timings.
Let’s talk about each three of these timings to know what is the best time to workout out of these three timings:
- Morning - The Best Time To Workout?
Most people consider morning to be the best time to do exercise for weight loss, weight gain, or any other type of workout like the abs workout. The sole reason for this assumption is that we feel the freshest during the mornings. Hence, most of us can do intense workouts during this time.
Now, the time during which you can exercise the most will naturally be considered the best time to workout for weight loss. However, the answer to which time is best for exercise is not that simple.
Before you claim morning to be the best time to exercise to lose weight, you should first consider both benefits and drawbacks of this time.
- In the morning, people give themselves fewer excuses for not doing exercises and after some time, they build a habit of exercising daily.
- What might make morning the best time to workout for weight loss is also the fact that it can improve your sleep cycle.
- Looking for an answer to when is the best time to workout to lose weight? Well, morning might be your answer. You burn fat at a faster rate when your stomach is empty.
- If you do not have a heavy meal in the evening, you might be running on low fuel when you do weight gain exercise for beginners the next morning.
- Depending on your sleep cycle, you might be in the deepest sleep when you wake up in the morning for a workout. So, it can be a major drawback if your sleep cycle does not change accordingly.
- Some people feel groggy for a long time after they wake up and they are not at their full potential when they do exercises in the morning.
- Afternoons - The Best Time To Workout?
Who says that afternoons can not be the best time for abs workout, weight loss, or weight gain? At this time, you have eaten enough to recharge your body fuel and you also do not feel groggy at all. So, it might be the answer to which time is best for workout. Again, before we declare it as the best time to exercise to lose belly fat, we have to see its benefits and drawbacks first.
- A large number of people exercise with more energy in the afternoons which makes it the best time for workout for weight gain.
- Since your body temperature is already higher at this time than in the mornings, it becomes easy to lose sweat. This makes afternoons the best time to exercise to lose belly fat.
- Some say that afternoons are the best time for abs workout since the testosterone hormone is at its peak during afternoons.
- It leaves less room for bad habits like binge-watching tv and hence you can call it the best time to workout.
- Some people say that afternoons can not be the best time to exercise since they have to go to work at this time.
- Afternoons are not the best time to workout for weight gain if you do not feel fresh at this time.
- Evenings - The Best Time To Workout?
Just like morning and afternoons, evenings are also the potential answer to what is the best time to exercise. Before you call it the best time for gym to gain weight or lose weight, read the following benefits and drawbacks:
- Some people feel that they are the most active in the evening.
- Many complete their work of the day and then like to exercise in their free time. This makes evenings the best time for workout for weight gain for them.
- Some people get exhausted and hence can not do exercises in the evenings with much efficiency.
- In many metropolitan cities, pollution is at its peak in the evening. So, evenings can not be the best time for gym to gain weight for someone who wants to workout outside in the evenings.
There is no single answer to which time is best for workout. The time during which you feel the most energetic is the best time to do exercise for weight loss for you. However, just keep in mind that you should not eat a heavy meal a few hours before the best time to exercise to lose weight.