Taking the plunge and going vegan is one of the most important decisions you are ever going to take in your life. From health to lifestyle, it is going to change a lot in your life. But this change doesn't have to come at the expense of taste. If you know enough vegan and gluten-free tofu recipes, you will never have to taste bad food. If you haven't already made tofu your best friend, now is the perfect time to do so by learning some tofu recipes. Tofu is not just a replacement for meat or paneer, rather it is one of the most delicious foods that can stand alone on its own with various healthy tofu recipes. That is why there are so many best tofu recipes out there. If you are a fan of making dishes on your own, you are going to love what we have jotted down below. We have curated some super simple yet delicious healthy tofu recipes that will help you get started. Prepare your ingredients as it is time to try the best tofu recipes.
Tasty Tofu Recipes
Some of the tofu recipes we have mentioned below are tofu breakfast recipes and dinner recipes while others are snacky-types. What tofu recipes you choose depend on your appetite. Vegetable tofu fried rice: It is one of those simple tofu recipes that take only 15 to 20 minutes to get prepared. The best part about vegetable tofu recipes is that you can add the veggies of your choice. If you dont like any vegetables that we used in the recipe, you can replace them with some other vegetables that you like. Here is a step-by-step recipe of vegetable tofu fried rice:
- If you don't like the excess water in tofu, you can extract it by pressing the tofu cube. Press for at least 10 minutes to take out enough water.
- Take some vegetables that you like and chop them to get small vegetable cubes.
- Take a pan and heat some oil into it.
- Fry some rice on medium to high heat.
- Take another pan, add some oil to it, and once the oil is warm, add some onion and cook until they turn translucent.
- Now, add in some ginger garlic paste and saute until the whole mixture turns brown.
- Its time to add chopped vegetables to the pan. Add carrots and other tough vegetables first so that they get more time for cooking.
- It will not take more than 2 to 3 minutes to cook these vegetables.
- Now, add some whisked sauce mixture, peas, cabbage, and zucchini.
- Cook the vegetable mixture for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tofu and stir so that vegetables get coated on the tofu.
- Cook this mixture of tofu and vegetables for another 30 seconds.
- Add rice in the tofu-vegetables mixture and cook them well. One minute of cooking should be enough.
- Taste the rice with a spoon so that you can adjust the seasoning according to the taste.
This is one of the simple tofu recipes that include vegetables. You can try other easy tofu recipes like tofu stir fry and tofu keema with laccha paratha. Just like veggies, you can also try different tofu rice recipes. A few examples of tasty tofu rice recipes are Teriyaki Peanut Tofu and curried tofu fried rice. Tofu Bhurji: Today, you are going to taste a special kind of healthy bhurji called the tofu bhurji. What we have mentioned down below is one of the easy tofu recipes that require minimal effort and ingredients. Tofu bhurji is one of the easiest tofu dinner recipes as it takes only a few minutes to make it. Since tofu is lighter than its counterparts like the egg or paneer, some people like to add tofu bhurji to the list of tofu breakfast recipes instead of dinner tofu recipes. Breakfast, lunch, or dinner - you can have the dish whichever way you want. Here is how you can make tofu bhurji at home:
- Scramble some tofu and set it aside in a clean utensil
- Now, take a frying pan, heat some oil in it, and add cumin to it.
- Once the color of cumin turns brown, add onion and fry them.
- Add green chilies and ginger once the onion gets softened.
- After a few seconds, add chopped tomatoes and fry them till they leave their juice and get softened.
- Sprinkle some red chili powder, garam masala, turmeric powder in the pan and give it a quick stir.
- Finally, it is time to add scrambled tofu to the pan. Add tofu and stir well.
- You have to saute this mixture for at least 3 to 4 minutes. Once done, season with a little salt.
- Add some chopped coriander leaves to the mixture and stir them well.
- If there is some tofu left, you can also make tofu paratha and eat them with tofu bhurji.
After these tofu dinner recipes, its time to go for something lightweight and low calorie tofu recipes. Sometimes, you also want something to eat between your meals. In such a case, low calorie tofu recipes like salad work the best. You can also try these tofu recipes for weight loss. Here is how you can make Asian tofu salad:
- If you don't like the excess water in tofu, you can extract it by pressing the tofu cube. After squeezing out the water, cut the tofu into small cubes.
- Take a pan, heat some oil in it, and add tofu to the pan.
- Fry this tofu until its color changes to golden brown
- Now, cut some veggies, cucumber, pineapple, and mix them in a bowl along with some bean sprouts.
- Mix pepper, salt, sriracha, lime juice, honey, and olive juice. Add this mixture to the salad.
- Add tofu cubes only when you are ready to serve the salad as they can get mushy if you add them directly into the salad bowl.
If you liked this one, there are many tofu recipes for weight loss like carrot ribbon tofu salad and marinated tofu salad.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Naukasana | Baddha Padmasana | Gomukhasana | Ustrasana | Shalabhasana | Tulasana | Balasana | Halasana | Makarasana | Ashwini Mudra | Vayu Mudra | Types Of Pranayama | Balayam Yoga | Supta Vajrasana Benefits | Prithvi Mudra Benefits | Chakrasana | Padahastasana | Vakrasana | Yoni Mudra | Parvatasana | Khechari Mudra | Bhujangasana Benefits | Mandukasana | Padmasana Benefits | Prana Mudra Benefits
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Height Increase Exercise | Aerobic Exercise At Home | Jump Squats | Lat Pull Down | Crunches | Vajrasana | Jumping Jacks | Lying Leg Curl | Dumbbell Incline Fly | Burpees Exercise | Leg Extension | Dumbbell Stiff Leg Deadlift | Jawline Exercises | Incline Dumbbell Bench Press | Mountain Climbers
Top Search Terms For Fitness
Trikonasana | Ashtanga Yoga Poses | Benefits Of Deadlift | Matsyasana | Tadasana Benefits | Sumo Squats | Uttanpadasana Procedure | Karnapidasana Benefits | Baddha Konasana Benefits | Shambhavi Mahamudra Steps | 12 Poses Of Surya Namaskar