If you are hosting Christmas this year, it’s time to start looking for interesting Christmas recipes. Every family has its menu of special food for Christmas. You can choose to make your traditional Christmas recipes and add a couple of new dishes to mix things up. Christmas is the lovely time of the year where you get to spend quality time with your family, so why not add some new traditions as well. Although traditional Christmas food is always a huge hit, trying new recipes together as a family can be a fun tradition. Here are some interesting Christmas menu ideas that you and your family will enjoy trying out:
Lamb with Roasted Tomatoes and Garlic
One of these Christmas Recipes, called the lamb roast recipe, is simple, yet delicious with ingredients like garlic, grape tomatoes, and cumin coming together to create a Mediterranean ambiance in the middle of your home. If you have any of this delicious lamb left over after the Christmas feasts, you can also make amazing sandwiches!
Cherry tomatoes- 1 cup
Garlic cloves – ½ cup
Fresh thyme- 12 sprigs
Olive oil- 2 tbsp.
Orange – 1
Bone-in leg of lamb – 750 grams
Cumin powder- 1 tsp.
Salt and pepper
1) Heat your oven to 200°C.
2) In a large pan, toss together the tomatoes, thyme, garlic, oil, salt, and pepper.
3) Use a vegetable peeler to peel the orange zest and slice them into thin strips.
4) Place the lamb in the roasting pan and season the lamb with salt, pepper, and cumin.
5) Rub the orange zest all over the lamb.
6) Place the pan in the oven at 200°C for around ninety minutes.
7) Allow the lamb to rest for around fifteen minutes before moving it to the cutting board.
8) Serve the sliced lamb with tomatoes and garlic.
Add these Christmas Recipes to your Christmas menus for raving reviews. You can also use a carving board with a groove to use the meat juices as well.
This fast and easy Christmas dinner is sure to be a hit among the family. It is also a healthier version of traditional Christmas food.
Fresh thyme- 8 sprigs
Salmon fillet- 500 grams
Pure honey- 1 tbsp.
Fennel seeds- 1 tbsp.
Salt and pepper
1) Preheat your oven to 250°C.
2) Slice the clementine and lemons and arrange them in the centre of a flat roasting pan.
3) Add fresh thyme on top of the clementine.
4) Place the salmon with the skin side facing towards the thyme
5) Scatter the zest of one clementine into a bowl, followed by the juice from the clementine.
6) Add honey to this mix and whisk well.
7) Pour this over the salmon and sprinkle the fennel and thyme
8) Season the salmon with salt and pepper and roast for ten minutes.
If you do not have time to prepare Christmas dinner recipes, these Christmas Recipes should be a lifesaver. It is fast and easy and truly delicious. You can also opt to add this recipe to your usual forte of Christmas food items.
White Wine and Rosemary Gravy
If you aren’t sure about attempting a new Christmas dish, how about trying out a new gravy recipe? This utterly delicious gravy will be the talk at your table this Christmas feast. It is rich and flavourful and surely a must-have item in every Christmas dinner menu.
Dry white wine- 1 cup
Chicken stock – 1 cup
Unsalted butter- 4 tbsp.
All-purpose flour- 1/3 cup
Rosemary- 2 sprigs
Salt and pepper
1) For this Christmas dish, use vegetables, rosemary, and neck from the turkey roasting pan and strain the pan dripping into a measuring cup
2) Allow it to stand for five minutes till the fat rise. Then, you can opt to spoon off the fat.
3) Then, place the rosemary pan on two stove burners.
4) Add the wine to the roasting pan and cook on low heat while scraping at the brown bits for one to two minutes.
5) Add this to the pan and add chicken stock to it.
6) Melt butter in a saucepan on medium heat, add flour, and gently whisk for four to five minutes.
7) Bring it to a boil and add rosemary to it. Then pour this over into the pan juice and let it simmer for eight to twelve minutes.
8) Season with salt and pepper and strain before serving.
This is one of the finger-licking Christmas recipes, is sure to grab eyeballs this season. In addition, these Christmas Recipes are a great way to make the list of top special food for Christmas.
Corn Salad with Honey and Bacon
It is time to shake up Christmas dinner recipes with this creative salad recipe. It is a sweet and savoury dish that compliments Christmas food perfectly.
Bacon – 4 slices
Shallot- 1 chopped
Fresh thyme- 1 tbsp.
Sherry vinegar- 2 tsp.
Corn- 3 cup
Pure honey- 1 tsp.
1) Cook the slices of bacon over medium heat till it is crisp. Transfer them to a paper towel.
2) Add thyme and shallot to the same pan and sauté gently for two minutes
3) Then add vinegar and corn and sauté for five minutes
4) Then remove from heat and stir in the bacon and honey.
This recipe is a great alternative to traditional Christmas menu ideas. You can make these Christmas Recipes for Christmas feasts and special occasions.
Pecan Snowflake Cookies
This is one of the great Christmas Recipes alternatives to traditional Christmas food ideas.
Icing sugar- 1 cup
Butter- 1 cup
Vanilla extract- 1 tsp.
Flour- 2 cups
Cinnamon powder- ½ tsp.
1) Pulse the sugar and pecans until finely ground. Add butter, vanilla, flour, salt, and cinnamon to it and mix well.
2) Then roll this mix between parchment paper and chill for 30 minutes.
3) Cut out the cookies and place them in a baking tray.
4) Bake in a preheated oven for ten minutes at 200°C.
5) Dust with icing sugar after the cookies have cooled down.
These scrumptious cookies are a great way to mark the end of your Christmas dinner.
Try out the different Christmas dishes food like Roast Chicken, Chicken Stew and chicken manchow soup this Christmas and see which one your family enjoys the most. It is time to broaden your horizon when it comes to Christmas food. After all, there is no better time to try Christmas recipes than at Christmas!