What is testosterone?
Before we talk about how to increase testosterone, it is important to know what testosterone is and why is it important?
Testosterone belongs to the class of male hormones known as androgens. It is the primary sex hormone in males that plays several important roles such as stimulating the development of secondary sexual characteristics such as the growth of facial hair, deepening of voice, stature and skull size, etc. Besides these, testosterone also regulates your muscle and bone mass and strength, distribution of fat, and production of red blood cells.
Females also have some testosterone levels that help in the growth of their reproductive organs, behaviour, and bone mass.
How do you know if you have low testosterone?
The condition in which the body doesn’t produce enough testosterone is known as hypogonadism. Ageing is one of the major factors that impact testosterone production in the body. Before we discuss how to increase testosterone levels, it is good to know of these signs and symptoms that indicate low levels of this hormone in your body.
- Excessive and constant hair loss.
- Decrease in bone mass and frequent fractures.
- Reduction in the amount of semen.
- Poor sex drive.
- Experiencing irregular sleep patterns or sleep apnea.
- Hot flashes.
- Loss of muscle mass accompanied by muscle stiffness and pain.
- Poor energy levels and experiencing constant fatigue without exerting yourself.
- Increase body weight without making efforts.
- Constant stress, anxiety, anger, or irritability.
- Erectile dysfunction.
What are the benefits of good testosterone levels?
Testosterone plays a major role in regulating the functioning of your body and mind. Here are some of the most important testosterone benefits:
- Since testosterone helps in the production of red blood cells, it is linked to the healthy functioning of your heart. Optimum levels of this hormone help your heart function better and prevent the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- One of the most important testosterone benefit is that it helps boost your cognitive functioning including your memory, concentration, and reasoning power. It is also said to prevent the risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s.
- Best testosterone booster benefit is that it helps in preventing irritability, mood swings, and anger.
- An important testosterone benefits is that it helps in managing your bone density and prevents the risk of fracture from weak bones and osteoporosis, etc.
- Higher testosterone levels mean better muscle mass. This not just gives you strength but also makes weight loss exercises more effective. This in turn saves you from obesity-related health problems.
How to increase testosterone?
People who have low levels of this hormone often wonder about how to boost testosterone levels. Usually, this condition is treated through testosterone replacement therapy, which includes medications. These are in the form of gels, pills, injections, or patches. However, these come with side effects.
That’s why many people wonder about how to naturally increase testosterone and look for natural alternatives. This is because natural therapies are side effect free and give long-term results. That’s not all, they also offer several other health benefits besides being testosterone boosters.
Now you don’t have to go elsewhere looking for answers on how to increase testosterone levels quickly. Here is a roundup of some of the best ways on how to increase testosterone:
How to improve testosterone through exercising?
Exercising and staying physically active has a direct impact on your testosterone levels, especially lifting weights and resistance training. Not just this, exercising keeps you at an optimum body weight, which also positively impacts your testosterone levels. Here are some of the best testosterone booster exercises:
- Bench press
- Box jumps
- Plank jacks
You can either join a gym or include these exercises in your workout at home.
How to boost testosterone naturally through diet?
What you eat and your nutrition levels have a direct correlation with your testosterone levels. A diet rich in proteins and carbs is said to improve the levels of this hormone in your body.
Wondering which foods to eat and how to increase testosterone in body? Here are some of the best foods to include in your diet:
- Leafy greens such as kale, spinach, and chard
- Nuts & seeds
- Whole grains
- Beans and lentils
- Fatty fish
- Extra virgin olive oil
In addition to these foods, you can invest in testosterone supplementation. Take supplements of vitamin A, B, C D & E, and zinc.
Here is how to boost testosterone by avoiding some foods:
- Processed foods
- Soy products
- Desserts and bread
- Dairy products
How to increase testosterone levels in the body through rest?
Did you know that the highest levels of testosterone are released when you are asleep? Broken sleep patterns or sleeping less than six hours a day is directly linked to low testosterone levels. Here are some tips on how to boost testosterone by improving rest and sleep:
- Aim to sleep for 7-8 hours each day.
- If you have chronic sleep problems, consult your doctor.
- Avoid exercising immediately before sleeping.
- Don’t drink caffeine before you sleep.
- Avoid distractions such as TV or mobile phones.
- Try relaxation activities or practice meditation.
How to increase testosterone levels naturally by preventing stress?
When you are stressed, your body releases cortisol, which is also known as the stress hormone. Cortisol is known to interfere with the level of testosterone in your body. Here are some ways on how to improve testosterone by lowering your stress:
- Take frequent work breaks.
- Practice mindfulness.
- Socialise and pursue your creative interests.
What are some tips on how to increase testosterone?
Now that you know about how to boost testosterone, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Don’t start testosterone supplementation without consulting a doctor.
- Remember increase testosterone happens holistically. You need to make overall lifestyle changes to impact your testosterone levels.
With these steps and tips on how to boost testosterone naturally, you don’t have to worry about hormonal fluctuations anymore. However, you need to remember that these testosterone boosters will work only if you stay consistent with your efforts and make holistic lifestyle changes.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Naukasana | Baddha Padmasana | Gomukhasana | Ustrasana | Shalabhasana | Tulasana | Balasana | Halasana | Makarasana | Ashwini Mudra | Vayu Mudra | Types Of Pranayama | Balayam Yoga | Supta Vajrasana Benefits | Prithvi Mudra Benefits | Chakrasana | Padahastasana | Vakrasana | Yoni Mudra | Parvatasana | Khechari Mudra | Bhujangasana Benefits | Mandukasana | Padmasana Benefits | Prana Mudra Benefits
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Height Increase Exercise | Aerobic Exercise At Home | Jump Squats | Lat Pull Down | Crunches | Vajrasana | Jumping Jacks | Lying Leg Curl | Dumbbell Incline Fly | Burpees Exercise | Leg Extension | Dumbbell Stiff Leg Deadlift | Jawline Exercises | Incline Dumbbell Bench Press | Mountain Climbers
Top Search Terms For Fitness
Trikonasana | Ashtanga Yoga Poses | Benefits Of Deadlift | Matsyasana | Tadasana Benefits | Sumo Squats | Uttanpadasana Procedure | Karnapidasana Benefits | Baddha Konasana Benefits | Shambhavi Mahamudra Steps | 12 Poses Of Surya Namaskar