“Yoga is not a work-out, it is a work-in, and this is the point of spiritual practice to make us teachable to open up our hearts and focus our awareness so that we can know what we already know and be who we already are.”
Whoever said these words truly understood the interconnection of yoga and spirituality. Contrary to the popular belief, yoga is not just about physical well-being but rather takes a deep discourse into the soul searching and mindful retrospection. This is the reason that everyone has a different perspective on yoga practices. For some, it is a way to feel good with their bodies while for some, yoga is a powerful tool to unravel their inner spirituality.
And if you belong to either or none of those people, this guide is for you. From the seven laws of spiritual yoga to their benefits, we have compiled everything you should know about spiritual yoga. Read on and state saying yes to life with yoga.
Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga
To understand the power of spiritual yoga and help you unite mind, body, and spirit, it is essential to know about the seven spiritual laws of yoga. These laws are based on ancient knowledge about yoga practices and offer deep insight into how yoga manifests various emotions in a person.
- Law of Pure Potentiality: As per Yoga, meditation is a great way to understand your potential and prowess. It also teaches your self-acceptance and leads your life constructively.
- Law of Offering and Accepting: Life depends on the simple fact that you get what you give to others. It reminds us of the fact that everything is constant and it is our duty to maintain that balance by transferring the good that we receive to others. We should practice gratitude and love for every creature to maintain harmony.
- Law of Cause and Effect: Also known as the law of karma, this law tells us that every action generates the result and it will depend on that action. The law is inspired by the teachings of Shrimad Bhagavad Gita and focuses on the fact that your karma will decide what you will get in life.
- Law of Least Effort: As per ancient knowledge, if you work with love and compassion towards others then you need the least effort in your plan. Just keep walking the path of righteousness and you can achieve anything with lesser efforts.
- Law of Intention and Aspiration: This law states that aspiration and intentions are crucial parts of human nature. You need to aspire while practicing social prosperity and your life will become much more meaningful.
- Law of Detachment: This law talks about our struggle to stay connected to moments. It says that by detaching ourselves and embracing uncertainties, you can step into the world of new possibilities.
- Law of Dharma: Last but not the least, the law of dharma establishes the age-old fact that nothing in this world is without motive. You must find that purpose and utilize your talents to serve others to feel bliss and self-satisfaction.
Best Styles of Yoga For Spiritual Awareness
The yoga science traces its roots back to ancient civilization and has been passed through gurus. Some of the old yoga styles are still popular while some have branched out of the existing styles. Below are five of the best yoga styles that you can choose if you are planning to start spiritual yoga for beginners. Take a look!
- Hatha Yoga: This is a classical form of yoga that makes you aware of your body and energy. The word “ha” means sun and “ta” means moon. In simple words, this yoga aims to bring a unity of sun and moon in you. It typically involves simple body postures for beginners and leaves you relaxed and calm.
- Kundalini Yoga: This yoga style is famous as a revisiting form of yoga that brings spiritual and physical practices to make you feel one with the body. It involves various breathing techniques, meditation, and chanting of mantras to enhance consciousness. Its goal is to release the serpent power (kundalini) which is found coiled at the base of the spine.
- Yin Yoga: Also known as Taoist yoga, this one focuses on relaxation and often involves meditation to help you find inner peace. You will have to practice slow postures which are held for a few minutes.
- Jivamukti Yoga: Created by David Life and Sharon Gannon in 1984, Jivamukti yoga is a combination of chanting, meditation, pranayama, music, and philosophy. It is one of the first yoga hybrids that brings inspiration from modern life and infuses it with vinyasa-style practice.
- Viniyoga: This yoga was created by Krishnamacharya, the great guru and yoga master. This spiritual human yoga focuses on an individual’s emotional, spiritual, mental, and physical abilities and helps them find customized Vedic chanting.
Other than these, there are various meditation sessions such as Chit Shakti Meditation created by Sadhguru that helps in manifest various emotions and make your mind powerful.
Benefits of Spiritual Yoga
From physical strength to spiritual alignment, yoga has the ability to offer you the best of both worlds. Here are some ways spiritual yoga can prove helpful for you:
- Regular yoga practice helps in removing negative thoughts and boosting positivity in life.
- Spiritual yoga proves extremely effective in managing emotional health and reducing the chances of stress, depression, and anxiety.
- It improves blood circulation and alleviates various medical health issues to keep the body healthy and well.
- Yoga styles such as Kundalini awaken the energy base at the spine making you feel energetic and peaceful.
- Performing yoga needs a lot of practice and self-discipline. Making you a spiritual warrior, yoga contributes to making you more mentally and physically disciplined while letting go of fears or situations that have been holding you back.
- It opens your mind to creativity and heals it from emotional blockage.
- Yoga makes you one with mind and body and makes you more compassionate and generous towards other human beings.
The Final Words
Practicing yoga and spirituality is no less than learning how to live life perfectly. This is the reason why it is still one of the most powerful practices that still continues to inspire people.
Here at Cult.Fit, we offer a number of powerful sessions and meditation practices. Curated by specialists and experts such as Sadhguru, Prasiddha Ramarao, and Dr. Shyam Bhat, these audio sessions help you manage emotions and develop a deep sense of gratitude towards life. If you or any of your loved one is planning to fuse spirituality in their life, just visit our app or website and get all the information and guidance you need.